Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Bike on Scene (FBOS)

2 posters

Go down

First Bike on Scene (FBOS) Empty First Bike on Scene (FBOS)

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 08 2010, 09:53

FBOS was devised by paramedics at the North West Ambulance Service and covers specific topics pertinent to motorcycle accidents. As many bikers ride in groups, the paramedics felt that fellow riders would be able to help till the professionals are able to get there.

The course is gaining popularity but isn't as widely implemented as Bikesafe so finding a course may not be easy. You get a certificate which is valid for two years.

This is one of those courses you do and hope you never need to put your training in action.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Google for courses nearer to you. Link to a description of the course from The Telegraph

The Support Rider group I am a part of organises a course each June/July for us - there are sometimes spare places. Can let those interested and close enough to Central London know closer to the time. I'm up for renewal this year, so will be going along.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

First Bike on Scene (FBOS) Empty Re: First Bike on Scene (FBOS)

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 14:37

Excellent Idea!! If it saves a few lives, bring it on...

I myself am an ECP and am always willing to lend a hand anyway...But hopefully will never ever have to. great
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down