Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firkin 4x4 drivers ........

+2
trixta30
0ldcat
6 posters

Go down

Firkin 4x4 drivers ........ Empty Firkin 4x4 drivers ........

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01 2009, 18:42

Thought as it was a nice day i'd go to work on Ezz so there i am going along A17 on long straight bit traffic my side of the road nothing the other and nothing moving so I overtook the lorry in front of me then the next 2 cars with a view to going as far along as I could (a 4x4, car and small lorry) – I had my indicator on – the car in front of the 4x4 overtook the lorry (no problem – plenty of space) leaving just those 2 for me to take – I was halfway across the offside carriageway – got alongside the 4x4 nearly at his drivers door when with no warning/indication etc he pulled out on me and kept coming Shocked – all I could see was his front wing and for some reason I didn’t think to pip – it all happened in a matter of seconds as I tried to get out of his way I brushed the tip of his wingmirror and swerved landing up in between the kerb and farside white line as he swerved back in behind the lorry – to say I was shaken was an understatement – I’m beginning to think someone is trying to tell me something. Crying or Very sad

I kinda got fixated by his offside wing/front wheel and i know i shouldn't have but i couldn't stop looking at it even though i knew i was going to hit it - i even lifted my left foot off the peg because it was that close to the sill on his door - by this time i was sat alongside him !!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Firkin 4x4 drivers ........ Empty Re: Firkin 4x4 drivers ........

Post  0ldcat Thu Oct 01 2009, 18:50

Had a bit of a Fusion moment there then Suzie. (A close shave). fuming angry Mad

Settle down have a medicinal G & T now yer home and put it in the memory bank as a learning tool for 4x4's Shocked
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  trixta30 Thu Oct 01 2009, 19:46

i have to agrre with a problem with 4x4 drivers. they clearly are the most unobservant drivers around, considering theyre so high up with max view the stupid bastards seem to b blind. only a month ago 1 rev into my parked bike, knokin it over and bendin my bar. i say all 4x4 should either move to the USA or stay parked in there oversized garages.
trixta30
trixta30
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 9
Hobbies : learnin to ride my cat
Humour : kinda funny guy lol
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01 2009, 20:00

great even more irritating if that's possible are the ones (seem to be most of them actually!) that have them just for the school run not because they actually have a need for one!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01 2009, 20:51

Bit of a scary one Suzie, glad you are ok though.

Important lesson though, treat all drivers as idiots and assume that they will do something silly. It doesn't work every time but it can get you out of trouble before it happens quite a bit.

I know I wasn't in the situation but from what you have said, I'd have used the power of the bike, quick blip of the throttle and I'm gone, out of dangers way. Like I say though, I wasn't in the situation so that could be completely the wrong option, works a lot of the time though.

Like Tel says, have a medicinal G&T, think it over, decide what you would/should have done, store it in the memory bank and move on.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01 2009, 21:02

topcatbones wrote:Bit of a scary one Suzie, glad you are ok though.

I know I wasn't in the situation but from what you have said, I'd have used the power of the bike, quick blip of the throttle and I'm gone, out of dangers way. Like Tel says, have a medicinal G&T, think it over, decide what you would/should have done, store it in the memory bank and move on.

Tony

yeah that's what i should've done Tony and did eventually when my idiot brain finally kicked into gear and stopped looking at the darn thing wall - like you say - god forbid it happens again but if it does that's what i'll do .... as for the medicinal g&t - yep worked a treat (as did the consolatory chocolates given to me by one of the lads at work Laughing )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Oct 01 2009, 21:45

Crikey Suzie......Glad to hear you are OK.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing and Tony's advice is spot on......assume that no-one sees you and they will do stupid stuff and you'll be just fine........a bit crazy Wink but just fine.......oh and ignore all small animals on the road!

I'm sure the GnT is helping too.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Oct 01 2009, 21:56

OMG! Pleased your OK Suzie, you cant legislate for muppets!!.....Can I say stupid drivers appear in all kinds of vehicles, and on motorbikes sometimes too!

Nothing to do with the fact that until recently, I drove a LWB Shogun Warrior! whistle

Ellie xxx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tcatcarson Thu Oct 01 2009, 22:05

Another notch carved onto Ezzy's flanks! Tony is right, assume the worst of every driver and you won't be disappointed... wall

Lee
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01 2009, 22:57

Yikes! Glad you escaped unharmed though. My close shave tonight was with a bus who decided that he was going to overtake a parked car when I was headed straight for him.

I thankfully never had to do the "swerve manouvre" on my bike test - missed it by a couple of weeks! - but I did one tonight Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02 2009, 10:25

R2D2 wrote:
I thankfully never had to do the "swerve manouvre" on my bike test - missed it by a couple of weeks! - but I did one tonight Shocked

Neither did i - nice to know we can tho eh Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Oct 02 2009, 11:31

Oh no. We're not all bad, and some of us actually use it for what it was built for too.

Out of interest was it a Range Rover? I've found them to be up there with the worst of them

Glad your ok though..
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02 2009, 11:40

lol no stretchie it wasn't a range rover it was one of them 'i can't afford afford a range rover so i'll have a' mitsubishi thing instead driven by someone who looked as tho he was on his way to a business meeting!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Oct 02 2009, 11:46

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:lol no stretchie it wasn't a range rover it was one of them 'i can't afford afford a range rover so i'll have a' mitsubishi thing instead driven by someone who looked as tho he was on his way to a business meeting!!

Oh aye, bluetooth headset on, raybans, cup of coffee in one hand, head buried in the gloveblox.. The kind of fella that still wears his bluetooth headset walking around tesco

wall
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02 2009, 17:18

Yep that was him - with his right elbow nonchalantly resting against the window using the tips of his fingers to steer!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Oct 02 2009, 18:01

Did he happen to have a bald head and bling??

I object to the mitsubishi thingey tho...was rather partial to my Mitsubishi Shogun, Warrior, 3.2l.......cruelly taken away and sold by my ex-husband... angry not that Im bitter or anything... whistle
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02 2009, 19:51

OI!

Nowt wrong with being bald, either.... Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02 2009, 20:05

Yeah, baldies rule ok. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03 2009, 09:21

no he wasn't bald so it wasn't as if he was getting blinded by the reflection of the sun bouncing off into the centre mirrors
Anonymous

Back to top Go down