Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ezzy's back ...... and so am i

+2
weasley
SteveCat
6 posters

Go down

shock Ezzy's back ...... and so am i

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 10:54

Well, after 5 months Ezmeralda is finally back in her own garage having been picked up Saturday - no the police car didn't do THAT much damage to her but i told them not to hurry and then their insurers were arguing over a Ventura rack of all things because Rentac had inadvertantly been put down by mistake! AND i've got my computer back so no more relying on an ipod and a dodgy router!

Also had the brake hoses done as i had the originals on Shocked and, as i'm sure those of you that have heard it will be pleased to hear.. they've altered the settings on the alarm so she doesn't shriek at every opportunity. They then serviced her, polished her to within an inch of her life and MOT'd her and she was good to go - next job will be new chain and sprockets later in the year but she's apparently ok at the moment.

Not sure whether they've done something else to her or its just that i'm not used to riding her but i could NOT get the gears to go up one at a time - think it was probably just my clumsy big left foot knocking it up too hard. May even get a track day done finally this year as one of the guys has said i can borrow his SV track bike if i'm worried about dropping mine on it ........ hmmm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

shock Re: Ezzy's back ...... and so am i

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 21 2011, 11:51

Hi, welcome back both of you.

Might be worth checking the chain tension, could be the cause of your gear problems. Did you get your Scottoiler fixed at the same time?

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:17

You shouldn't be able to go up more than one at a time with a single prod, no matter how club-footed. Worth checking.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 18:30

chain's fine - i think it's operator error but i'll see how it goes at the weekend assuming weather good enough to get out on her.

No Steve i didn't bother - i'm dithering about whether to bother or just keep on with the chain lube
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon Mar 21 2011, 20:03

Good news Suzie.

I'm glad Ezzys all back together and you can get out and about again. Very Happy

Me and Les was at Seaways on Sunday, I might see if she will join me on a jaunt south of the river in the near future.

It will be good to see you both. great
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Mar 21 2011, 21:50

Welcome back!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Tue Mar 22 2011, 21:00

Hurrah..... all is well with the world again, Ezzy is back home... and Suzie is back great

Nice to hear she's been pampered senseless Suzie, bring on the good weather.... it must be about time for me to go a long ride for a coffee and bacon butty loony

Hope to catch up with you real soon clappy

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 22 2011, 21:16

Hi Suzi and welcome back to you both.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2