Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S&T Sign In

+5
Krusty
ellie
Rosco
MevsyD
0ldcat
9 posters

Go down

S&T Sign In Empty S&T Sign In

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 27 2009, 13:36

Hi Folks,

0ldcat & The SunQueen signing in from the sunny north Yorkshire Dales.

What a Corking good weekend it was too, great Craic.
Cracking good route on a clear and sunny day. Had a great day out on the Saturday. Roads and views were stunning.

As always it was great to see people again and a couple of new faces too. We even managed to attract a new recruit from Ingleton, and no Nige the site address is not GayChristianBikers dot com Laughing

The social evenings on the Friday and Saturday were (as usual) fantastic. The yard of ale drinking competition in pink boxer shorts was a surpprise though Shocked

The laminated (shrink wrapped) bike on the Sunday morning was a classic rofl2 . . . I'm sure all the photos and story will follow Clap

As always there will be some good (tall) stories about the whole weekend and some cracking good pics of events both on the ride and the socials pinkelly

Sure it's not gonna be the most , but I managed 470 miles covered over the whole weekend (that includes the 220 mile Saturday ride-out). What a Face

Massive thanks to Chris (Eddie990) for the organising of this event and to Terry for leading the route (if a tad quickly Shocked ).
The venue really was a diamond of a find, and I look forward to the next Surf & Turf . We booking the same place next year ? Please ??

Last edited by 0ldcat on Sun Sep 27 2009, 16:58; edited 2 times in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

S&T Sign In Empty Re: S&T Sign In

Post  MevsyD Sun Sep 27 2009, 16:08

Got back yesterday evening after a really terrific day. The route was great, the road up to Hartside cafe will stick in my memory for a long time trying to stay on the tail of a triumph 955i, and generally just a really great ride out.

Haven't done a proper mile count as there was the 'extra' bit that Terry took us on with roads that were better designed for cattle than blunderbuss thunderaces! Though Terry, if you can please put that road up as I will be taking a few pals on that when I get the chance as describing it has no where near the impact of riding it.... (And sorry to Roscoe when I was the gatekeeper, didn't mean to close it on you... I thought you would have kept up!)

Great weather, nice at the end of September, thanks for organising that whoever did it! Gutted I couldn't do the overnight but very glad I made the ride out. Huge thanks to Chris for all the planning and to Terry for leading the group. The pace was swift and brought the best out of the roads.

I'll be booking onto the trips next year for sure after the craic I've had at the TOL and the Turf and Turf... Brilliant fun, thanks again!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 27 2009, 16:54

Back home safe n sound.
Absolutely fantastic weekend, great accommodation, hilarious craic......the rideout was no bad either Very Happy

TBH I did contemplate riding on past the accommodation as I arrived when I saw all the very nearly nude men wearing only their underpants and drinking yards of ale.
I'm quite partial to a Hen Night on rideouts but I that did phase me a bit......Bea, Ellie, Sue and Pam didn't seem that bothered though shit happens

Thanks to Chris and all who did their bit in the organisation.
I think I'm best suited to leading or back markering coz my marking is pants.....and my pants were very nearly worn as a snood. wall
Thanks Again........Great Weekend.....Looking forward to next years runs.

I'll try and post up pics later.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 27 2009, 17:28

Rosco wrote:
I think I'm best suited to leading or back markering coz my marking is pants.....and my pants were very nearly worn as a snood. wall
Rosco
"A snood is a type of headgear, historically worn by women over their long hair. In the most common form it resembles a close-fitting hood worn over the back of the head."

Taken to wearing yer pants on yer head then Ross Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Sep 27 2009, 18:47

Wow!! What a weekend!!

Managed to cover best part of 600 miles, just got in.

Thanks to Nige and Jill for letting us tag along on the journey up, stopped at Squires and had a great lunch.

The B&B was spot on, and the evenings were fantastic!! (Maybe 2am today wasnt the best decision of the weekend...) Blokes in pants? Why didnt you tell me, never noticed them at all........Did notice an odd bloke loitering with intent next to them tho, in some kind of freaky Santa Suit! Shocked

loved the rideout and the roads, SUPERB road up to the cafe which was such fun...A little pacey for me as i struggle with riding a bike and watching scenery at the same time!! Not brill at multitasking!! In touch with my male side I think, must be why when I pulled up at the fuel stop, before removing my lid, the man did say 'hello chap'!!!

Thanks to Chris for all his hard work, it was great!! Sweets, icecream, cheese (nearly) and great food!!

Look forward to the start of the new rideout season now....

naughty

Ellie girl_witch :flower: :flower: ⭐ ⭐
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Sun Sep 27 2009, 19:22

Just back home, trousers and all: only live half an hour from the Marton Arms, but we ended up taking a detour round most of North Yorks ending up in Rochdale.

Great weekend, much more comfortable than last year's S&T, thanks Chris and Terry for the organising.

Roll on Wee Mac!
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Sep 27 2009, 23:22

Got home at 8PM.

3 Thundercats left Marton Arms a tad after 11am. Ride to Northamton was great, even though we ended up doing the M1 Shocked , then the filtering started. In the first incident the M1 had been closed because of, what looked like a scooterist had, a very serious accident. The M25 lived up to its reputation, being clogged as usual!!!
No problems till 15 miles from home and then some strange noises (possibly the chain), got back with no issues though - that's tomorrow's problem.

Fantastic weekend, great meeting old friends and new. Many thanks to Chris and Terry.

Venue was absolutely brilliant, roads unreal, weather played ball, blokes in pants a bit dodgy though naughty (Pam doesn't agree wall)
Haven't worked out how far we travelled, but pillion's derriere's numbness tells me it was quite far !!!

Our pics are here.

Pitty it has to get really cold before we have another ride out.

-Steve & Pam

Last edited by SteveCat on Mon Sep 28 2009, 09:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : get the place name right !!)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 28 2009, 03:18

My Photos and some videos (trimmed to 1m 30s grumpy ) HERE
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:15

Jill & Nigel checking in, got home at 5:30pm Sunday after a nice run up to Penrith & accross the Penines with an old mate.
although Hartop side was covered in cloud & freezing cold & the road were wet & nothing like as enjoyable as Saturday

Thanks Chris for arranging the weekend - finding such a Great venue & sorting us a brilliant deal !
Certainly were some first class roads & views & a very good Lunch + superb weather.
As always excellent company.
Huge thanks to all - when's the next one.
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Tue Sep 29 2009, 17:55

Well I managed 690 miles door to door over the weekend which is why its taken me this long to summon the energy to type this.

What can I say - another superb biking weekend - thanks so much for organising Chris. That venue is perfectly placed for some great roads. The rooms are just fine, the food is good and at £20 per night its one of the best value places around. Lets make it a regular stop over and next year lets try to fill every room. A great find Chris!

Terry led us on a great route on some very varied roads. I particularly enjoyed the run up to Hartside and then the road from Alston to Barnard Castle. Not quite so keen on the gated road towards the end of the day, but perhaps that would have been a different story on the GS.

Thanks to Greencat for making sure my bike stayed fresh over night. Not sure how to repay you yet, but give me time... deal

Good to see everyone again - hope to do it all again next year.

Mark
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Fri Oct 16 2009, 02:04

An EXTREMELY belated sign in Embarassed

I had an absolutely cracking weekend, thanks to everybody for coming. Glad you all enjoyed it so much, more of the same to come next year (Hopefully with more 'surf')

Excellent pics Ross and Steve, just been scanning throught them. Guffawed at embarrasing volume at Marks laminated bike......funny as! rofl2

Can't believe it's been 3 weeks already, where does time go?

Chris
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 16 2009, 07:57

Eddie990 wrote:

Can't believe it's been 3 weeks already, where does time go?

Chris

In an alcohol induced haze???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down