Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

+5
robertcains
Yorkshire_Thundercat
kwakkat
ellie
Deso
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) Empty Getting to Bishops Castle

Post  Deso Thu Mar 05 2009, 17:38

(Admin Note:) This travel to Bishops Castle thread has been split away from the event sign up list so it doesn't clog up that thread with hook ups meets and travel arrangements to the main event.

ellie wrote:
Ellie ...yeah we're from lincs, I'm sure we can sort something out?? OMG,never ridden so far!!! Laughing

I did the trip to Robertcains last year and went Derbyshire way, then tried to miss out the M6 (I think) but hit a load of roundabouts and almost got lost for a while. Lol.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) Empty Re: Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

Post  ellie Thu Mar 05 2009, 17:47

Dont worry, I'll be following you!!!!

I'll warn you now, I'm directionally challenged!! Very Happy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1) Empty Re: Getting to Bishops Castle (Lincs to Bishops Castle 1)

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05 2009, 20:54

I'll be following Nige the Pie man - depending what time he's leaving! 4 of us may as well go down together Embarassed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Mar 05 2009, 20:57

any one picked there b&B yet if we clan together in one be a riot
quite like the magnolia b&b
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05 2009, 21:49

will we all fit in one! Magnolia sounds nice and genteel is there a bar Laughing

sorry tel just seen we're meant to do all that on the other thread (S'ok I'll move it . . . . Again Wink )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Thu Mar 05 2009, 22:32

Crossing form East to West and to avoid motorways you could try the A5 from the South, all the way to Shrewsbury. From further North the A38 joins the A5 south of Lichfield.
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 09 2009, 21:31

the route i might be taking is
A38 to lichfield pick up the A5148 to the A5
A5 to shewbury pick up the A488 to bishops castle which i think is on the B4385
unless some one as other ideas
anyone wanting to start from here can stay here thursday night or join me here on friday morning .The A38 is 1 junction up from me at J28 M1 where there is a layby
or i can join you some where so we can all get lost in a group lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09 2009, 21:41

i'll prob get lost before i get to you :o
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 09 2009, 21:43

Its alright Suze, I'll be right behind you, where you go, I go!! Laughing
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 09 2009, 22:01

go to newark pick up the A617 to mansfield then follow the signs for the M1 join & head south to j 27 leave M1 there take the 1st left at the round about & wait at the lay by just down the road & call me i,l come to you
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09 2009, 22:09

that sounds easy enough Laughing i'll check i've got the right mobiley nr for you nearer the time - you'll just have to give me time to write down general directions after that and then stop every 80 miles to wait for me to catch you up (unless ellie manages to push me along a bit or we're going in a straight line) lol - will give b&b a ring tomorrow and book up
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Mar 09 2009, 23:07

Would a hook up on the M54 or old A5 depending on your route help for me to guide you guys into Shropshire? I could take the day off work. Deso knows his way in as far as Pontesbury on the A488 which is about 8 miles from BC.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon Mar 09 2009, 23:15

You know I'm so jealous of you lot.... the roads down there are great (I was in Montgomery this weekend) just watch the A5 at Telford it gets a bit messy so you may have to get on the M54 for the last few miles before it switches back to the A5. Whilst Typin this I see Nick has offered his help - I was going to say "if you ask nicely I'm sure he would"
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Mar 10 2009, 20:25

yes that would be a great help
will have to find a place to hook up some where easy lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Mar 10 2009, 23:00

M54 services, J4
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 15 2009, 02:25

right as soon as ive sorted things out with the rest
will make final arrangements near the date
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15 2009, 17:44

Yeah just make sure you give me plenty of time to get to you Pete - i'll be ok to mansfield it'll be after that you'll have to give me time to get lost, communicate to ellie that i've got lost, find my way again, communicate to ellie that we were right in the first place and THEN get to you haha - unless of course Nigel is with us in which case we'll follow him and nick his pies from him when we get to you in punishment for holding us up Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Mon Mar 16 2009, 19:39

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:I'll be following Nige the Pie man - depending what time he's leaving! 4 of us may as well go down together Embarassed

Sounds like a plan I've the day off so whatever time's fine with me. If we allow 1.5 hrs from yours should be plenty of time for petrol (& a pie) just before we meet up,
wouldn't want to run out of fuel would we whistle
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 16 2009, 21:16

thats fine with me i can wait all day you know
ive been shopping with fred lol 9 hours 1 pair of shoes
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17 2009, 19:00

cards wrote:
ive been shopping with fred lol 9 hours 1 pair of shoes
pete

Oh Pete you really should be more decisive you know!!!!!
May as well meet up either at mine then Nige or usual meeting place - Ellie can either come over here or we can get her at Holdingham or something - know Deso is RCs mate so whether or not he'll be making his own way or wants to meet up with us we can sort nearer the time along with what time to meet up - maybe fit in tea stop (i was congratulated on making it out of lincolnshire on sunday without having to stop for a cuppa - it was only southwell and not through choice!), pie stop then have brekkie when we meet pete and fred and hopefully still have time for another tea/lunch stop before we get there. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Mar 17 2009, 19:07

I can meet you at Holdingham,or wherever, thats no problem, I'm easy me!!!!
Laughing
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Deso Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:24

I'll come down with you guys if that's o.k.

I've just looked on the map for Holdingham. I'll come down the A153 on the day. If someone could meet me at Leasingham or let me know somewhere I can recongnise, that would be good.

What time will you be setting off?
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:28

If your journey takes you through Horncastle, I'll meet you here, I'll go Coningsby way to Holdingham if thats any help.
Very Happy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Deso Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:31

Spot on Ellie!!

At the main lights?
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Mar 17 2009, 20:37

My House or Total garage on Boston Road? I'll send you my mobile number if you want. Very Happy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next