Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!!

+3
andyb
yamahamad
JDM
7 posters

Go down

Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!! Empty Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!!

Post  JDM Mon May 10 2010, 21:01

Well not best pleased at moment, been bit of (see LARGE) tit!! wall

Seam split on wrist on gloves so thought better take them back and get them exchanged while still got receipt handy, easy enough one would think!! Neutral

Well unfortunately the shop didn't have same ones anymore, not a problem i was thinking about upgrade anyway as originals didn't cost that much (don't want to spend too much incase failed test) so went for really nice comfy pair at cost of extra £50 No hard month made harder.

However, they may end up being lot more expensive as i didn't realise on leaving shop that the kerbs have all been replaced outside the shop and as i merrily made my way back into traffic i was accompanied by a huge crunching grinding sound!! :down: as i bottomed out the bike, popping the fairing just behind front wheel, scratching the bottom of fairing and causing 2 huge dent/scrapes in the exhaust pipes running underneath, seems to have not caused massive damage i can see from initial inspection but bike is being collected at 9 tomorrow for service and check up so keeping fingers crossed its not possibly the most expensive pair of gloves in the world!!! slap'ed

What a pillock!
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!! Empty Re: Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!!

Post  yamahamad Mon May 10 2010, 21:14

That sucks jdm hopefully there is not too much damage. Let us know.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!! Empty Re: Ooooops, expensive gloves or eejit alert!!

Post  andyb Mon May 10 2010, 21:48

Thats some serious bad luck wall

Fingers crossed that it ain't to much money.
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10 2010, 22:29

bummer :( hope not too much damage
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon May 10 2010, 23:31

Oops wall Fingers crossed it's not too expensive slap'ed

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue May 11 2010, 00:23

Oh Bloxx

Sorry to hear it.
Note to self.....always wheelie off pavements.
Hope the damage to bike / wallet is minimal.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11 2010, 01:24

Man ... I feel for you :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue May 11 2010, 10:28

Ouch, hope it isn't serious.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11 2010, 14:06

That's a real pisser.
And it's a horrible sinking feeling when you hear/feel something go crunch. Then more sinking when you take a look.
Hope it doesn't cost much to put right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Tue May 11 2010, 18:53

Well now know full extent of damage - new down pipes needed!! :(

Got her back from garage and he said basically they got sh@gged! (Must me a mechanical term) an that they need replacing!!

He replaced the front brake pads whilst he had her and said apart from that she's great and will sail thru MOT, so had brief look on t'internet and seen some St. Steel downpipes for £160, so get them bought then put her in for new 12 month ticket, would imagine could have been far worse but will check kerbs more before launching of them/ or learn to wheelie hey Rosco, but live and learn i believe they say, so £170 today, £160 plus fitting for MOT then MOT, and finally tax!! wall

Think it may be beans on toast for while!! Thanks for all well wishing as well - numpty alert over!! slap'ed
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Tue May 11 2010, 19:50

Thats just like life. You think everything is as sweet as a nut then you turn the corner and whump. One straight in the gonads! pale

Sorry for your misfortune, at least it can be rectified and it only affects your cullinary intake. Smile
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 11 2010, 22:43

Ouch ....... so would that be worthy of a numpty point then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Tue May 11 2010, 22:54

Ouch indeed, altho cold bake bean sandwiches - food of champions, lasted almost 2 weeks 18-30 on that in Gran Canaria (along with obvious Tequila, Sambuca & Copious amounts of beer) :drunken:

And apologies not numpty - EEJIT!
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down