Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

track day ticket

4 posters

Go down

track day ticket Empty track day ticket

Post  thunderstu600 Thu May 29 2014, 11:17

Hey guys

As the title suggests there's a Silverston trackday ticket for sale. This coming monday 8-5

My cousin bought it for her husband and didn't realise how much it would cost them for track insurance, to get there and do the day so they offered to me but I'm working everyday till B.c.

So If anyone is lucky enough to have the day off or live close enough or in general wants to go and have fun on thrre bike, Let me know. Should be a simple change of name and I presume an email for a copy of the letter etc.

Cheers Stu

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

track day ticket Empty Re: track day ticket

Post  thunderstu600 Thu May 29 2014, 14:29

Price for the ticket, bargain @ £55. That's all she wants, cost her £175.
Inbox/pm me if interested
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Thu May 29 2014, 22:42

Damn - I'm already booked on that one, otherwise I'd have it like a shot.  Billy Whizz

If anyone's considering it, it's being run by Silverstone themselves, who seem to be stricter on track discipline than the likes of No Limits and Focused Events. Also they have smaller groups, and the sessions are longer - 25 minutes each. I'm told this one is aimed mainly at road-going bikes. Oh, and the ticket includes a £10 meal voucher.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Thu May 29 2014, 23:19

Thanks for the info bobh. I didn't know anything about it either but may sway some people if they not going to B.c etc.

I would love to have done it myself as would my cousins husband but my work commitments and his lack of funds etc means he nor I can go.

need to know asap if anyone's interested so details and such can be swapped over.
Thank again

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Thu May 29 2014, 23:27

COCK iam in spain or I would of snapped your hand off
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Mon Jun 02 2014, 21:58

Well, a great day and it stayed dry.

Although it was my second time on the full GP circuit, the first time (last autumn with Focused Events) was a bit unsatisfactory - I never really got a chance to learn any of it as I think pretty much every session was red flagged after a couple of laps.

This time I pottered round in the first couple of sessions trying to get to grips with it, but it can be quite confusing - certain sections are very similar to others, so I was getting a bit disoriented . So I decided to splash out and have an instructor show me the way round, which worked a treat. Flying round Woodcote at some stupid speed accelerating at full lean is just the most awsome experience, but I would never have plucked up the courage to do it if I hadn't had the instructor to drag me along.

Needless to say I'm now totally cream crackered, so it's an early night for me.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Mon Jun 02 2014, 22:56

Glad you had a great day Bob, no one took up the ticket offer from my end so a great day missed.

wish i phoned in sick for a few days haha. Maybe next time
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jun 03 2014, 00:20

Glad you had a great day Bob.
Shame about the space going a begging Stu - just wished I had the holiday and stayed a few hundred miles closer.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down