Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up the back

4 posters

Go down

suprise Up the back

Post  mdrb1979 Mon Oct 10 2011, 14:22

Hi all

just wanted to know what general opinion on back protectors?

I was looking at seperate one like Forcefield L2

But also my jacket can take a slip in? Which are recommended? im probably not going to be able to afford a leather jacket for a while so my textile spada one will be what i wear most of time?

Also is there a big difference between knox and forcefield? or another make im ignoring?
mdrb1979
mdrb1979
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

suprise Re: Up the back

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 18:44

I know people that use both of those and say how comfy they are - I use a slip in Spidi for my spidi textile - its comfy and apparently its good - never had to put it to the test so I can't comment more than that I'm afraid
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Mon Oct 10 2011, 19:32

I have the Forcefield one, and is very comfortable , fits under my gear and have had no problems what so ever with it!!, i certainly wouldnt go out without it now

Slip ins are alright but i feel there is a lot wider protection with this!, you dont see a racer without a full back protector!
Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon Oct 10 2011, 20:00

I got the forcefield one at Xmas, after reading the ride mag reviews.

Like Pete says, its comfy and longer and wider than any slip in one. You hardly notice when your riding but it does retain the heat. Summer riding did get a little warm.

But tonight I left it at work. Doh! (First time I've not ridden without the back protector since I got it) And I did notice the chill through not wearing it. (I'm wear just a shirt under my HG textile gear) The liners are out as well.

£82 notes off the tinternet. Well worth the monies. Very Happy
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Oct 11 2011, 10:24

I've got a knox one and feel naked if I ever forget it....which is a bad thing!

As previously said the built in ones are narrower and you don't have the luxury of being able to transfer it to wear with anything.

Never had to 'use' it but grateful it is there.

My cousin bullied me into getting one after he sold me the cat since he did use his after doing a somersault over the bonnet of a car and landing on his back on the kerbstone. The Doctor (no not Mr Rossi) told him it was a good investment.

Don't know the differences between forcefield and others but definitely get something.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down