Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news, indifferent news, great news !!!

3 posters

Go down

Good news, indifferent news, great news !!! Empty Good news, indifferent news, great news !!!

Post  Snowcat Sat Apr 14 2012, 18:38

Goods news my bike passed its MOT today, flying colours and no advisories. I've not set foot in the place where I had it done for 23 yrs since I went there as a fresh faced 16 yr old with my custom FS1SE Custom but the blokey only remembered the bike, because it was the only one he'd ever had there!! Upset me when he told me they're fetching about £6k these days. I swapped it for a cd player Steam Ears

Indifferent news is they confirmed my bike is indeed an import originally from Holland, (at least it gets to go home in June Smile

The great news is that even though there is a mph UK dial cover on the speedo the odeometer is in kilometres so the bike has done less mileage than I thought. It's actually not even covered 10,000 miles yet and I thought I'd bought it with 13500 on the clock. (well it did have that on the clock but in KM's Smile

Makes it even more of a bargain Very Happy

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Good news, indifferent news, great news !!! Empty Re: Good news, indifferent news, great news !!!

Post  Roll The Bones Sat Apr 14 2012, 19:20

Just look at FS1Es on Ebay. Crying or Very sad

Had a 1977 'R' FS1E DX in yellow/black, I would have no where to house it for the last 32 years! Prior to that was a 75 FS1E in purple. It was only 5-years-old but it was a bit knackered.

My brother (16 in 75) had a 'L' plate Yamaha SS (FS1E predecessor) in an orange/bronze colour.

We can remind each other of our bikes' impending MoTs now Snowcat. Smile
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Good news, indifferent news, great news !!! Empty Re: Good news, indifferent news, great news !!!

Post  Snowcat Sun Apr 15 2012, 19:49

Roll The Bones wrote:We can remind each other of our bikes' impending MoTs now Snowcat. Smile

Oh yeah haha nice one, there's a few MOT's published, maybe admin could set up a diary for us all Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 15 2012, 19:56

Snowcat wrote: maybe admin could set up a diary for us all Wink
lachen which part of sort yer own admin do you not get Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org