Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for?

3 posters

Go down

Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for? Empty Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for?

Post  tcatcarson Fri Feb 20 2009, 18:18

Hi - I'm accompanying a friend tomorrow to look at / buy one of these. Anyone know anything about scooters, or these in particular that I should keep an eye out for? Apart from the usual wear and tear, electrics and engine noises, anything specific? It's only £600 so I'm not expecting to much...

Cheers,
Lee
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for? Empty Re: Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for?

Post  DaveWillo Mon Feb 23 2009, 15:45

I don't know about the ET4 but I have a Vespa PX125 (+ a T-cat) and I love it. They're great fun to ride and easy and cheap to maintain.
Mine's 4 years old now and with the aid of a Haynes manual I've done all the services and maintenance myself.
You even get a spare wheel and tyres are £20 each and you can change them yourself because the rims split in half.
I've done a quick trawl of the Vespa forums and can't see any particular problems with the ET4 and it seems to have good reviews.
You just have to convince yourself that the people staring and pointing are doing so in admiration! :whoop:
DaveWillo
DaveWillo
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 45
Hobbies : I work for the queen - ahem
Humour : pretty sick!
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for? Empty Re: Vespa et4 125cc - what to look for?

Post  tcatcarson Mon Feb 23 2009, 17:38

Thanks for the reply, it turned out that the picture in the advert was of the scooter when it was new...not the droppee, scuffed, cracked thing we actually went to look at! Oh well, live and learn...
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Mon Feb 23 2009, 21:00

If you like scooters go to Scarborough during the Easter Bank Holiday - Its FULL of them (100's) you have to admire them when they do the run up the sea front, even if you can't see the second half of the parade 'cos of the blue smoke. Plus there's always atleast 1 or 2 broken down on the A64 on the way home.............
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down