Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us your biking history in pics

+24
Strawballs
dudeofrude
ian505050
HEHORE
littlecat
reciprocity
dixiethedog
sir digby
Panzerbuilder
yamahamad
0ldcat
SimonAKASimon
bigcarl
pipersam
ellie
Radar
robertcains
tcatcarson
redrob600
jacurutu
BlueZed
SteveCat
stretchie_
Catapulted
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Empty Show us your biking history in pics

Post  Catapulted Thu Nov 13 2008, 22:33

First topic message reminder :

Here's mine.

Started off with a 125 like this one (except mine was black) Slow and seriously uncool, but my first pair of wheels so it was cool to me.

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Etz125

Passed my test and moved on to a heady 33bhp in the form of this:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Leftview

2 years probation over and the sportsbike world was my oyster! So I chose this:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 WelspoolTrip004

Made the mistake of watching Long Way Round once to often, so this joined the stable for a while:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Scotland001

Which was replaced with a newer version:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Beemer

But I didn't like the colour so it got converted to this:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 IMGP0703-1

Still love the beemer, fantastic all round bike, but when this came up for sale I couldn't resist:-

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 DSC00272

Job permitting, intending to keep both for another summer of fun......!

What's your story?
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Show us your biking history in pics

Post  SteveCat Wed Feb 11 2015, 11:24

Yeah, my Thundercat days are nearly over - they are very good bikes.

Stevecat2 never idled properly in spite of best attempts by 3 mechanics. It finally worn me down to the point I wasn't enjoying my rides anymore and frankly I lost trust in it. The workshop manager at Mr Yamaha seemed confidant he knew what the problem was, but I'm not being a desperate gambler anymore - plonk the money down, this is the one I'll hit the jackpot this time.

I've p/ex'd the 'Cat and I do hope they fix the problem and not just dump it into the trade. It is a cracking bike, goes like stink and is in fairly decent nick, brand new rear tyre and shock - It'll make someone very happy, just for me the flame has gone out and I'm not sure I'll get it back.

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 5108

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 Empty Re: Show us your biking history in pics

Post  bingowatts Wed Feb 11 2015, 16:53

Hope you enjoy your Tracer as much as i enjoy my MT 09. So much fun as you don't have to wait till the power band kicks in, its just flys from the off. Still got my T/cat though,just slowly doing the bits that have been neglected on a daily bike
bingowatts
bingowatts
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dudeofrude Wed Feb 11 2015, 19:18

Ah well I suppose all good things come to an end. I know ow I won't have a cat forever. It's an amazing bike but it's just getting too dated now. If only they'd carried it on and gave it fuel injection, digital display, ride modes, abs, traction control, led lights etc etc then it'd be flawless but alas it is what it is. I still love it though Smile
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Feb 11 2015, 20:38

Yeah, that's played on my mind too as well as the emmission tax Boris wants to impose to enter London, it's not due till 2020 but if he has his way it'll be in by next year. Next thing I'll know I'll have to pay it every time I leave home sad
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Thu Feb 12 2015, 07:41

Guess I'll have to update my list G_Link from 6 years ago as well now Wink

So here's the update:

The Z750 was great and I thought I'd keep it for good but then I came across this Yamaha MT-09 in late 2013 and had to order it. Finally picked it up in March 2014 and it's been a great bike from the start. Done nearly 8000km up until end of September when it went into winter storage and now I can't wait for all the snow to melt to get it out again...

Maybe this will be the one I keep for good Wink

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 2014-010
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Apr 07 2016, 23:25

thought I'd blow the cobwebs off this thread, might be fun for those who haven't seen it and join in.

I'm currently doing a sort of my biking life in pictures and many more words on social media, has been suggested that I post the tales here too.

Oh I see I haven't got my list up-to-date ... MT-09 Tracer in Spain

Show us your biking history in pics - Page 3 11872121_10153180414006025_5958448109710028028_o
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3