Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help the heroes ride at wootton basset

+9
Rosco
yamahamad
strag
SteveCat
0ldcat
G
wambo
ellie
kwakkat
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 6 Empty help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  kwakkat Wed Jan 20 2010, 06:39

First topic message reminder :

guys & gals just picked this thread up from the 2 wheels site
on the 14th march there is going to be a bike ride for help the heroes though wooden basset to the RAF station at lyneham with all funds going to the help the heroes it will cost £5 for the wristband which will allow entry to the RAF station the meeting place for the start of the ride is jun17 M4 eastbound at leigh delamere for anyone wanting to go i will be going its a sunday
pete

Last edited by cards on Thu Feb 11 2010, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 6 Empty Re: help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  weasley Tue Mar 09 2010, 21:18

The A4 up to Newbury is wide but dull. After Newbury it perks up and is actually quite nice. You're going to be virtually riding past my house! I would offer a cuppa but may have to be out doing Mother's Day stuff, sorry!

weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 1506
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 6 Empty Re: help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  SteveCat Tue Mar 09 2010, 22:02

Thanks Paul, looking forward to the perked up parts. Doubt there will much fun for me on Sunday.

Listen out for your bikes' twin Saturday afternoon :o
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 18:50

Hurrah!

I got lucky with the reserves list so I'll be joining you all on the 8:00-9:00 slot Very Happy

Roll on Sunday!

Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Mar 10 2010, 18:52

Well done Chris...I hope you all have a great time, hope the queues arent too lengthy..Forecast looks OK...Fingers crossed!! pinkelly
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Mar 10 2010, 19:40

R2D2 wrote:
I got lucky with the reserves list so I'll be joining you all on the 8:00-9:00 slot

That's fantastic news. Was looking at the registration stats yesterday, looks like an allowance has been made for 16 000 - that might have just been the way the graph was setup. 8-9 had some spares but 9-11 full up, afternoon looking quiet, but thats on arrivals, there'll be a buzz inside for a long time.

You are still going to pop down and see us at our spot next to the motorway? Might be able to pass on some last minute info (could be worth me hooking my phone up to the grapevine - umm)

I hope I haven't bullied you into joining in..
ellie wrote:Forecast looks OK...Fingers crossed!!

I like your weather forecaster Ellie, one I checked had it raining around kick off :(
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 20:51

SteveCat wrote:You are still going to pop down and see us at our spot next to the motorway? Might be able to pass on some last minute info (could be worth me hooking my phone up to the grapevine - umm)

I hope I haven't bullied you into joining in..

Oh yes will still be popping out for a quick hello on Saturday night. Will have to be not too late though, early start in the morning!

Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:09

R2D2 wrote:Will have to be not too late though, early start in the morning!
Spoil sport Laughing we ride and play hard Very Happy (don't believe a word of it ) Rolling Eyes
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10 2010, 22:25

R2D2 wrote:Hurrah!

I got lucky with the reserves list so I'll be joining you all on the 8:00-9:00 slot Very Happy

Roll on Sunday!

Chris

fantastic chris Smile really hope it doesn't rain steve - my waterproofs are ...... er ........ snug when first put on - as testified by me having to do a cross between a sumo wrestler and the all blacks Haka when i put them on in an effort to release the knees otherwise i can't get my feet on the pegs, and having got them on i can't get them off!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  JDM Thu Mar 11 2010, 20:10

Ezzy's Mum! wrote: really hope it doesn't rain steve - my waterproofs are ...... er ........ snug when first put on -

Is that why you have the PVC Picture Avatar?? :idea:

Well hope you all have good ride, hope weather stay's good and all enjoy a safe weekend!
JDM
JDM
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 386
Hobbies : Fast Bikes & Faster Women
Humour : If you fall over for any reason i'm laughing!
Registration date : 2010-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 20:28

[quote="JDM"]
Ezzy's Mum! wrote: really hope it doesn't rain steve - my waterproofs are ...... er ........ snug when first put on -

Is that why you have the PVC Picture Avatar?? :idea:

quote]

lol yeah ....... and my wishful thinking... i'd look more like one of the roly polys Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12 2010, 19:47

ready to go - meant to sort the scottoiler out and replace her old bolts with nice new ones but it was dark when i got back so i'll have to do the oiler in the morning and maybe leave the bolts.

We're going to leave in the morning not sure what time ... we're going peterborough - northampton way and down from there which i guess is not the way you're going Pete
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Mar 12 2010, 22:33

ok right we are leaving here about 11 might do melton a606 though to a6003 oakhamton cut across then switch on the sat nav
lol pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sat Mar 13 2010, 06:43

dawn patrol here just starting to do final checks tum around like headless chicken
off soon to fuel up check tyres get breakfast you now the 1 freds still in bed bloody co pilots
then s s s time weathers outside looks good
take care all & see you soon along with 10,000 +other bikers
pete & fred who,s fast asleep snoring
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 13 2010, 07:54

see you both later Pete & Fred ....... and you too Steve ...... mind the cakes! Oh and hopefully you too R2!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 14 2010, 16:39

back home safe & sound i can,t not describe what a fantastic day we had i did get a little misty eyed riding through Wooten basset will post up more about the weekend escapades bloody squatters
pete link
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 16:51

back home too, after detours to the pub etc clink really enjoyed the ride, definitely got a bit misty eyed seeing the crowds in Bassett too. Great to meet you guys too, hopefully see you again at Bishops Castle Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 14 2010, 18:11

cards wrote:back home safe & sound i can,t not describe what a fantastic day we had i did get a little misty eyed riding through Wooten basset will post up more about the weekend escapades bloody squatters
pete link

R2D2 wrote:back home too, after detours to the pub etc clink really enjoyed the ride, definitely got a bit misty eyed seeing the crowds in Bassett too. Great to meet you guys too, hopefully see you again at Bishops Castle Very Happy

Yes so did i - after all i'd seen about people not wanting us there to see them lined all along the route clapping and waving and then to get into WB town and see them all cheering us on was absolutely fantastic - can't describe it. (Mind you - i see all the Hardley Tractor boys were the ones on TV although i did see the custard and silver cat make an appearance lol)

Glad you were able to get yours started Chris - was a bit worried you'd be taking the alarm remote to bits again Laughing

Sorry about the crumbs in your bed Pete ....... oh and the jeans even tho they weren't my fault and next time i go anywhere i've decided i'm definately going to charge shortarses to sit on Ezz!

Anyway, we had a good trip back and a thoroughly good weekend green smile

(My flag is completed shredded now tho!!!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 15 2010, 07:45

well i do i describe the days events .
got up nice & early washed & packed the bike showered . had a nice breakfast
& off we set in sunshine nice potter down stopped had dinner
got to the travel lodge 10 Min's early not bad timing
signed in unpacked went had a drink quick nap
then the mob arrived
1st Suzie with you was neil you want a coffee i,l chuck it over you
i now know why he wears combat jeans so you can,t see the ruddy coffee stains lol
then the squatter,s arrived ie Pam & Steve who for some small reason had not got a room
a small technical hitch 1/2 the hotel was flooded
some idiot said why don,t you share with us
next time I suggest this hit me at the back of the head with a piece of 4x4
so evening arrive,s back to the room squatter ,s & all
where as you know a few drinks the talk turns to sex SUZIE Ive got a new Kodak camera naughty deal sly wink

Last edited by cards on Mon Mar 15 2010, 07:58; edited 1 time in total
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 15 2010, 07:56

& yes please don,t eat in bed again right crumbs in the bum are not good
so we settle down for a good nights sleep
yer right
at about 4,15 AM yes AM
i awake to the gentle sound of
1 the sound of a baby wart hog in peaceful slumber ( Pam)
2 what i can only describe as a light aircraft starting up on full choke which then back fire,s o h the smell (Steve)
3 the frighting sound of a cross between chewbacca & a hippo in need of Dino rod urgent (Fred)
the bike ear plugs came in handy BOTH sets
you can guess where i put the 2nd set
i would not swap a single second of that weekend it brings tears to my eyes pmsl Pete
ps i do not snore haloangel
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 15 2010, 09:53

cards wrote:
ps i do not snore

Not when you are awake no What a Face

Sorry about the after burner, must have running the engine too rich again Embarassed That does mean though that I did get some sleep, I felt like I had been awake all night - guess you wish I had been.

Many thanks to you both for coming to our rescue after our booked and paid for accommodation suddenly wasn't after their aqua technical problem
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15 2010, 22:30

cards wrote:
1st Suzie with you was neil you want a coffee i,l chuck it over you

where as you know a few drinks the talk turns to sex SUZIE Ive got a new Kodak camera naughty deal sly wink

that means he likes you haha ........ well i suppose the pics would be harmless enough but don't you go bothering asking for 'extras' haha

cards wrote:& yes please don,t eat in bed again right crumbs in the bum are not good

i would not swap a single second of that weekend it brings tears to my eyes pmsl Pete
haloangel
and i really don't think i could've got that many crumbs in your bed!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Mar 23 2010, 20:36

they have just made this a annual event roll on next year & they might let us camp there PARTY lol
& next year steve I DON,T SHARE lol
pete pmsl
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 23 2010, 23:09

Neil found a photo of himself taken by the photographer doing the pics on the site - i must've been hidden and he was in full view behind the pillock on the three wheeled big screened monstrosity that was belting out the dreary c&w music - that must've been what the long suffering look on his face was lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Mar 25 2010, 13:57

A DVD of the day has been made and can be purchased for £5 + P&P from the Afgan Heros website.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 6 Empty Ride of respect

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13 2011, 17:39

Anyone else going to Wooton Basset this year information here