Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW 2020 - Cancellation

+3
Robcat
Snowcat
Radar
7 posters

Go down

WoW 2020 - Cancellation Empty WoW 2020 - Cancellation

Post  Radar Mon May 11 2020, 17:12

Hi Folks

Despite the somewhat confusing and vague (in my opinion) updated guidelines issued yesterday I don't think we have a safe and secure basis for a group ride out

Depending on how you read them we can ride, but not in groups and only to and from work, essential business and to a place of exercise.

I don't think a significant number of cafes and pubs will be able to open by then, and with social distancing still place both day time and evening socials will be impossible

So I think it's time to say this is one for 2021.

In that way folks can get their money back if hey have accommodation booked etc

I will give people a few days to to come back to me, but would welcome a quick feedback from as many of you who have said you are coming as possible

Cheers

Tony

Last edited by Radar on Tue May 12 2020, 09:09; edited 3 times in total
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

WoW 2020 - Cancellation Empty Re: WoW 2020 - Cancellation

Post  Snowcat Mon May 11 2020, 20:46

Understood and accepted, I think under the circumstances it is for the best. If there is a sudden upturn and a miracle cure is found etc I am sure that we can always make some adhoc meet up plans but if I am being honest I think that is a virtually impossible situation. Cheers Tony, here's to 2021.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon May 11 2020, 21:12

Ahhh the year is becoming a right off anyway. Don't know if I'd get the accomodation money back though as I didn't pay the extra for free cancellation. Got a ferry to France booked in 3 weeks time but, that too will probably be forfeited unless it doesn't sail.
You've done the correct thing Tony nonetheless and we'll have to make it up some other time with the get together.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Mon May 11 2020, 22:43

gutted but its the right thing to do hopefully get a less organised meet in the middle one before winter comes back for gods sake it hasn't even left yet plus rosco might be able to leave Scotland too hehe sorry mate
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon May 11 2020, 23:56

Hi Tony.

It’s the right thing to do.
I think we are likely to be in the same boat for Big Mac in Orkney (If you pardon the pun) in the nearish future.

Coming out of this lockdown isn’t going to be quick or easy by the looks of it.

Government advice (on accommodation) takes us up to the 1st June at the moment and this is quoted in the following link.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/contact/faqs/uk-coronavirus-covid-19-infection.

I “think” the government review this and likely push this date back for a few weeks every few weeks.

Eventually (unless the government advice changes) this date will be pushed back beyond the date we are booked and we “should” be able to follow the guidelines in the link and have options to re-book / get a refund (even if you have a non-refundable booking I’d like to think) etc.

It’s a crap time for everyone but if you’re reading this you’re still alive.
Hopefully you and yours won’t contract and/or help to spread this horrible virus.
Sadly there are many who aren’t so lucky.

Keep calm and carry on (social distancing responsibly of course)

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed May 13 2020, 16:59

Robcat wrote:Ahhh the year is becoming a right off anyway. Don't know if I'd get the accomodation money back though as I didn't pay the extra for free cancellation. Got a ferry to France booked in 3 weeks time but, that too will probably be forfeited unless it doesn't sail.
You've done the correct thing Tony nonetheless and we'll have to make it up some other time with the get together.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

Hi Rob, yep 2020 is turning into a bit of a nightmare! I should have been taking the bike over to Ireland at the end of the month and that has been canned too!

In terms of your accommodation, could it be deferred to next year. My aim is to have a WoW2021!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed May 13 2020, 17:02

Rosco wrote:Hi Tony.

It’s the right thing to do.
I think we are likely to be in the same boat for Big Mac in Orkney (If you pardon the pun) in the nearish future.

Coming out of this lockdown isn’t going to be quick or easy by the looks of it.

Government advice (on accommodation) takes us up to the 1st June at the moment and this is quoted in the following link.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/contact/faqs/uk-coronavirus-covid-19-infection.

I “think” the government review this and likely push this date back for a few weeks every few weeks.

Eventually (unless the government advice changes) this date will be pushed back beyond the date we are booked and we “should” be able to follow the guidelines in the link and have options to re-book /  get a refund (even if you have a non-refundable booking I’d like to think) etc.

It’s a crap time for everyone but if you’re reading this you’re still alive.
Hopefully you and yours won’t contract and/or help to spread this horrible virus.
Sadly there are many who aren’t so lucky.

Keep calm and carry on (social distancing responsibly of course)

Cheers
Rosco

I think even with the relaxation from today, still no group rides, cafes, pubs and social distancing etc it is the right call. I am looking to run it in 2021, so if the accommodation won't refund see if they will give you a deferral or credit note for 12 months?

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed May 13 2020, 17:52

sir digby wrote:gutted but its the right thing to do hopefully get a less organised meet in the middle one before winter comes back for gods sake it hasn't even left yet plus rosco might be able to leave Scotland too hehe sorry mate

Yep, perhaps an adhoc ride out later in the year could be salvaged from the wreckage of 2020!

If not I will run a WoW2021
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed May 13 2020, 17:53

Snowcat wrote:Understood and accepted, I think under the circumstances it is for the best. If there is a sudden upturn and a miracle cure is found etc I am sure that we can always make some adhoc meet up plans but if I am being honest I think that is a virtually impossible situation. Cheers Tony, here's to 2021.

Yep 2021 it is, but lets hope we can meet up before then!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat Jun 06 2020, 13:22

JDWetherspoon have told me they will refund the money even though I have the no cancellation/refund rate.

For those who have not requested a refund yet, you can do it here. Tell them that the event has been cancelled and is not being rescheduled otherwise they will want to re-book you.

JDWetherspoon wrote:We do envisage that we will be reopen by this date and the booking is on a non- refundable rate , however given the circumstances currently I will arrange for the amount to be refunded back to the account that the booking was made with. You should see this reflected within 14 days.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jun 07 2020, 10:35

I completed the form yesterday, as confusing as it was, and sent it, did you get an email confirmation back as I have not received anything??
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jun 08 2020, 09:04

Snowcat wrote: did you get an email confirmation back as I have not received anything??

The first email took two days, it only says what is on the website, I'm pretty sure it isn't an auto reply. A day after that I got another email from someone working on the cancellations, in which they wanted me to re-book, a further day to answer my response. If the response time is like mine your email will most likely be sent on Wednesday.

It is a totally confusing form, which for me was made worse due to a technical issue with the site not accepting the form - took about 3 days for it to be fixed!
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Jun 10 2020, 15:02

Just to let everyone know, I submitted my claim for a refund with Weatherspoons on the 6th, the funds arrived back in my bank today, 10th. Happy with that, I too thought they would put up a right fight.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Wed Jun 10 2020, 17:16

It is good to hear that people are managing to get the refunds. We had problems submitting Rob's form but finally managed to send it successfully on Monday so we will hopefully hear soon.

It is such a shame the rideouts are having to be cancelled but we hope everyone is staying safe and keeping healthy.

Linz, Rob and Ewan
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Thu Jun 11 2020, 00:29

Whilst gutted the event has been able to go ahead, pleased that people are not out of pocket and will have the money for next year!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down