Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen??

+7
ScoldedCat
Snowcat
kwakkat
MrNutt
HEHORE
0ldcat
Dean-J
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen?? Empty Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen??

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 22:52

Well i'll tell you what can happen.

Mr Mechanic Drops said bikes fuel tank which then rolls along his concrete floor causing numerous dents and scratches to the tank and filler. - Owns up to this and reckons he'll have it smart repaired (no chance, will need repairing, repainting and new decals)

Also manages to gouge a chunk of paint off frame, Scratch and chip the rear fairing where it meets the seat, rub the corners of seat on something damaging the fabric more than it already was, and scratch and chip the seat cowl too ( How the feck he did this i dont know!)

Then, Mr mechanic has the cheek to get arsey with me, saying that im taking the mick out of his "goodwill" by telling me about the damage! Yeah, because i wouldnt have noticed all the dents and scrapes all over my previously mint tank now would i!

Then further insults me saying well it is "JUST" an 8 year old bike!

Then smirks as he says all the extra damage wasnt him and he'll only fix the tank. Managed to get him to agree to the seat cowl as well after some serious assertiveness ( bordering on aggressive if im honest Laughing) but still have the frame to sort and the rear fairing.

Not impressed at all! However on the plus side,My carbs are now better than ever, and he reckons my cush drive rubbers are worn and thats whats causing the judderyness under 3krpm. Another thing for the list!

will upload pics tomorrow when i get chance, as i have a way early start tomo and need my sleep!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen?? Empty Re: Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen??

Post  0ldcat Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:04

JHC affraid DON'T let him near yer cush drive . . . God knows what'll happen pale

You'll go back to the workshop and he'll have swapped yer bike for some magic beans Suspect

To be honest the only reason I'd be going back there would be with my lawers number & a small claims summons !
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen?? Empty Re: Drop bike off for a carb tune up..... whats the worst that can happen??

Post  HEHORE Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:05

[justify]( i told you i would say this ),I told you not to go to said garage on monday! sorry had to put it on here to :(
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:07

Haha no worries steve. yes ya did, but Mystic friggin Meg couldnt have predicted what he would get up to from a simple carb tune up! Laughing

OC - Ill be taking the bike directly to the bodyshop to be repaired, and wont be taking it back until its perfect again. If he p****s me about, i will indeed be instructing solicitors! Not backing down from this one!

He has hurt my baby and he WILL pay!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:10

i must say i saw the bike before and after , and i feel really sorry for you , its quite abit of damage, i was shocked and confused as to how he could do soo much damage whilst doing such a simple job
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:24

mr mechanic ahould be paying for and or fixing the whole lot, if you have photographic evidence of ebfore and after, ie before it went in, pref with a date tag on the photo and the ones you took after if he pisses about then you have pretty solid evidence for a solicter to beat his ass to hell and back, surely he has insurance he can claim on if necessary??

I wouldn't take any BS off him, as you say he's damaged your baby your pride and joy, if he has damaged it he should have to pay for the repairs to that damage, if he causes problems i know that mcn and a few of the bike mags have a legal type drop in thingy via email to a set of solicters that deal specifically with bike claims, might be worth a look see, to get some more info and insight into your legal stand points on the matter.

hope you get it all sorted soon and pain free! Crying or Very sad
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:36

that is appalling - moral of this story - listen to Hehore!! All joking aside that is absolutely disgusting - i would insist he pay and if he won't take him to Small Claims Court - you can do it online - i'd be inclined to report him to Trading Standards too.

8 year old bike my *rse - how dare he! When the plod insurer told my mechanic 'come on mate the bike's 13 years old don't you think she's laying it on a bit thick' with my claim he pointed out that i wasn't laying it on thick enough as before they had impaled their ford focus on it it was a 13 year old bike that had no cracks in the place they now had them and i got me money.

He wants putting out of business.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Wed Feb 29 2012, 18:53

1 pay by cheque then cancel said cheque
2 get estimate,s for repair to damage
3 deduct said repairs bill from his payment
4 tell him to go forth & mutliply
5 cross of christmas list
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Wed Feb 29 2012, 19:10

cards wrote:1 pay by cheque then cancel said cheque
2 get estimate,s for repair to damage
3 deduct said repairs bill from his payment
4 tell him to go forth & mutliply
5 cross of christmas list
Only problem there is the damage is going to cost a hell of a lot more than the work he done .
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 19:14

I'd be feeding the pigs with his nads that for sure!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Wed Feb 29 2012, 19:23

pics

Tank:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Seat cowl:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is more that i didnt get pics of, but thats the most noticeable bits.

Been on the phone to him today and its all arranged to be sorted. going to take it to the paintshop myself on monday, as i dont trust them to get my bike there without causing more damage to it!

if it isnt up to my standards, by which i mean totally 100% MINT again, then i will be instructing solicitors and going through his public liability insurance.
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Feb 29 2012, 20:11

That's shocking, the guy wants his hands chopping off and shoving up his a&se!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 20:16

FFS was he trying to lever stuff off with a crowbar?? Please tell me that you haven't yet paid for any work - if you have and it was using anything other than cash then cancel it now
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:04

It was a carb balance, and i paid for it cash. Didnt see the point in witholding the money as he had offered to have it sorted. This was however prior to my noticing the rest of the damage!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ScoldedCat Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:25

That's just sickening how little care they've taken over working on your bike.

You've just reinforced my dislike of having to trust garages for the few tasks that I can't do myself on the car and bike! Fingers crossed they do a good job at the bodyshop and don't be fobbed off with cheap reproduction decals as there's a greater chance of them fading or peeling in the future.

ScoldedCat
ScoldedCat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 195
Humour : This parrot is dead!
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Mar 02 2012, 08:05

I've done a bit of digging and The bodyshop he is sending me to is actually very very good. They reproduce decals in shop, but will lay them on the tank PRIOR to lacquering so the decals will be very permanently on there and hopefully well protected ( i polish and wax my bike every weekend anyway so max protection)

Have seen examples of their work, and i have to say im very impressed. Its just a question of making sure my bike recieves the same attention to detail as the ones i've seen!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Mar 02 2012, 18:02

Right then, Some success today, Popped the bike up to see the painter, took a look at some of his work ( blinding quality!) and had a good chat about what the best course of action would be and what i expect.

He is going to completely strip the tank and cowl, repaint, new decals, and then apply 7 coats of lacquer over the top to give a glass smooth finish instead of the bumpy factory lacquered graphics. Happy man indeed Smile

This does however mean the tank and cowl are going to be Far better finished than the rest of the bike (even though its pretty damn clean), so he is going to get extra paint in, and keep some for me for next month to repaint the rest of the fairings for a very good price.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri Mar 02 2012, 18:10

glad to hear everything looks like its going to be sorted out for you Thumb
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Mar 02 2012, 18:42

Every cloud great ..... Let's hope so!
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Mar 02 2012, 19:09

If he pulls off a finish like the three bikes he was doing today ( and he's guaranteed me he will) then i will be a happy happy man indeed, especially next month when i get the rest of the bike re done!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Mar 02 2012, 19:56

Glad to hear things are getting put right, but what a nightmare!
Do post up some pics once all is done. Sounds like it will be quite something to see. Very Happy great

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Mar 02 2012, 20:44

Glad everything is getting sorted for you mate!

just out of curiosity how much is the additional respray job?

would consider a respray myself ponder
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Mar 02 2012, 23:28

Sub £200 bud, thats all fairings, front muddy and rear hugger
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Fri Mar 02 2012, 23:29

thats not a bad price , which shop is it ?
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Mar 02 2012, 23:37

Not going to name them just yet, just in case they make major F**k ups and im not happy!

but thats obviously not including the tank or cowl.
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next