Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Safety Video News

2 posters

Go down

Road Safety Video News Empty Road Safety Video News

Post  0ldcat Thu Apr 16 2009, 11:03

Hi peeps,

Have a read of the story in This Link.

What are your views ? Both on the sisters desission and the "mad moment" that lead to the tragedy in the first place.

Over to you . . . .
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Road Safety Video News Empty Re: Road Safety Video News

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16 2009, 19:56

Great shame he lost his life obviously however all to often it's the 'innocent' party that gets injured when someone either makes an error of judgement or acts like a prat - it would appear on this occasion the person doing the deed also happened to be the one that came off worse. I'm sorry - but there are some things that should not be done on a public road with other people around - wheelies are one of them and if that makes me a bore - well i'm boring - seen far too many 'work' photos of accidents to think it's clever to pull stunts like that - one reason i stay away from willingham woods on bike meets ... and several of us saw the outcome of another of these incidents on the TOL rideout the other year.

A double tragedy for the girls who obviously want some good to come out of it and if it saves one life then that's something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Road Safety Video News Empty Re: Road Safety Video News

Post  robertcains Thu Apr 16 2009, 20:47

I remember this accident very well as its at one of our local bike meets. On the night in question there were two bikers killed at this meet but the other was caused by a drink driver ramming a bike at the island. Very sad day for biking indeed.
I had been at this venue the previous weekend with my lad on pillion & stayed just 5 mins before deciding it wasn't for me. Despite a large police presence the loons were out showing off & a fair few of the bikers were drinking beer which is something I personally dislike as bikes & ale are a serious hazard, time & a place etc.
I vowed never to return until things improved & as far as I know they have not which is a shame.

Local word has it that the guy literally flipped the bike & hit a car head on which caused his fatal injuries, these type of incidents give us a bad name & I feel sorry for the local civilians who are subjected to bikes tearing through blind bends exceeding triple figures.

Just my humble opinion Neutral
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down