Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too big for my boots ?

+2
ellie
SteveCat
6 posters

Go down

shock Too big for my boots ?

Post  SteveCat Mon Feb 07 2011, 15:31

It's time for new boots, held off for the London Bike Show to bag a bargain but alas not to be.

Firstly the prices at the show weren't spectacular; same as on-line prices but save on the delivery costs. The other problem highlighted how lucky I have been in my previous on-line purchases, non of the boots fitted properly :(

Had been holding out for some TCX waterproofs, foot went in OK, but couldn't close the catch - oh dear, tried some others and the same thing. Even had a go with some Sidi's, nope all the same, seems my calves are too big (too much time in the gym in a former life Very Happy ). Funny that, no problem with getting my leathers on.

Current boot is a JTS (a bike accessory shop near my 'hometown', Leicester), so I might have to get the same again.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Know of any other boots that may fit?

Apologies to those who may have been misled by the topic title and wished to agree pokefun
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

shock Re: Too big for my boots ?

Post  ellie Mon Feb 07 2011, 17:08

I've had a similar problem Steve, my last pair where TCX's which have been fantastic but i split them when I fell off, wall .

I've tried on all sorts of boots, Alpine Stars, Sidi etc and had problems finding a comfortable pair, I haven't got wide calves but I do have big feet for a female, but Ive now got a pair of Dainese Torque Pro-out which fit like they were made for me...Hope you get sorted Bud x
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Feb 07 2011, 20:09

you know what they say about big feet ellie
oh how is nick by the way pmsl
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Feb 07 2011, 21:55

cards wrote:you know what they say about big feet ellie
oh how is nick by the way pmsl
pete

Shocked Shocked Shocked

naughty naughty naughty

rofl2 rofl2 rofl2
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Feb 07 2011, 22:10

I had a similar problem a while ago (I think I posted here about it). I eventually found the Sidi Vertigos fitted really well - they have an adjustable calf width which works a treat for me.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Feb 07 2011, 22:22

you know what they say about big feet ellie

Big socks???

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 08 2011, 15:09

Thanks Ellie, when I stopped by the Dainese stand they didn't have my size :(

Paul, apologies my memory isn't what it was, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is your posting about the same thing, silly me wall I tried the Vertigo's, felt good but I had issues getting the zip above my ankle. I'm sure the assistant had adjusted the boot to the max.

Will investigate the Altberg's otherwise will go for another JTS (even though it does look like it was cobbled together in a garage)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Feb 08 2011, 15:57

Hi Steve. I've been wearing a pair of Altbergs now for about 18 years, and can certainly vouch for their durability. They even re-manufactured them for me 6 years ago, when they started to look a bit tatty. New thinsulate lining, new soles and a new patch on top of the left boot where the gear pedal had worn it through. Only charged me £40 quid. They have never ever leaked, and I rate them highly. If you can get a pair to fit [they will make you a pair to your spec if you are prepared to wait] you wo'nt be dissapointed. Incidently they are made in Richmond, the S&T venue. You could even call in on the way up to W/M and get yourself measured up. Just a thought! Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 08 2011, 16:39

terry lees wrote: You could even call in on the way up to W/M and get yourself measured up.

You drive a hard bargain sir. Thanks very much for the info on your boots, think thats the route I'll take.

Not sure about WMac, tip toeing around a thorny issue about leave. Company wants to try and enforce us to take 10 continuous days in the first half the year and then the same again in the second. I'm biding my time and will then hit with my list of odd days here and there. Will be a test case and the rest of the office is waiting to see how battle scared I'll be :(
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down