Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardo PackTalk

3 posters

Go down

Cardo PackTalk Empty Cardo PackTalk

Post  Rosco Fri May 10 2019, 11:13

Decided to get a Packtalk Bold recently and it's a great piece of kit.

I've had an interphone 5 system for a few years and while it was fairly good for small groups but you had to stay in the order you paired them in.

e.g. 1 is paired with 2
      2 is paired with 1 and 3
      3 is paired with 2 and 4
      4 is paired with 3

With the Interphone system if they all ride in this order and they can communicate (as shown above) then everyone can talk and listen to everyone and you can either listen to music OR be in intercom mode but NOT both.
When the link between 1 and 2 is lost e.g. 2 stops or moves to the back (far enough away from 1) then the only folks that can talk to each other are 3 and 4.

The Packtalk is much more the way it should be with it's MESH mode.
You CAN have music AND intercom at the same time with the music fading out enough to hear what is being said and then fading back in.
With it's new MESH mode you can be a member of a group and once in the group as long as you have communication with any of the others in the group you can talk to and listen to all the folks they are connected to and so on up to 15 members.

I've kept my Interphone for my pillion so that they can be bridged in. (Tried this on a recent run up to Mallaig with Daz)
I have to drop my bluetooth connection from my phone to allow this so no more music or phone calls on the go if I bridge it in though due the number of bluetooth connections you can have.

At Wee Mac we had Dave, Gill, Ian, Rob, Steve and myself all in the same group and had a right good natter whilst being able to get a commentary on the road ahead or what is happening behind.
Hearing the commentary ahead of "Oh £$?!", "gravel", "sheep" meant you knew to slow a little.
We could also advise if the road ahead was clear (or otherwise).

It's not cheap but it you buy with a friend you can go for the Duo version (for 2) which works out a bit cheaper.
We were £175 each to get ours.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Cardo PackTalk Empty Re: Cardo PackTalk

Post  Panzerbuilder Thu Apr 16 2020, 20:13

Hi Peeps.

Got my packtalk slim from FC moto in Germany. They were doing a deal and I got it for just over £180 delivered. Not paired it yet but I've not been out on the bike lately anyway.

I hope everyone's safe and virus free. Hopefully we'll be allowed out sooner rather than later.

As it's costing me a lot to bling the bike. Bloody Ebay. fuming Question
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Cardo PackTalk Empty Re: Cardo PackTalk

Post  SteveCat Fri Apr 17 2020, 11:42

Welcome to the Cardo 'pack' Rich.

SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking