Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sorted the brakes

3 posters

Go down

sorted the brakes Empty sorted the brakes

Post  cheesemanpaul Mon Feb 15 2010, 21:41

Stopped the brakes from binding thank god, had a lovely spin and felt great. Gave it a good coating of acf50. Need to work on the gixxer now wall
cheesemanpaul
cheesemanpaul
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

sorted the brakes Empty Re: sorted the brakes

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Tue Feb 16 2010, 11:38

hehe ah the joys of having more than one bike - I feel your pain..... enjoy! wall

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 16 2010, 13:16

cheesemanpaul wrote:Stopped the brakes from binding thank god, had a lovely spin and felt great. Gave it a good coating of acf50. Need to work on the gixxer now wall

Just wanting to check you didn't stop the brakes binding by covering them in ACF50.
I know / hope you probably didn't but that was the way I read your post the first time.

I think ACF 50 can go anywhere except brakes, tyres and probably not the best where you want grip( seat, rubber grips etc).

I might have it all wrong but I'd hate for someone to misunderstand and do exactly the wrong thing and have no brakes. affraid
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 16 2010, 13:54

Rosco wrote:
cheesemanpaul wrote:Stopped the brakes from binding thank god, had a lovely spin and felt great. Gave it a good coating of acf50. Need to work on the gixxer now wall

Just wanting to check you didn't stop the brakes binding by covering them in ACF50.
I know / hope you probably didn't but that was the way I read your post the first time.

I think ACF 50 can go anywhere except brakes, tyres and probably not the best where you want grip( seat, rubber grips etc).

I might have it all wrong but I'd hate for someone to misunderstand and do exactly the wrong thing and have no brakes. affraid

That was the way I'd read it at first too Shocked although from the fact that he took it for a spin, didn't wrap it around a tree, and got back home to post here about it I figured what he probably meant pmsl

Paul, now you've sorted your brakes - fancy doing mine? Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  cheesemanpaul Tue Feb 16 2010, 17:50

acf50 would not suit the brakes, just applied it to various nuts and bolts as ya do. Brakes wasnt cheap to do, £100 for seals then £75 for a guy to fit them after taking the calipers to him, still cheaper than cmc of nottingham who wanted £360 to do the job. Bleeding them is easy enuf with some patience. 1 of the backing plates on the pads was bent, think i had the pads opposite way round so swapped them to how they were seated and job was a gud en. Been to work again today and no problem Very Happy
cheesemanpaul
cheesemanpaul
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down