Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOT time

3 posters

Go down

MOT time Empty MOT time

Post  HEHORE Wed Jan 16 2013, 02:03

Well my week started in a cold shed , going over the bike to make sure it's ready. Usual things, clean the brake pistons, change the fluid, took the pads out the front left caliper ,right pad looks nearly new, left side is about 100th of mm left on it , after 6 hours playing to free up the pistons finally got it working , then replace all pads (£55) next thing ,check all lights work ,front brake lever don't turn on the light , snapped the connector of the wire , dunno how. But 2 mins to fix , indicators both front not working. Full of water and shorting themselves, easy fix , so all was good , Until mot man says bad news , there is no support on the exhaust (my can is 6inch no room for hanger , but the mount underneath has snapped) and the are no remaining bushes in the rear shock/swingarm joint!!! How did I not notice that ????

But work is being carried out and should have it back on Saturday(£150 lighter )
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

MOT time Empty Re: MOT time

Post  Pipes23 Wed Jan 16 2013, 12:52

Fair play for checking your bike out and doing work before you take it in. I am afraid I just start it and take it in without having a look at anything! Touch wood nothing much is ever really wrong, although I guess doing less than 100 miles a year means nothing gets worn out too fast!
Pipes23
Pipes23
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Wed Jan 16 2013, 13:14

Pipes23 wrote: although I guess doing less than 100 miles a year
Not surprised there never anything wrong lol,
I do about 12000 miles a year , so I don't think mine's too bad things considered
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampers Wed Jan 16 2013, 18:51

I've got mine going in on the 24th and I have to get new tires as mine have been squared away abit doing some motorway munching lol
Rampers
Rampers
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 243
Hobbies : In a dead end job, riding ,rugby and being family man
Humour : Last in the que
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down