Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri

+3
Toni
Wild-Kat-Wolf
rogs84
7 posters

Go down

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri Empty Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for right one!

Post  rogs84 Tue Feb 09 2010, 16:51

Hi everyone,

I'm on the look out for a decent second hand cat, having passed by DAS last May since then I've been pottering around on derbi senda still.

This bike is close to me in Devon but have now noticed the wheels are silver where as most other Thundercats seem to be graphite grey.
Its listed on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160396324139&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

This is the reply I had after asking for further details:

The service book has 3 stamps, the last being at 4625 May 2005, in nov 2005 (which is the first of 4 MOT cert) the MOT states 10070 miles and the bike has had very little use each year up until last summer when it was used properly again and brings it to its current mileage. Everything works as it should and I can't fault this bike in anyway, I don't know of any major service having been carried out but the way the engine runs and how the bike handles I would say with confidence that the bike has been look after and seen the neccessary work when due. I took the bike in part ex against a VFR 800 that I had but I have two other bikes already (Aprilia Falco and BMW F650), so no need for another. This thundercat is one of the cleanest I have seen in a while. Hope that info helps.

Sorry for long 1st post everyone but any ideas and thoughts about this bike or waiting for another one. I'm hoping to have one for before the summer and before the prices start to rise again!

Thanks a lot

Rogan
rogs84
rogs84

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri Empty Re: Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Tue Feb 09 2010, 18:45

Don't worry about the silver wheels - they'll be polished ones - both my Ace and my Cat have the same.... personally I prefer them like that - but that's just me...... it looks a nice bike, and tbh, if it wasn't so far away from me, me and my mate (who is also looking for a Cat) would have been very interested in it (especially as she wanted a red one). Good luck if you go for it and Welcome to the site great

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri Empty Re: Hi everyone, I'm looking to get a Thundercat, waiting for ri

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09 2010, 18:54

Hi Rogan,

Welcome to the site - it looks a nice cat and like Fi says don't worry bout the wheels - it'll save you some money if you wanted polished rims lol - keep meaning to get mine done but the car always wants something whenever i get the money lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Tue Feb 09 2010, 19:26

Welcome aboard great

The cat looks really nice - i like that colour!
The wheels fit to that cat - so don't worry Wink
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Tue Feb 09 2010, 20:06

Hello & welcome the bike looks real nice. I am not too sure but some earlier ones did have silver wheels maybe someone will know for definite.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Feb 09 2010, 22:25

Welcome, Hope you enjoy the site!

Ellie :flower:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wambo Wed Feb 10 2010, 17:58

ay up me duck Laughing
wambo
wambo
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 107
Hobbies : Beer and Birds Oh smashing
Humour : a bit twisted, but always take the P out myself
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 10 2010, 19:43

The bike looks very nice. I'm sure a price guide will tell you if it is good value but looks like a good deal.
Take a biker friend or consider asking a mechanic to go with if you are unsure what to look for. A test ride to ensure 2nd gear stays in throughout the range is worth doing I'd suggest.
Hope the deal is very good and true without being too good to be true if you know what I mean.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  rogs84 Wed Feb 10 2010, 22:52

cool thanks for the advice everyone, I agree the silver wheels look good I'll take a friend along and see how it goes and whether it is a good one!
rogs84
rogs84

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11 2010, 23:47

Hi , Welcome ,I have an all Red model just like the one in your ebay - but mine does have the original black wheels - but that one looks good with the silver wheels too.
Below are a couple of cats I found on autotrade just to give an idea of what £2000 can buy you . Yours does look fairly priced - but obviously have it checked out .
John.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200943344361374/
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201004351140227/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down