Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswolds & Oxon Loop

+15
MrNutt
Dirt Bike Dave
bobh
Rosco
Robcat
Radar
Dogsbody
0ldcat
Lone'cat
Ondurin
robertcains
terry lees
alleycat
weasley
SteveCat
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

windy Cotswolds & Oxon Loop

Post  SteveCat Wed Jun 08 2016, 11:07

First topic message reminder :

We've been discussing this for a while, but time has come to announce the details of the inaugural ride through the Cotswolds.

Basing ourselves at the Holt Hotel on the crossroads of the B4030 and the A4260 near Steeple Aston. There are other accommodation options available, B&B's from about a mile away and a  camp-site about 4 miles away.
Meet at The Holt from Friday evening for those staying over, those close by who would like to join for the day's ride-out are most welcome and can join us in the hotel car park Saturday morning. Conveniently there is a petrol station opposite the hotel.

The price of the hotel (per person per night)
RO: £35
BB: £40
DBB: £65

bookings please either via this thread or a PM to Ondurin (Raymond). The ride-out is in the planning stages, however getting an idea of how many will be able to make the ride-out will help with the catering choices.

If you could put your names down here, the master list will updated. Questions and discussions are welcome in this thread.

Last edited by SteveCat on Fri Jun 24 2016, 13:39; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : updated info)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

windy Re: Cotswolds & Oxon Loop

Post  The White One Tue Aug 16 2016, 02:17

Fantastic write up Paul, I've got footage of the horse that nearly killed me lol. I believe I also have your overtake on film possibly, maybe whoops no sorry deleted it. Just editing the footage and swear words out and compiling a few shorts and I'll post up the finished articles.

Definitely have to meet up with you guys and do that run again soon. I want another shot at that Fish Hill, such a great road, they all were.

The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:20

Thanks Paul for your great write up, you are however a little modest, if I may...

I was tail end charlie till the afternoon tea stop where Paul kindly took over, thank you. Had some fun on the B4437 behind Bob but needed to slow down a bit when the pain in my left arm got too much. Really need to get to the bottom of why I get it, only happened since I got the Tracer.

Thanks Paul (The  White One)  for looking out for me whilst I was TEC, sorry for giving you the scare when I kept disappearing - combination of the above mentioned pain and also hanging back so I could 'catch up' Wink
I'd like to do at least Fish Hill again, maybe we can arrange a day to get up there.

I ought to play down just what a great ride it was in fear of others reading this and wishing to ride this part of the country Laughing
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Ondurin Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:34

The White One wrote:Fantastic write up Paul, I've got footage of the horse that nearly killed me lol. I believe I also have your overtake on film possibly, maybe whoops no sorry deleted it. Just editing the footage and swear words out and compiling a few shorts and I'll post up the finished articles.

Definitely have to meet up with you guys and do that run again soon. I want another shot at that Fish Hill, such a great road, they all were.

Please tell me you have the footage of my bike going sideways because of the massive cats-eyes?

Love to see what it looked like in comparison to what it felt like!

Raymond
Ondurin
Ondurin
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 121
Hobbies : Bikes & Gaming PC's.
Humour : What's humour?
Registration date : 2015-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:52

Nice write up Paul.

I don't remember you overtaking me either.
Wink
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Tue Aug 16 2016, 19:18

Excellent write up as usual Paul, thanks for sharing.

Paul
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed Aug 17 2016, 21:52

Great review Paul, makes me feel even worse about forgetting it!

Last edited by Radar on Thu Aug 18 2016, 23:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5