Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up??

+4
greencat
ScoldedCat
Mapman
Snowcat
8 posters

Go down

Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up?? Empty Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up??

Post  Snowcat Thu May 03 2012, 08:31

Well they say things come in three's so I can only assume I'm finished for this round of bad luck now. Started on Sunday, the weather was shocking with rain and high winds, you know end of the world stuff, I was sat in the house watching TV and bouncing messages back and forth with Tel about the merits of Facebook when there was an almighty crash at the side of the house, thought a car had crashed when I went outside to find my garden wall had come down in the strong winds

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Monday I was at work when I got a phone call off my very irate boss telling me to "get in the office and sort this f@cking parking ticket out, £425!!

Then in the afternoon after a 'meeting' with my boss I was just walking out of a customers when my wife phoned to tell me some tw#t had rear ended her at traffic lights. He admitted as he was approaching the junction his sat nav fell off the windscreen and he bent down to retrieve it taking his eyes off the road.. Great wife needs new rear bumper, bottom panel and the boot floor is creased!!! Plus she is now genuinely suffering with a sore neck and shoulder. Walk in clinic said she may have damaged upper spine and packed her off to A & E but 6 hours later they sent her home saying nothing wrong with her. She can barely move today due to the pain in her neck and shoulder so is going to her GP this morning for a 3rd opinion but she won't be able to go away this weekend.

Then last night I went to the local supermarket to get passport photos done, bought a scratch card to get change and won a fiver clink then when I sat down to get my photos done found a pound in the coin rejected slot..... I must be on the up Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up?? Empty Re: Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up??

Post  Mapman Thu May 03 2012, 10:52

Every clound and all that....

Hope your recent turn of form continues to bring you riches beyond your wildest dreams Very Happy
Mapman
Mapman
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 194
Hobbies : Cars/Bikes/Skiing/Golf/etc
Humour : Some
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up?? Empty Re: Is this the end of my bad luck? Or am I on the up??

Post  ScoldedCat Thu May 03 2012, 12:00

Buy a lottery ticket!

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck, fingers crossed things are on the up. left thumb up
ScoldedCat
ScoldedCat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 195
Humour : This parrot is dead!
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu May 03 2012, 12:13

ScoldedCat wrote:Buy a lottery ticket!
Yeah did that and I'm not normally a gambler, didn't even get a number :(
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu May 03 2012, 12:49

Or you could look at it this way.....

1. the wall fell on your neighbours garden not yours great ;
2. you've got to admire the brass neck shown by the parking enforcement company affraid ;
3. you don't have to go away for the weekend left thumb up OR you can go away for the weekend without the wife Thumb (am I being too optimistic?)
4. it's not long to BC4 thundercat :whoop:

On top of all that you've made six quid Very Happy , except you threw away one pound playing the lottery slap'ed (divet!)

So life's on the up then?
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu May 03 2012, 12:50

Let's hope so hey!

The neck will settle down, I had genuine whiplash 18 months ago and am still suffering!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu May 03 2012, 14:18

greencat wrote:Or you could look at it this way.....

1. the wall fell on your neighbours garden not yours great ;
No it was the way separating my front and back garden :(
2. you've got to admire the brass neck shown by the parking enforcement company affraid ;
Tools
3. you don't have to go away for the weekend left thumb up OR you can go away for the weekend without the wife Thumb (am I being too optimistic?)
I'm away on my own anyway at Into The Valley, it's just stopping her going
4. it's not long to BC4 thundercat :whoop:
AGREED Wink

On top of all that you've made six quid Very Happy , except you threw away one pound playing the lottery slap'ed (divet!)

So life's on the up then?
[b]
I'll go with that Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03 2012, 16:34

for her neck! put a claim in.
they can't prove any thing like saying there's nothing wrong with her neck
its her neck and she know what hurt and what doesn't.
how many times have hospitals made mistakes and folks ended up seriously ill or???
as for the wall those pillars are useless with out a steel support in between.
I'd use those concrete pillars for fencing,and build your bricks around it. won't fall over that's for sure.that you can claim off your house insurance.

as for parking ticket tell them you'll see them in court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu May 03 2012, 16:57

I agree if there's a genuine problem then claim, I'm sure noone would advocate claiming if there's not a problem. It might settle down and not cause any problems at all.

Whiplash claims cost us all £90 a year more for our insurance policies.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu May 03 2012, 17:26

Apparently in the UK there are 2.7 whiplash claims per car accident.

If it were me I'd ban all 'No win no fee' advertising, as they hac in Australia and make it that if someone does genuinely have cause to claim for this type of injury they PAY all the costs and claim them back IF their claim successful. Bet that'd stop a lot of bogus claiming.

I also think that insurance companies should stop targetting innocent people when looking at premiums. If claims are making insurance more expensive why are they not putting their premiums up by 50, 100, 200%. Surely this would make them more careful drivers or run them Off the road. Leave my premiums alone.

Incidentally if an insurance claim was due to theft where all steps were taken to keep the vehicle secure I wouldn't penalise them with increased premiums, just the serial prangers!!

I would also argue that people who claim for "suspicious" whiplash, trip fall, accident at work type incidents should be made aware that their future insurability will decrease as they will no doubt be less mobile as a result of their debilitating accident.

It's also laughable but the insurer of the driver who hit her phoned her last night to ask if she intended to make a personal injury claim as theyd like to recommend a solicitor to act on her behalf. The industry has gone mental.

I, and to be honest my wife would never put a claim in for something like this unless it was serious enough to reduce quality of life!!

It's a joke that decent honest people pay for with our premiums every year :(

Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Thu May 03 2012, 17:39

Snowcat wrote:

It's also laughable but the insurer of the driver who hit her phoned her last night to ask if she intended to make a personal injury claim as theyd like to recommend a solicitor to act on her behalf. The industry has gone mental.

How bleedin stupid are some people! you obviously havent as you and your wife are clearly very intelligent, but why on earth would you accept a solicitor from the party that you are trying to claim against!
the insurance companies are the real crooks, and surely offering the party that are going to claim against you a solicitor which obviously isnt going to get what you should has to be some form of fraud or something
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu May 03 2012, 18:22

whip lass oh my what do you & nick get up to ellie
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Thu May 03 2012, 18:32

cards wrote:whip lass oh my what do you & nick get up to ellie

None of that Pete thats for certain [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu May 03 2012, 18:36

When I had whiplash I had no intention of claiming but the chaps insurance company that hit me phoned me and offered me money.

whip lass oh my what do you & nick get up to ellie

Wouldnt you like to know! I just like to keep a smile on Nicks face green smile
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu May 03 2012, 20:34

ellie wrote:Wouldnt you like to know! I just like to keep a smile on Nicks face green smile

I think you'll find a broom handle wedged in sideways will do the trick!
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu May 03 2012, 22:06

It'd definitely fit! rofl
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down