Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone got any plans for a ride out?

+3
Radar
Rosco
Jkillroe
7 posters

Go down

Anyone got any plans for a ride out?  Empty Anyone got any plans for a ride out?

Post  Jkillroe Mon Jan 12 2015, 13:42

Anyone planning on a ride out in the west midlands area I'm in Staffordshire myself please let me know.
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

Anyone got any plans for a ride out?  Empty Re: Anyone got any plans for a ride out?

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 14:10

If you can wait till May come up for Wee Mac - details [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Anyone got any plans for a ride out?  Empty Re: Anyone got any plans for a ride out?

Post  Radar Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:29

In west mids too, will be doing a ride out at some point in the next few weeks if the weather holds

I often pop into the Quattford bikers cafe just outside Bridgnorth
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkillroe Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:34

Oh yes we often go there too
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkillroe Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:41

Don't think ill be able too get it off work for the wee mac would be nice tho
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jan 13 2015, 00:09

There are other ride-out's too - maybe BC? Bit closer for you and the dates may suit your work schedule better?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkillroe Tue Jan 13 2015, 00:58

Yes I hope so I would like to get out with you guy's
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Digger1981 Wed Mar 04 2015, 21:11

Bassetts Pole on the A38 just outside Sutton Coldfield is bike night on Tuesdays but probably a bit of a trek if you are in Bridgenorth?

If you fancy venturing out of the West Midlands into the East Midlands (God's country) I can thoroughly recommend The Vic in Coalville, Leics. Bike night is Thursday but there is something going on every night. Search vicbikerspub on your generic search engine..
Wear black.
Digger1981
Digger1981
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Jkillroe Thu Mar 05 2015, 00:42

Sounds good I'll take a look
Jkillroe
Jkillroe
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogsbody Thu Mar 05 2015, 12:03

Will be going to Telford and RAF Cosford around April if that's any good. Bike16
Dogsbody
Dogsbody
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Guitar/Bikes
Humour : Swiss Toni
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Digger1981 Mon Mar 23 2015, 08:42

Had my first ride of the year last week (MOT doesn't count as it's only a mile to the bike shop). 35 miles through Birmingham took 1hr 10 mins. I found the temp gauge and fan works fine when the gauge went through the roof whilst trying to filter off the M6 onto the A38. Does keep your right foot warm too.. Was nice to be back on the bike. Ride home was much better, and quicker.

On Friday I went with the Doris to collect her first bike. A CB500. She hasn't ridden since she passed in 2006 so this should be a good starter bike for her. It's an old bike (the CB I mean) but at the price it should still be worth the same if she sells it next year. Ride back was nice though a fork seal has gone so I've got to sort that this week. It showed me that there is a issue with my Cats clutch, I have about 5mm of use, that's it. Just curl my finger tips and the clutch is in. The CB used just about all the lever travel, much more control.

My 3 year old likes the CB as it's red. Typical girl...
Digger1981
Digger1981
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Mon Mar 23 2015, 15:53

Dogsbody wrote:Will be going to Telford and RAF Cosford around April if that's any good. Bike16

I shall be attending this too as its local to me and a cause close to my own heart.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Digger1981 Sat Apr 18 2015, 15:25

Replaced the CB's fork seals and refitted the forks. Caliper was a bit moist so probably contaminated so replaced the pads and cleaned the front brake up too.

Took the Doris out on her CB last week for her first ride since she passed her test in 2006. She fell off at a standstill on the driveway (Good job I had my lid on so she couldn't see me laughing) but she got straight back on and after about half an hour we finally left our street and went out. Did about fifteen miles on some quiet, sensible roads, out towards Donnington Park. She didn't stop grinning after we got back. We need to get out more and get her confidence up but baby steps....

Last nightshift tonight then four days off so hopefully will get to go out again with her.
Digger1981
Digger1981
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down