Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike won't start

+5
stretchie_
The White One
Wooster
SteveCat
weasley
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bike won't start - Page 2 Empty Bike won't start

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03 2014, 12:07

First topic message reminder :

Hi,
I've been trying to start the engine but I'm having issues, I had a loud noise , a bang coming from the exhaust in the best case scenario. Battery new, fuel pump working, fuel filter new, air filter clean and cleaned the pipe air filter too, full choke won't start the bike, I can hear the starter cranking, second gear push start method also failed. Do I need to clean the carbs, change the spark plugs? I've already cleaned one spark plug but nothing changed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bike won't start - Page 2 Empty Re: Bike won't start

Post  The White One Thu Dec 18 2014, 19:24

wouldnt be over keen to swop them out, maybe after a couple of years but 10 months is a bit of a waste of decent spark plugs. If your getting no issues with them i wouldnt worry about it. If your concerned then maybe loosen, then tighten by hand then just a qtr turn and bobs your uncle.

The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

Bike won't start - Page 2 Empty Re: Bike won't start

Post  SteveCat Thu Dec 18 2014, 23:27

Please don't go throwing out the plugs because of my experience. Spark plugs ought to be good for 20k miles, does depend on the type of riding though.

My personal view on Iridiums' is they do not add any value to the performace nor offer longer life in a 'Cat - more suited to fuel injected engines with an appropiate HT supply.
In my case something went horribly wrong - I'm not sure I'll ever get to the bottom of it. Could have been fitted incorrectly, maybe a faulty plug, my money's on the carbs - not a view universally shared amunsgt the 4 mechy's I've had take a look at the problem.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2