Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

+6
SteveCat
andyb
Panzerbuilder
MevsyD
ellie
yamahamad
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. Empty Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  yamahamad Thu Mar 04 2010, 21:16

Just spent a fairly cold couple of hours in the garage doing final jobs & checks. Replaced the fuel filter, Had a look at the air filter but decided to leave it as i cleaned & reoiled it middle of summer last year so it has only seen around 1000 miles at the most. Wax polished as much of the frame as i could get to with the tank off. Refit the battery which has been keeping warm in the house all winter & removed the screen & dash trims to replace another speedo bulb which has gone. All that is left to do oil & filter to change after the first ride out & change the brake fluid. Anyway bring on some dry slightly warmer weather as i am desperate to ride as i am sure all you guys are.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. Empty Re: Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  ellie Thu Mar 04 2010, 21:49

I'll second that one!!

My bikes still wrapped up and being cared for by his Uncle Nick...but i cant wait for a blast......just need some grand weather and a weekend off !!!!

Plans are a-foot to take part in a RAF rideout in Shropshire end of March...So BRING IT ON!

5 months and 11 days till I'm de-restricted................................................. taz girl_crazy :evil2:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. Empty Re: Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  MevsyD Thu Mar 04 2010, 22:13

Sunday looks nice (but cold) so if you fancy a trip out for a 100 miler on Sunday I'll meet you at Sherburn for a cup of tea and then a run out?
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Thu Mar 04 2010, 22:27

Might just do that will keep an inquisitive eye on the weather reports
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Mar 04 2010, 22:36

Sunday looks nice (but cold) so if you fancy a trip out for a 100 miler on Sunday I'll meet you at Sherburn for a cup of tea and then a run out?

Would be lovely, I love a blast up to Squires, but Im at work girl_crazy

If it aint the weather stopping me, its the NHS, If i aint the NHS its netball matches.... Ho hum...
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Thu Mar 04 2010, 23:13

pmsl Had monday morning off. CBA (couldn't be bothered) so went in on the bike. 16 miles mainly dual carriageway Bloody lovely, nearly didn't turn off. Went in this morning, chuffing cold but again a lovely ride. Weather not looking too good for us on the east coast but my lad fancies a try out on the pillion so it looks as though I'll be out sometime this weekend.

It will have to be cleaned anyway!great
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:27

lovely weather here today so this afternoon i had a wee jaunt out on Ezzy .... not too far only did just over 60 miles - went for a blat down the 17 then cut across the back roads through ruskington, dorrington and a few of the villages across country came back out on the A153 up to East Kirkby Aviation Heritage place and stopped for a coffee with my aunt there then back up the a153 and across kirkby airfield - joined up with the 16 and back home.
Blew out the cobwebs...... can't believe the difference having those carbs done have made!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:28

I went for a little blast today on some of the "slower" Lincolnshire roads due to having my eldest on the back! All I could he was him chatting away (I haven't got intercom), when I stopped at some lights I asked him what he was saying, his response, " I'm singing a JLS song coz your going too slow" wall
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:30

I never saw you - you obviously went different ones to me Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:31

andyb wrote: " I'm singing a JLS song coz your going too slow" wall

Now there's gratitude for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:47

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:I never saw you - you obviously went different ones to me Smile
I was round hykenam and the top end of Lincoln mainly Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:49

All I could hear was him chatting away

I once thought my Daughter was singing on the back of the bike...Every roundabout I stopped at I could hear her...When I finally reached my destination, she was crying and said she had been for 1 hour coz she was so cold!! Woops......cruel mummy Rolling Eyes
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Mar 05 2010, 17:51

I was round hykenam and the top end of Lincoln mainly

andyb

Well Ive been at Monks Road all day.....You should have called in for a cup of tea on the NHS! LOL
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Fri Mar 05 2010, 18:19

SteveCat wrote:

Now there's gratitude for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My thoughts exactly!

ellie wrote:

Well Ive been at Monks Road all day.....You should have called in for a cup of tea on the NHS! LOL

I was actually down monks road pricing up a tattoo, I missed an opportunity there didn't I!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Mar 05 2010, 18:44

was actually down monks road pricing up a tattoo

Now if you want my advice.....the best Tattoo shop in Lincoln, is 'The Tattoo Shop' opposite Webbs Yamaha Dealers...Ive had three there and they r spot on! :bounce:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Mar 05 2010, 19:31

will be out on the bike on sunday for save donington race track is going to be a sunny day to boot too
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 05 2010, 23:26

yamahamad wrote:Might just do that will keep an inquisitive eye on the weather reports
Jumped on the bike last night without looking at the weather - effin freezing- came back this morning -2 .... Yep Sunday looking good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 08:18

andyb wrote:
Ezzy's Mum! wrote:I never saw you - you obviously went different ones to me Smile
I was round hykenam and the top end of Lincoln mainly Very Happy

Ah i turned off the A15 before you.

Monks Road - is that the one where the guy draws them freehand? If so one of the girls i used to work with had all hers done there and whilst she had skulls and daggers down her arms (always used to make me laugh when she came in with another - you could see the bosses almost blanching in case anyone from Top floor came in) which weren't my cup of tea they were fantastic.

I'm after another one but i haven't seen what i want so i need someone that does freehand well - another mate gets hers done in Boston and they're good but again, she has all big tribally stuff so rightly or wrongly i'm not sure i want to trust them with anything more detailed. Must ask Fi how where she got hers done ... had my last one done in Kilsyth.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Sat Mar 06 2010, 09:31

I think he draws most on free hand, he's directly opposite the college, his shop is livin colour! I'm not going to have mine done though, I find the shop owner very rude and pushy. I'm check that one opposite webbs out that ellie was on about at some point during the week Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 12:00

I've been out pretty much every day this week on the Cat , but tomorrow it's for pleasure meeting my bro-in-law and a mate of his , we're going to Box Hill , my first time NOT riding alone green smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sat Mar 06 2010, 12:08

Nice one. Very Happy Just remember to ride at your own pace and don't try to keep up if it gets quick..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 12:13

MevsyD wrote:Nice one. Very Happy Just remember to ride at your own pace and don't try to keep up if it gets quick..

Cheers , don't worry I will - besides my bother-in law knows I'm still new to biking he won't expect me to keep up all the time Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Sat Mar 06 2010, 15:56

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:lovely weather here today so this afternoon i had a wee jaunt out on Ezzy

Crying or Very sad I am soooooooooooo envious and i am sooooooooo bored of ice and snow Exclamation
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sat Mar 06 2010, 18:55

I was in munchengladbach a few years back working in feb & march & the weather was nice & warm for that time of year. Guess i was lucky toni.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sat Mar 06 2010, 19:11

mevsyd are you still thinking of getting out tomorrow? I have just finished putting the bike back together & not ridden it yet. I am thinking of not going too far until i know i tightened everything up so nothing will fall off or leak. Was thinking of going to otley cafe for breakfast then ride out to settle & maybe to devils bridge. Let me know if u fancy meeting up. Probably wait till the sun has melted the frost & set of at 10ish.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next