Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  Mel111 Thu Jul 22 2021, 13:41

Greetings all my name is Mel, I've had my cat for 2 months now, it's in the shade that is quite controversial to some orange,one owner,5000 miles and two genuine keys  full service history. will try and post some photographs of it when I learn how to do that. I purchased it from a company in Newport so it had a warranty with it paid top Dollar but I paid because I bought a Thundercat a month previous from a guy in pool and it was a bag of sh?t.So I had to take the bike back and have a big argument.So anyway  rode the new cat down to the south coast and back 300 odd or so then started having carburettor problems non-responsive and backfiring that sort of thing so anyway bike wouldn't start in the end so back to dealership under warranty they say it's doing it is because I'm using high-octane fuel and an additive cleaner for the carbs I'm hoping to get it back in another three or 4 days?? Just when the torrential downpours appear. That's it for now ridesafe hope to see you out there.

Last edited by Mel111 on Thu Jul 22 2021, 14:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Carp spelling)
Mel111
Mel111

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-02-15

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 23 2021, 12:19

Hi Mel, welcome3

Doesn't sound like a good start to Thundercat ownership, at least with the dealer you have recourse. I wouldn't have thought high octane would cause problems, what might cause issues is the use of E10.
Hope you get sorted soon, pity it's coinciding with bad weather.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jul 23 2021, 18:29

Hello and Welcome Mel,

So you've got the B&Q Black and Orange huh ? green smile Don't worry you're not, of course, the first, and no doubt will not be the last.
The important thing is you enjoy your biking experiences Bike15

Have a good look around the different sections of the forums especially How about Something for the Weekend - you may find something there you wish to join in with left thumb up

Cheers
0c Toff
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Fri Jul 30 2021, 20:36

E10 fuel shouldn't be an issue Steve.

https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/manufacturer/Yamaha
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down