Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

+5
robertcains
Yorkshire_Thundercat
kwakkat
ellie
Deso
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) - Page 2 Empty Getting to Bishops Castle

Post  Deso Thu Mar 05 2009, 17:38

First topic message reminder :

(Admin Note:) This travel to Bishops Castle thread has been split away from the event sign up list so it doesn't clog up that thread with hook ups meets and travel arrangements to the main event.

ellie wrote:
Ellie ...yeah we're from lincs, I'm sure we can sort something out?? OMG,never ridden so far!!! Laughing

I did the trip to Robertcains last year and went Derbyshire way, then tried to miss out the M6 (I think) but hit a load of roundabouts and almost got lost for a while. Lol.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

Post  ellie Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:37

My House or Total garage on Boston Road? I'll send you my mobile number if you want. Very Happy

ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

Post  kwakkat Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:41

will sort out the meeting place near the date best laid plans of mice & men
& all that
as there might be more peeps joining the planned event
so might have to move the meeting place to accommodate others
but it might run on the lines of pick up some peeps on route then have a meet for breakfast may be our house fred could cook but i,l ask & that leaves me free to pick up peeps at various other places & bring them here
or find a well known place like matlock have breakie have a bimble about on the way
any other ideas most welcome
pete ie lyt naughty
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:54

i use the A153 on my way to skeggie we could seeing there,s plenty of time still to go to the meeting we could have a little meet up & ride out on 1 sunday that give us 10 sundays to pick from well 9 as i will be a donno the sunday before bsb
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:59

Cool,No Probs, go to SkeggieVegas loads anyway, going to ACE Saturday,Skegness Sunday this week probly. Very Happy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17 2009, 21:15

If you think I'm travelling from Devon via Lincs to get to Bishops Castle then you are sadly mistaken. Wink

Anyone else travelling up from the South West?

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Deso Tue Mar 17 2009, 22:39

ellie wrote:My House or Total garage on Boston Road? I'll send you my mobile number if you want. Very Happy

You can send me your mobile no probs. Is the Total garage on the right as you out towards Boston on A153?
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18 2009, 15:20

yeah - only garage on boston road coming out of horncastle mate - opposite mortons just on the outskirts
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Wed Mar 18 2009, 16:42

We might be better to meet at Holdingham ? From Sutterton we could nearly be at Newark in the time it takes to get to Horncastle ?
not that I don't love revesby bends but I've been working there for 10 Days ( they're not as much fun in a Diesel Mondeo)
I'm easy where we meet & no worries about extra miles but if we're aiming for a fairly early meet at mansfield :rite:
realy depend how many times you plan to get lost slap'ed

PS: Hands of my pies
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Mar 18 2009, 16:46

We might be better to meet at Holdingham ? From Sutterton we could nearly be at Newark in the time it takes to get to Horncastle ?

Me and Deso will meet at Horncastle, then meet you lot at Holdingham I think.......... Very Happy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Wed Mar 18 2009, 21:22

depends on the weather if we go skeggie bit to cold for a long ride
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 23 2009, 17:25

well im now the proud owner of a tom tom rider satnav
so hopefully getting lost is not a problem scratch narrow winding lanes dead ends apart lol!
just waiting for it to arrive & set it up on the bike
pete
ps suzie the answers NO lol!
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Tue May 26 2009, 13:12

cards wrote:the route i might be taking is
A38 to lichfield pick up the A5148 to the A5
A5 to shewbury pick up the A488 to bishops castle which i think is on the B4385
unless some one as other ideas
anyone wanting to start from here can stay here thursday night or join me here on friday morning .The A38 is 1 junction up from me at J28 M1 where there is a layby
or i can join you some where so we can all get lost in a group lol
pete

Hi, What time are we aiming to meet in the layby friday Am ?
I can then work back roughly what time I need to be at Holdingham & when I should leave home (assuming thats still the plan)
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 26 2009, 15:56

bignige wrote:
cards wrote:the route i might be taking is
A38 to lichfield pick up the A5148 to the A5
A5 to shewbury pick up the A488 to bishops castle which i think is on the B4385
unless some one as other ideas
anyone wanting to start from here can stay here thursday night or join me here on friday morning .The A38 is 1 junction up from me at J28 M1 where there is a layby
or i can join you some where so we can all get lost in a group lol
pete

Hi, What time are we aiming to meet in the layby friday Am ?
I can then work back roughly what time I need to be at Holdingham & when I should leave home (assuming thats still the plan)
Think you'll find it's the A488 that runs down into BC Pete. (Or are you showing off the SatNav back street location of BC tongue )

Nige, if you're coming down the A617 into Mansfield and picking up the A38 at that point heading towards J28 of M1 where the layby is (on the Derby side of the A38) you'll be passing my location about 2 miles ish before reaching said pit stopping point.
So Pete, what time DO you expect to be at layby ? The Lincs peeps could pop in for a swift coffee en-route if time allows.

ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS to go .. .. .. deal
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue May 26 2009, 19:47

tel i was hoping to have a chat tomorrow night about this if we meet up at the layby then i,l bring them to your house for a cupa see how things go tomorrow night & im off all this week so i came pop down to your house & have a chat or just call you to make final plans
say thursday
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Tue May 26 2009, 22:36

Cheers Tel sounds great, coffee white one sugar would do nicely, If we meet Ellie at Holdinham & left about 9.30 ish we should be with you in roughly an hour - how does that sound ??

3 sleeps - just to excited to sleep pinkelly
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue May 26 2009, 22:37

Well according to the local papers the forecast is looking excellent so far guys & I'm looking forward to hooking up with you on Friday to cruise the last 35/40 miles into BC.
Let me know whatever your plans are & I'll fit in around you great
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 26 2009, 22:48

bignige wrote:Cheers Tel sounds great, coffee white one sugar would do nicely, If we meet Ellie at Holdinham & left about 9.30 ish we should be with you in roughly an hour - how does that sound ??

3 sleeps - just to excited to sleep pinkelly
See other thread for ChatBox chat tomorrow @ 8pm ..... no kissball excuses What a Face
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 29 2009, 06:08

GoooooooooooD Morning Bishops Castle :o

It's Oh six hundred hours .. .. .. .. .. .. what does the Oh stand for ? .......... Oh my god it's early Laughing

Have a safe and pleasant journey ~ up - down or across to the BC meeting. Very Happy See you all later great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Fri May 29 2009, 07:20

Morning Tel, bit of a Robin Williams quote there if I'm not mistaked.
Oh and good morning to you also, but you are correct it is still very early but a gorgeous day. be seeing you 10.15 ish clappy
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 29 2009, 07:23

deal No more sleeps :whoop: See you soon. Ride Safe
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri May 29 2009, 08:22

Hee hee,

You two are sooooooo excited!
46 & 48 - are you sure that shouldn't be 6 & 8?!

Have a great time. Weather's ruddy fantastic here!

Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Fri May 29 2009, 08:44

Blazing sunshine here - looking forward to a great ride up and a fantastic weekend! Just chillin' before starting to get ready - not sure how much longer I can wait before getting going though!

"The sun always shines..... on BC"
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri May 29 2009, 09:05

Ride safely please guys, See you all later Laughing
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 29 2009, 09:11

It was lovely sunshine here first thing but the high cloud has arrived now. Mad The sun will burn through it soon though.

Just about to go get the bike and set off. Yahoo, gonna be a good one.

Ride safe all.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri May 29 2009, 09:13

sunny Sun sunny blazing away here too (Sun Queen with us in spirit if not person), just waiting for Pete & Fred to tip up then it's out to pick up Nige , The Landlord (Pint for the fella, glass of white wine or fruit juice for the lady) and Ellie.

Swift coffee at 0cHQ, and we're away. Very Happy :whoop:
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2