Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat

+12
weasley
Toxic Tom
JAM
redrob600
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Radar
robertcains
Wiz
MevsyD
Sooty521
druidsam
Rosco
16 posters

Go down

BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat Empty BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat

Post  Rosco Thu Apr 30 2009, 14:19

Come on folks ...... what is the best thing great (or things) you've done to your Thundercat.

A performance add-on
A trick add-on
An adjustment to suit you
Lots of TLC and a blooming good clean with picture to prove it.

Answers on a postcard complete with pictures if poss please. great
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat Empty Re: BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat

Post  Guest Thu Apr 30 2009, 16:57

Getting rid of the stock end can and putting on a carbon Micron can.

A lot lighter (not that I really noticed), made the bike look loads better (that I did notice) and it supposedly added a few bhp to the performance (again, I'm nowhere near good enough to notice).

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat Empty Re: BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat

Post  druidsam Fri May 01 2009, 00:31

extended the mirrors Laughing

....................Sam
druidsam
druidsam
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : hillwalking,fishing
Registration date : 2008-11-08

http://www.bikerforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 01 2009, 20:35

Lowered it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sooty521 Fri May 01 2009, 20:45

Micron can

HID Headlight

Givi Box (boring but B****y useful!!)
Sooty521
Sooty521
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Insurance Loss Adjuster (boring, but can be useful!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri May 01 2009, 21:05

Seat cowl. Saves me having to carry pillion when the sun comes out! Have two cans too that I swap around. One a chrome micron that looks decent that I got from the old site and a renegade carbon fibre straight thru that sounds effing great and scares kids!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 01 2009, 21:06

Sooty being boring has reminded me - apart from lowering it - getting the Ventura luggage stuff - fanTAStic!!! great
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wiz Fri May 01 2009, 22:56

Would love to say bought her, but think she'll disagree so i'll go for the cbrr taillight conversion.
Wiz
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sat May 02 2009, 02:02

Rode her like I stole her naughty Love it Laughing
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun May 03 2009, 12:12

Rode around Europe!

No mods I am afraid, totally stock!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon May 04 2009, 11:36

..... slowed down from 120 MPH seconds before passing an unmarked Police Car at 97 MPH Laughing
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Tue May 05 2009, 00:07

Double-bubble screen (and mirror extenders)
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Tue May 05 2009, 13:46

Black Double Bubble screen

Carbon front Mudguard

Carbon engine covers

Single seat cover

But by far the best : Fitted Micron race can then had it dyno'd and fitted K&N filters.
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxic Tom Thu May 07 2009, 02:56

JAM wrote:

Carbon engine covers

They sound tasty, where can I get some?
Toxic Tom
Toxic Tom
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu May 07 2009, 09:44

Best thing I have recently done is change the brake fluid and ride it to work. It's the first time I have ridden to my new workplace - it's an 80 mile round trip taking in A roads, B roads and motorway (the mix is dependent on how I feel). If you do have to commute, what a way to do it!

In practical terms, I think the best thing I did to it was fit a permanent fly-lead behind the right-rear fairing section so that I can plug it into the battery charger in 2 seconds flat. Genius.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Thu May 07 2009, 10:23

Toxic Tom wrote:
JAM wrote:

Carbon engine covers

No Idea, it was about 4 years or more since I fitted them. You'd have to google it.
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs Thu May 07 2009, 14:51

[quote="JAM"]
Toxic Tom wrote:
JAM wrote:

Carbon engine covers

Heres a link to an seller on ebay, Thundercat carbon engine casings at a damn good price great

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
tubbs
tubbs
2Bronze
2Bronze

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri May 08 2009, 07:55

Best things were, put a different rear shock on it,uprated the front springs and put a slighty stiffer oil in,nice end can (road legal of course ) double bubble screen and bridgestone 014s on,wow what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and changed the headlight by taking out the reflector and putting in a 120 watt bulb

pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxic Tom Fri May 08 2009, 12:49

[quote="tubbs"]
JAM wrote:
Toxic Tom wrote:
JAM wrote:

Carbon engine covers

Heres a link to an seller on ebay, Thundercat carbon engine casings at a damn good price great

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for the link, they do look the mutts nuts. I love the english translation description ---

"With the protective lid of the fa CARBONADI it concerns protective lid especially for racing purposes were developed. They serve primarily the protection of engine parts.
Numerous lintels have unambiguously proved that our lids in the position are to be prevented a damage of the original lid and therefore the engine or to minimise substantially.
The extreme wear opposition is guaranteed by a special system. Thus the lids pass of 4 different fibrous materials and 2 different resinous systems specially for the fa CARBONADI are preset. The core of the protective lid forms extremely travel and wear-steady, pure Keflar fabric with which the fall place in the lid is equipped several times overlapping. The strength amounts to 3 mms to 5 mms according to execution. Lids are to be allowed on the edge basically thin as at the fall place around the assembly by perhaps disguising parts of the motorcycle easily.

Specially manufacture is possible to every time. Thus, e.g., titanium, steel or aluminium tins with can be trained to make the lids even more sure. Also in the surface colour we are variable. Thus you can choose the surface in COACH VOUCHER, HYBRID (coach voucher-Keflar, yellow-black, twill connection or canvas connection) or KEFLAR (yellow). Other colours on inquiry.

Lids are stuck on the original lid. Glue on silicone base to 250°C is not included in the scope of supply, however, on inquiry available."

rofl
Toxic Tom
Toxic Tom
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down

BEST thing you've done to your Thundercat Empty bought one.....

Post  knarfScot Fri May 08 2009, 21:59

went to Italy and back via the alps..
knarfScot
knarfScot
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 16
Hobbies : Software Developer
Humour : Dark, twisted
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  MickyP Wed May 13 2009, 19:50

Fitted heated grips. Also a digital clock from halfords (pushbike type), which clips around the pipework near the master cylinder. Amazing how often I refer to it.
MickyP
MickyP
3Bronze
3Bronze

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxic Tom Sun May 24 2009, 17:40

Best thing I did to Kitty? Took the baffle out of the Delkavic race can. Now its sounds as good as it looks.
Toxic Tom
Toxic Tom
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxic Tom Sun Aug 09 2009, 17:12

Now fitted carbon engine covers & a chain oiler. Its all coming together, heated grips next?
Toxic Tom
Toxic Tom
3Bronze
3Bronze

Back to top Go down