Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics!

3 posters

Go down

Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics! Empty Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics!

Post  Radar Sun Mar 15 2009, 23:22

After the somewhat muddy ride-out last week it was great to have such a perfect riding day. Katana came up on his recently acquired Fireblade and Thumper selected his Ducati 750S for the proceedings today, his garage is more like a wine cellar. He wonders in there and thinks 'sunshine and twisty roads today, ahh that 2002 Ducati will suit perfrectly'. The joys of owning a varied selection of machines!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kat on his Blade, nice...

Thumper on his Duke

We were all on limited pass-outs so a quick 50 mile loop was all we could manage, A456 towards far Forest, onto the twisting A4117 through Cleobury Mortimer and onto Clee Hill. In the sunshine the view up there was breathtaking so a halt for a cuppa was in order.
Loads of bikes were out and there was a good selection here, friendly lot too

Varied line up at the top of Clee Hill

Kat and Thumper enjoying a cuppa overlooking Clee Hill

Katana was enjoying his first real outing on his Blade and his first taste of sports-bikes. So far he is resisting the urge to Fighter it...

The B46364, a tight, bumpy twisting sinew of tarmc between Ludlow and the outskirts of Bridgnorth is a challenging piece of road and the T cat was bobbing and weaving about it as I tried to push on. Thumper loves this road and was right in my wheel tracks on the Duke. Kat was easing himself into the Blade and was observing our hooligan behaviour at a safe distance and stroking the Honda along nicely. Wise man. This really is a fabulous road but if you don't feel like huming along the views surrounding it are beautiful; you really are in old England here.

We turned back to Kiddy on the A458 as usual and stopped at the cafe in Quat. It was full to bursting point, I have NEVER seen so many bikes there. It was busier than mid summer. Brilliant to see so many out. there was a rally going on nearby and I think this boosted numbers a bit. It was good to see a sprinkling of rat bikes amogst the rows of gleaming factory bikes. I was pleased to see a VT250, a TZR250 and a LC with a YPVS motor. I have a soft spot for small 1980's bikes, they are such fun to ride. The real highlight in the sea of bikes was Ford car engined Trike called 'The Godfather'. Brilliant custom paintwork and tailgunner end cans. Love it!

The cafe full to bursting point - in mid March!

Well engineered LC special with a YPVS lump fitted

The Godfather...

Check out the tail gunner end cans and violin cases!!

Great paintwork too...

Butties and tea was consumed and Kat kindly let me a have ride of the Blade back to Kiddy. Very impressive bike. Suffice-it to say this was the first Blade I have ridden and the hype seems well justified!

Thumper turned for home and Kat headed back to Evesham too. Cracking mornings riding! Cheers lads!

As a bonus a couple of lads from here rocked up once I was home, so my baby got to meet its twin...

The red, white and black ones are faster!

If the rest of 2009 is this good we are on for a cracker!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics! Empty Re: Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics!

Post  robertcains Mon Mar 16 2009, 06:27

Sounds like you had a cracking rideout mate, Personally I found the amount of bikes on the roads a little bit of a pain, As usual some were riding like idiots & others pootling at 50mph holding up streams of traffic in thier wake. I'm just hoping that casualty levels weren't high yesterday on the first day of the 'fair weather riders season'
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics! Empty Re: Perfect day for riding! 150309. Here comes summer!! Pics!

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 16 2009, 21:11

yep shed loads of bikes out yesterday out in the peaks nice big breakfast
i never seem to remember to take my camera of the camcorder most do next time
that reminds me ive got last years tol on cam corder lol great fun was had by all
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down