Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**Photobucket**

2 posters

Go down

info **Photobucket**

Post  0ldcat Wed Jul 19 2017, 15:54

Photobucket Picture hosting is now no longer free. This has caused a number of issues within the forums.

Da Management are on the case, we ask, please have patients while we test and adjust.

Some of you may have had signatures and/or avatar's hosted and back-linked/hot-linked to photobucket. These will have disappeared.
Equally, some of you may have written ride reports or kit and equipment reviews, again with back-links to pictures hosted with photobucket, which will also have disappeared.
This is our hosts blanket solution to a system wide issue with literally thousands of their customer/users (the likes of us), and not the administration here. As mentioned above, where there are gaps, we are working to restore and plug holes.
Please bear with us  Thumb
This message from Forumotion (our web-space - bulletin board hosts) >>===> Click me Spin click the spiny thing green smile

Best Regards
Tel Toff

Last edited by 0ldcat on Fri Jul 21 2017, 17:44; edited 2 times in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

info Re: **Photobucket**

Post  0ldcat Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:31

For members reference:

Our hosts Forumotion use servimg here click me

If you open your own account (it's free), and use their links to back-link all your pictures there 'should' be no problem in the future.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Fri Jul 21 2017, 00:41

I gave up on Photobucket at the beginning of the year, when it just got too clogged up with ads to work at any sensible speed.  Fortunately I wasn't relying on it as the sole repository of any photos, and I still have all the originals.

I opened an account with postimage (postimg.org), which seems to work quickly and hassle-free.  I don't have many pix on there as yet, but this is one sample:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jul 21 2017, 17:11

And a Mighty fine Sample at that sir [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] green smile

.. .. by the by, I was in the process of transferring all the stuff we had on photo*uckit when the proverbial hit the fan. I too had noticed quite some time back how slow and clogged that photo hosting platform had become.
As it happens I also have all the original stuff to, but on an older and much, much slower machine, making the process of updating a gruelling and toilsome task. But , hey ho , we're getting there

great
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Fri Jul 21 2017, 21:42

Btw, that's not a termite's nest in the background, it's a sort-of compost-cum-burnable rubbish heap. Some of which got bonfired this spring, but I think I'm fighting a losing battle!
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down