Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 meets

3 posters

Go down

2017 meets Empty 2017 meets

Post  yamrdtez Tue Oct 04 2016, 11:57

ok Guys it's about time i put some faces to names so in 2017 i am thinking of getting something sorted for a summer weekend meet.it will be central to all like Derbyshire with bands, booze and loads of bikes. option of camping or B&B. i know it's early days but if the interest is there i would start the ball rolling.
your thoughts please
Terry
yamrdtez
yamrdtez
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

2017 meets Empty Re: 2017 meets

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 05 2016, 20:27

Hi Terry

Sounds like a plan. We've never had bands before and the camping might not suit everyone but with the B&B option you've got it covered.

Typical rideouts have anything from single figures up to about 20 odd although we have managed 30 odd if you go back far enough.

Would a band play for just a handful or is there a bigger picture?

Ideally keep it at least a week (preferably a fortnight) from any existing rideouts on here.
Some are set in stone already and others have a "normal" time of the year.

June and July are pretty clear I think if that was when you were thinking.

Probably best to pick one or more dates that really suit you and yours first and then see which of them suit the majority.

Can be a catch 22 trying to get folk to commit to and event without knowing exactly what it is and also trying to organise an event without knowing numbers.

A few of us have organised a few rideouts before so if you want some input from any of us feel free to ask.

Good luck.
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  yamrdtez Wed Oct 05 2016, 21:44

Rosco, thanks for the pointers and yes i may need some help. i was thinking of June/July and to try and sort out a rideout to matlock, taking in the Derby Dales. it would be a pay on the gate affair and all info on b&b's would be posted on here. the site will have toilets/ bar and food outlets. if you guys are interested put your name forward and if the interest is there i will start inquiries.
regards
Terry
yamrdtez
yamrdtez
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogsbody Wed Oct 12 2016, 19:55

Yesss, Derbyshire, my neck of the woods. Am up for that.
Dogsbody
Dogsbody
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Guitar/Bikes
Humour : Swiss Toni
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down