Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts

+4
ellie
firemaster
Rosco
SteveCat
8 posters

Go down

How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts Empty How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts

Post  SteveCat Wed Nov 02 2011, 09:42

The Carole Nash Theft Survey - 2011 might be of interest.

I'm pleased to see my postcode area has dropped from joint 14th last year to 18th place, however the worst area SW is only 3 miles from me and Sutton at 9th (up from 51 Shocked ) is 5 odd miles away.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts Empty Re: How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts

Post  Rosco Wed Nov 02 2011, 10:11

Nearly made the last page at =92 (ML - Motherwell postcode)

Does the Thundercat come into the (4.) Supersports - It says it on it!!, (5.) Sports or (8.) Tourer category?

Last edited by Rosco on Wed Nov 02 2011, 12:49; edited 2 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts Empty Re: How does your Postcode rate for bike thefts

Post  firemaster Wed Nov 02 2011, 12:30

bath closest for me 108
got to be sports isnt it
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : I.T/Retained FireFighter
Humour : Dont make i laff
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Nov 02 2011, 13:52

I suppose my nearest is Sheffield, and its =49th. My insurance rose considerably when I moved from Horncastle. Similarly when Nick moved from Shrewsbury, his went up also.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Wed Nov 02 2011, 14:29

Confused.com.... I moved from EH (13th) to KA (75th=).... and my insurance went up.... WTF???!! I think they just make it up as they go along tbh..... hence why I flit from Insurance company to Insurance company... to get the best deal...... it's not worth being loyal!

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02 2011, 18:14

Wild-Kat-Wolf wrote: hence why I flit from Insurance company to Insurance company... to get the best deal...... it's not worth being loyal!

Fi girl_witch

I'm at nr 89 although that's because i'm a PE postcode which is Peterborough the next county along and 40 mins drive away from me :(

you're right Fi my car insurance renewal came in at £340 quid fully comp - i rang them and when they answered i said 'your insurance quote is too high - i'm not paying that whats the best you can do' they dropped it to £216!!!! (I stuck with them because everywhere else i then rang said they couldn't match it) - when i looked at my original insurance renewal letter the bottom paragraph said something about constantly updating their products and possibly being able to give a lower quote - well if they felt the need to tell me that why didn't they just do it in the first place wall

On the subject of car insurance tho - talking to Jax the other day (and having heard the arguments on the front desks at work with people over the counter!) one thing to watch is if you drive another car other than your own eg a night out with your mate and they drink and you drive their car. It used to be the rule rather than the exception that if you were fully comp you automatically had on your insurance third party cover to drive someone else's vehicle other than your own with their permission. A lot of the insurance companies have now taken this off so it's worth checking your policy because if its not written on your policy document then unless you are named driver on their insurance you're not insured to drive - hence if you get stopped in a car now and it's not in your name they'll do an insurance check. (I was quite surprised it is included on mine!) Oh and the other thing they've started being sneaky on is work use - if you drive to more than one place of work (ie you work at one site one day and then you need to work from another site the next) you need SDP & Business on your policy otherwise you are not covered if you have an accident as SDP only includes commuting to one place of work! Tricky barstewards!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  londonchris Wed Nov 02 2011, 20:32

I will not tell you about living in North London!
londonchris
londonchris
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Sat Nov 05 2011, 22:45

It would have been useful to see the actual figures for number of thefts, rather than just the position, as I suspect that the odd one or two can make a big difference, particularly in the bottom half of the table.

The insurance cos. also think there can be significant differences between full postcodes. A few years ago my son was living in Exeter, and parking his car in the street. He moved just round the corner, and though he was parking in exactly the same place his premium went up because his postcode had changed by one letter. Funny how they always go up, never down.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Sun Nov 06 2011, 21:42

Oh goody......

"Bikers in Huddersfield replaced those in neighbouring Halifax as suffering the worst theft rate outside of London"

Guess who has a HD post code. Not looking forward to renewal time..... grumpy
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down