Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

+19
Little Ninja
0ldcat
frazmcfraggle
Krusty
greencat
SteveCat
DAF
Robcat
Catapulted
Eddie990
furball
MevsyD
Dirt Bike Dave
Wild-Kat-Wolf
terry lees
Mac jock
yamahamad
billyw
Rosco
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. Empty Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 19 2011, 00:46

Hi All

Looking for a gauge of interest on this one please.
Probable maybe's and above.

The plan at the moment is to do something a bit different on the Friday night (subject to interest)

Since we are all petrol heads anyway how about seeing if we can get the go-karts on two wheels on the Friday night before the rideout on the Saturday.

Fiona (WkW) and myself have been looking at karting and accommodation in both Edinburgh (near the airport) and Livingston (about 10 miles west). We have since confirmed our booking at Livingston.

The guestimates of cost are currently approx £23 pppn (excluding breakfast) at a Hotel near to the karting (walking distance at Edinburgh Karting and about 2miles away from Livingston Karting)
Karting is working out at £25 pp at Livingston and possibly a bit more (tbc) at Edinburgh

Accomodation cost should be £27.50 pppn Inc breakfast
Cost of the karting should be £25 pp. We need 12 minimum.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is the only time we can get karting is 5.30 til 7.30 pm on the Friday.
We need to be there at 5pm!!! Shocked

Good news - or is it - we can get to the bar earlier.
You can just turn up at the karting (race-ready) and check in at your accommodation after if that helps.

I'm not forcing people to stay in the accommodation we suggest nor forcing people to attend or participate in the karting.

FYI - For people staying in the group accommodation we normally suggest people share twins (and doubles if you've pulled) and if it turns out we need an additional single room then the full cost is split equally between all people in the group accomodation. If you specifically want a single then you will need to pay any extra yourself.

If enough people want to do the karting for it to be viable them it will go ahead.

If people express an interest in doing a shorter and more fuel economical ride-out then this will go ahead. We've got a volunteer rideout leader ready should there be people wanting this option.
As mentioned in the other post should the two rideout option go ahead then we will probably still have rendezvous points and lunch together so people have the option of changing if they wish. If you are new to rideouts and want to be broken in gently or not so new to rideouts and fancy seeing the views a bit more then this might be just the ticket for you.

Route(s) haven't been 100% sorted yet but we will do our best to ensure we find the best bits.

Show your interest by adding your details below or PM me (with any questions too) with the info required below and I'll add you on. A deposit of £10 will confirm your place (subject to room availability)

Cheers
Rosco

MASTER LIST

[/tr]
Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard £10 Deposit Paid?
e.g. JoeBloggsYes / No No I'll sort my own / I'll be travelling from home / Only on the Sat etc.Shorter&SteadyEddie for me please (be gentle)
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard my beeatch
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie YES
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES No SteadyEddie YES
Jon (WKW OH) YESNo SteadyEddie YES
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard YES
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Robcat YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Little Ninja (Linz)YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard (Pillion with Robcat) YES
John No Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
DAF YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
Stevecat YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
(Lee) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
SeanYes ?/ No ? Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Will sort out with Tes
FrazMcFraggleNoNotbc n/a
TimYes Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Paid by Tes

Last edited by Rosco on Fri Apr 29 2011, 14:20; edited 20 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. Empty wee mac

Post  billyw Fri Jan 21 2011, 20:32

Rosco - I am interested in the wee mac, probably opt for the steady eddie being a ride-out virgin (another phrase I thought I'd never be using). Staying Friday and Sat, go-karting (if its open due to the out-pouring of national jubilation) and a twin with anyone that wants to share.
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  yamahamad Fri Jan 21 2011, 23:29

Excellent idea ross karting sounds a right laugh & a steady look at the beautiful scenery on a cat sounds perfect.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  Mac jock Sat Jan 22 2011, 08:54

Are you considering the new Xtreme karting venue that's just opened on the outskirts of Edinburgh?
Mac jock
Mac jock
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Track Engineer
Humour : Dark
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Jan 22 2011, 09:50

Yes Colin. It is on the cards but since Fiona managed to get a great deal at Livingston (still working on Edinburgh) then we might go for the Livingston option.

DirtBikeDave has been to the Edinburgh and advised us.
I'm hopefully going to visit Livingston today to check out the digs and karting.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Mac jock Sat Jan 22 2011, 10:05

Livy karts are good but xtreme are better.

Next time someone is speaking to xtreme, ask for Barrie and mention Mac from Scottish Elises.

He might say who? But he might offer a better deal great
Mac jock
Mac jock
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 32
Hobbies : Track Engineer
Humour : Dark
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Jan 23 2011, 15:16

Here you go Ross,

Eddie990YESFriday and Saturday NightStandard
Terry LeesMAYBEFriday and Saturday NightStandard

Twin for us please.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 15:25

If this is bh weekend i'm not sure yet - i've to work the day of the royal wedding and planning a trip to Seaways for Nick which i think may have been this weekend so if its RW weekend i'll maybe not make it = no point me coming up for a saturday evening!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Jan 23 2011, 16:14

Us please :whoop:

Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard
e.g. JoeBloggsYes / No No I'll sort my own / I'll be travelling from home / Only on the Sat etc.Shorter&SteadyEddie for me please (be gentle)
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie
Yamahamad YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Terry Lees MAYBEFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES Friday and Saturday Night SteadyEddie
Jon (WKW OH) YESMaybe SteadyEddie

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Mon Jan 24 2011, 18:23

Aye go on. Put me down for the full bifta.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Mon Jan 24 2011, 20:17

Please put me and my lass in for Friday night and Saturday including the karting and on the standard ride, can't work out the table thingy...
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Jan 24 2011, 20:53

Updated as per the last couple of posts great

Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Sat Jan 29 2011, 09:04

Pop my name in that there thingy for me please FI, for the fullworks

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Jan 29 2011, 14:21

Wild-Kat-Wolf wrote:Your wish is my command Davie great

FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 01 2011, 14:47

Hi All

I've made a preliminary booking in Livingston (Da Vincis)
Cost should be £27.50 pppn Inc breakfast.
Cost of the karting should be £25 pp. I think we need 12 minimum.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is the only time we can get karting is 5.30 til 7.30 pm on the Friday.
Good news - or is it - we can get to the bar earlier.

I realise that this earlier than I'd hoped start time might mean some folks either having to leave earlier to get there or possibly not being able to make the karting.

I'll send everyone already signed up a message soon so please get back to me or post up as soon as you can.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Feb 01 2011, 16:00

Hi Ross, Just spoke to Christian, put him down for both nights please, forgot to ask him about Karting, but he's more of a drinking man anyway. Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Tue Feb 01 2011, 17:51

terry lees wrote:Hi Ross, Just spoke to Christian, put him down for both nights please, forgot to ask him about Karting, but he's more of a drinking man anyway. Tes.

Thats a shame, imagine how red his head would go trying to fit onto a wee go-kart pmsl

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:46

Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Feb 03 2011, 01:21

UPDATE

I've had a 'YES' to the earlier karting time mesage I sent from most - (EIGHT)
Those who haven't yet replied (ONE) or replied but forgot the karting bit (TWO) I'll send a gentle reminder.
If we only have 10 for the Karting then the karting will be bit more expensive (but still much cheaper than Edinburgh)

After getting the final responses I'll be looking for £10 pp as a deposit.

Please note that if we have a odd number of people (as opposed to the usual - even number of odd people) then the cost of the B&B will be a little bit more so that everyone is paying the same.
Trust this will be OK with everyone. great

The Hotel still has places for a few more.

There must be a few 'locals' that haven't signed up yet .........WhitUrYeWaitinFur?

Folks are welcome for just the karting, just the pub or what the heck the rideout(s)

The go karting details are - HERE

The place most people are staying is HERE

The venue has a large car park covered by a security camera, the venue itself has a pub attached, a nightclub attached and a restaurant attached so the only travelling we really need to do will be on the bikes. great

Cost should be £25 pp (a bit more if we don't have enough numbers) for the karting & £27.50 pppn B&B
The cost for the karting at Edinburgh was over £40 so this was the preferred option. Big Thanks to WKW - Fiona for sorting us a great deal with the biker-owner.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Thu Feb 03 2011, 22:52

I'm in. Put me down for two nights, karting and the longer faster rideout please
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu Feb 03 2011, 23:21

Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Fri Feb 04 2011, 16:18

Sorry ross/fi i cannot attend as not able to get the time off work :(

Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Feb 04 2011, 19:17

No way Paul! Can't you pull rank and change it?
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. Empty Hmmm someone forgot.

Post  Robcat Fri Feb 04 2011, 19:39

Hello all.

Me and Linz will be up for the Friday and Saturday night and we shall both be doing the carting to get us in the mood for Sat's rideout.

Carnt get to grips with the menu sign up thingy, but we shall be there.

Use our own helmets while carting, even the dark visor.

Can I have white overhaul's so I can look abit like Stiggy?

Rob and Linz.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Feb 06 2011, 11:14

Hi Ross, Recently spoke to Tim, put him down for both nignts please and the karting. Full fat ride out as well. Cheers. Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next