Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touring

+6
robertcains
Wild-Kat-Wolf
SteveCat
Schnorbitz
tcatcarson
ellie
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Touring - Page 2 Empty Touring

Post  ellie Wed Jan 28 2009, 13:51

First topic message reminder :

Hi,
Can anyone give me any good ideas on where to go touring on my 'Cat this summer???Its the first time I've been and don't want to be too adventurous for my 'first time'.
Also whats everyones favourite tyre for the Thundercat???

Cheers Ellie xxxxxxx Smile
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Touring - Page 2 Empty Re: Touring

Post  ellie Tue Feb 17 2009, 19:54

Cheers for all the 'colourful' suggestions....
I'm hoping to get out on a ride one of these days, Taste of Lincolnshire maybe...????
Scotland a bit far as I have a 10 yr old pillion and she gets a bit bored (and falls asleep!), ......but we'll see.......

Still can't make my mind up about the colour scheme........(I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure)....... scratch

ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Deso Tue Feb 17 2009, 20:19

How about nipping over to Ireland for a few days?

I went over last year for the Bush Road Races with a mate that hails from there originally. He lives in Market Rasen now. The east coast road from Port Rush is fantastic.

Also if you don't fancy N. Ireland you could try Southern. Ferry over to Dublin and stay around Co. Wicklow area. Some fantastic roads around that area. I've not done them on a bike, but used to work over there for 6 months. Very freindly people and wondeful scenery.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 17 2009, 23:43

ellie wrote:Taste of Lincolnshire maybe...????
Scotland a bit far as I have a 10 yr old pillion !),

Ooer - we'll all have to be on our best behaviour then Neutral
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 18 2009, 00:08

We had a member on our old MSN site from N Ireland and I kept asking him to organise a rideout there but he never managed it.

He posted as much as Ezzy's Mum and Ellie put together and would often answer his own questions before anyone else got a chance. Laughing
ThunderatedDavy I think was his Sitename on MSN. Always had something to say and he kept us up to date with his international love life too.
I bought some spare levers from him and touch wood will be able to sell them without ever having to use them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we have any Irish members on here yet......Are you there Davy?

I've only been to NI once for a day through work and had to drive from Belfast to Londonderry and back upgrading comms equipment at 3 sites for an insurance company.

I've run out of Brownie points for this year but if Deso or anyone else fancies organising one for Ireland, NI or both next year then I'd love to do that.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2