Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members

5 posters

Go down

Members Empty Members

Post  FastKat Tue Dec 16 2008, 00:24

So then, 113 members, 53 not yet posted? C'mon guys and gals, make yourselves known.

Graeme
FastKat
FastKat
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 52
Hobbies : Fishing/Surfing/Windsurfing
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Members Empty Re: Members

Post  Schnorbitz Tue Dec 16 2008, 13:57

Ditto. It's awful quiet in here!
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Dec 17 2008, 22:24

Hi Folks,

I agree with both FastKat and Schnorbitz. A lot of people registered and not posted, that and it is very quiet on the site in General.

This I know can be in part put down to the time of year and the non activity of ride outs during the "OFF" season. Some may also be down to the social net working sites like facebook etc. and while some may also be down to the lack of info here. as opposed to that we left behind on msn.

There is nothing I or the other administrators can do about the former of those two, as very few of you will wish to do ride outs at this time of year, and the social networks are .... well what they are and do.
However the latter of the above ... ie .. the lack of info and actvity on site can be likened to a downward spiral. Not enough info or activity = members not using the site, which in turn leads to no info added and even less activity on site, which in turn leads to less activity because of the lack of info and member usage - add infanitum ...............

A lot of time and effort went into the establishment and constructing of this site for your enjoyment. Please don't let it go to waste.

All of the information (technical or other) on the MSN site came purely from members and their patronage off the site there. I'm afraid it is looking more and more likely that this info will be lost when MSN finaly throw the switch and turn msn groups off, unless rosco or simon come up with an answer as yet not explored.
Therefore I suppose the following is a kind of appeal ;
If any of the members here have pictures there (msn), and wish to have them on this site then now is the time to rescue them and re-home them here. Likewise with any information that is contained in the threads on msn, ie. Tyres, lights, scott oilers, carb icing ... etc.
Please help and assist your amin - management team by moving this stuff over. (the search engine is still working there for the time being).
Do Not post links to the msn site as they will stop functioning when msn shut groups down. Thanks for your help.

Lastly, I'd just like to let you all know that the preferences for this site are set in such a way that if a certain amount of posts (1 initially) are not made by members or they haven't visited the site for a given number of days (90 - though this can be shortened or lengthened), they receive an inactivity reminder. If no action is taken by that/those members the prefrences may de-activate or even delete memberships. This is only to prevent (for want of a better expression), "dead" memberships or screen names.

I'm sorry if this message comes over a bit abrupt, it's not meant too, neither is it meant to offend. It's merely an attempt at getting the site moving. I'm sure we'd all hate to see it stall and die before it even got a good chance to get propper going.

All the best
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstruck Wed Dec 17 2008, 22:55

re ride outs
anyone up for any rides over the festive season?
went out to night in my summer gloves, 9degress on the north wales coast, 9pm on a december day Very Happy

now added to the right section Smile

Last edited by thunderstruck on Wed Dec 17 2008, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
thunderstruck
thunderstruck
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : cctv/intruder alarms, you know big brother stuff
Humour : wots that?
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstruck Wed Dec 17 2008, 23:18

when i was searching for a forum this one didnt come up and the only one i found was the bikersoracle one
i was directed to this site by a former cat owner from a hiluxsurf forum im a member of.
maybe an IT person could do something about it, google search wise
just a thought
john
thunderstruck
thunderstruck
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : cctv/intruder alarms, you know big brother stuff
Humour : wots that?
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Schnorbitz Thu Dec 18 2008, 14:20

thunderstruck wrote:re ride outs
anyone up for any rides over the festive season?
went out to night in my summer gloves, 9degress on the north wales coast, 9pm on a december day Very Happy

now added to the right section Smile

Err, great offer but I'm currently living in -8 conditions with 5 inches of snow on the ground - and another 10 expected by end of play tomorrow. Plus I'm off to my company Christmas party in Washington!! Smile Woohoo!!!!!
Schnorbitz
Schnorbitz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 35
Hobbies : Job = LANDesk consultant. Hobbies = Bikes!
Humour : Bring on your sarcasm!
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Jan 06 2009, 13:10

FastKat wrote:So then, 113 members, 53 not yet posted? C'mon guys and gals, make yourselves known.

Graeme

130 members, 55 not yet posted? C'mon guys and gals, make yourselves known. Wink Don't be shy

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down