Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my knee down.......What a plonker

+16
Krusty
JGman
Radar
kwakkat
MevsyD
tcatcarson
Deso
0ldcat
mechy69
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Eddie990
weasley
SteveCat
greencat
ellie
Rosco
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Got my knee down.......What a plonker - Page 2 Empty Got my knee down.......What a plonker

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 06 2009, 23:39

First topic message reminder :

On the way back from ToL after leaving Chris at Scotch corner I continued to head back home.

Never thought I'd managed to get my knee down especially on a straight Rolling Eyes
Yes...you've probably guessed correctly by now.

I got my knee down quickly followed by arse and elbow.

The reason, a rabbit, a f&*$ing rabbit. I still can't believe I tried to stop/swerve for a rabbit.
It did its best to block me and I watched it dart around and got mesmerised by it's flashy white tail. I don't know whether I lost the front when I hit it (if I did indeed hit it) or whether I lost it when I tried to swerve as I was braking too hard. Same result regardless.

Before I realised it I was sliding down the wrong side of the road swearing inside my helmet while my crash bungs and carbon engine cover were doing there best to minimise the damage to the bike (sliding down the other side of the road)

A car coming the other way stopped to help. I thanked them for not being there 20 seconds earlier.....having said that I might not have tried to swerve if that was the case but will never know.

I looked back up the road to see a black line of R&G plastic but I just felt the urge to get the heck out of there so got on the bike and carried on.....still swearing inside my helmet.

The damage........ bit of a sore wrist, elbow, shoulder, arse, ego, scuffed leathers, gloves, shredded yellow jacket, scuffed mirror, slightly worn front brake lever and bar end, destroyed my front right indicator, scuffed a little bit of the fairing and big scratches all over my exhaust.

Oh....and I scuffed my knee slider too.

Hopefully I've learned my lesson (just relax hit the f*£%^&r).............and by sharing this hopefully no-one will make the same mistake I did.

Looks like I'll be needing the T-Shirt back.

Rosco wall :(
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Got my knee down.......What a plonker - Page 2 Empty Re: Got my knee down.......What a plonker

Post  0ldcat Wed Sep 09 2009, 16:12

Bobtailbilly .. .. .. rofl2

0ldcat
founder

Number of posts : 5229
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Got my knee down.......What a plonker - Page 2 Empty Re: Got my knee down.......What a plonker

Post  trixta30 Wed Sep 09 2009, 16:48

dang i only just joined so takin the micky would b sorely unwise but i hate to hear a fellow biker havin a ooopsy. glad ur ok tho. remember cats have 9 lives so dont stress about her too much, she`ll b ok
trixta30
trixta30
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 9
Hobbies : learnin to ride my cat
Humour : kinda funny guy lol
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09 2009, 22:07

trixta30 wrote:dang i only just joined so takin the micky would b sorely unwise but i hate to hear a fellow biker havin a ooopsy. glad ur ok tho. remember cats have 9 lives so dont stress about her too much, she`ll b ok

Don't worry about it. Just go right ahead. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Sep 09 2009, 22:51

Thanks for all the replies. Don't know what half of you are wabbitting on about though.

Got away very lightly in hindsight. Back and shoulder much better.

Not going to change my name but thanks for all the suggestions. Hare'y scarey.

Anyone got a front right indicator for sale?
Also looking for a black r&g bung for rhs complete with bolt as mine is all bent.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10 2009, 08:08

Ross - is it standard ind? I may have a spare one i'll have a look. As for R&G crash bung i did buy a replacement off Amos for mine - i'll have a look what side the one was i took off but the only thing is even if its any good the reason i took it off was because whoever had had the bike before me had obviously had a scrape on it and rubbed the end bit that said R&G so it didn't look pretty any more but hey - when it's free you don't look a gift horse do you. I'll check later for you hun

Suzie x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 10 2009, 09:19

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:Ross - is it standard ind? I may have a spare one i'll have a look. As for R&G crash bung i did buy a replacement off Amos for mine - i'll have a look what side the one was i took off but the only thing is even if its any good the reason i took it off was because whoever had had the bike before me had obviously had a scrape on it and rubbed the end bit that said R&G so it didn't look pretty any more but hey - when it's free you don't look a gift horse do you. I'll check later for you hun

Suzie x

Yes it is a standard indicator (they say TOP on the orange cover but it looks like you might get away with it on the wrong side) as for the bungs I can't remember if they had specific sides OR the bolts were threaded differently or different lengths. The bolt was quite bent although I hammered it straight(ish) to be able to get it off.

thanks Suzie. (Hope you're feeling a lot better now too)
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Thu Sep 10 2009, 13:44

The bolts are a different length on each side Rosco & are made of high tensile steel IIRC
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10 2009, 21:24

yeah i'm feeling a lot better thanks - mind you don't think i could've felt much worse!!! Then to add insult to injury i sat up in bed following morning and hit my head on the sloping ceiling Crying or Very sad

Anyway, i've had a dig around in my kitchen store cupboard where i've uncovered a veritable treasure trove (including a rear indicator covered in Lucky Yellow Tape!!!!) and i've found a front indicator. I have to say it looks very big Shocked As i have no electricity in the garage i'll have to wait til daylight and get out there and make sure it's right although why i would have one that didn't fit is beyond me.
PM me your addy Rosco and once i've double checked it i'll get it in post to you - I'll go back and look for the crash bung but i've a feeling it may have been a LHS one I got but i'll let you know.

Suzie x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2