Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signin

3 posters

Go down

Signin Empty Signin

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 25 2016, 18:58

Couldn't see if there is already a thread for the Monday de-parters ...

Got home at twenty past 4 having completed 1075 miles over the weekend. I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye, I was on the road by 8 - hopefully I didn't disturb anyone when leaving (other than Ross, sorry the Velcro fastener on my waterproofs stuck to the carpet and did make a din when 'torn off')

Had a little rain, enough for me to keep the wet gear on most of the way home. Splash and dash in Lanark and a stop in Penrith to fuel myself and the bike. Had an angled headwind which made things interesting. The second stop in Walsall ended up the same way as when I stopped there on the way up, the SatNav froze. Getting close to London I could hear faint pinging and talking, confirmation I've really lost it. Unscheduled stop in Beaconsfield to investigate, my bluetooth headset was in a 15 second loop of pinging and saying connecting to phone (the SatNav really). All fixed ready for the M25 car park, getting quite good at filtering Rolling Eyes

A big thanks to everyone who attended and for making it a great weekend, Ross a huge thanks for arranging the venue, the food and everything else that goes into making a great event. Linz thanks for the shopping run, your cooking along with your chef's and then you washed up too! (and to everyone who did kitchen duty) I'm sure last night will be reminisced in years to come.

We're accustomed to two markers, even had two tail end charlie's but it is rare to have two up front. Was pretty weird for me trying to read the satnav and give Ross the directions. I doubt I'll ever get the hang of how far 0.4 miles is, let alone then trying to work out the distance we were apart and still try and get the right turning! Sorry fluffed it a few times.The upside though is you got to put in practice that seemingly irrelevant requirement to do U-turns in your test.

I think John Armatige summed up my recent ride-out conduct quite well. When we were saying our hello's on Saturday Morning he asked me what was I doing there. Hoping to do the ride I replied, oh I'd have thought you'd be wanting go home by now, Nah too early for that, got to give it at least an hour.
Well I stuck it out, not only Saturday but Sunday too Wink Had an absolute blast.

For me having the chance not to do back to back rides and rather do the walk, sauna, steam room and pool was fantastic and enjoyed it all far more than I thought I would. It's just what the doctor ordered great 
Thank you
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Signin Empty Re: Signin

Post  Gillybaby Mon Jul 25 2016, 19:39

Good to hear your journey home wasn't too bad Steve. Sorry we missed you this morning.

We got back about 12.30. We decided to head home via some fun twisty roads but ended up cutting things short due to heavy rain showers sad

A big thank you to Ross for organising everything brilliantly yet again and to everyone else for making it a really fun weekend despite the weather doing its best to interfere.
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Signin Empty Re: Signin

Post  Robcat Mon Jul 25 2016, 20:59

Yep, another cracking weekend.

A very good route was chosen, even going through retirement housing establishments to satisfy Terry. Maybe a house move is on the cards, but who knows. Dukes pass was and still is as good as I remember from past visits to the road.
Luckily, no rain on the Saturday which made the day even better but Sunday, a day off the bikes was in order, and what a pleasant day that was. The boy walked roughly 4k yards following the river and waterfalls, with his little legs. Egged on by a promise of an ice cream, which turned out to be the best tasting ice cream he, Linz and me have tasted for a long time.
Will take walking boots the next time which is a weird thing on a biking weekend.

Many thanks to the folk that turned up, including the Canadiens and the ( he's on something ) Australian guy. Nice to see a natural sketch artist though. A good choice for digs too Ross and one that can be revisited in the future.
All the best, Me, Linz and Zombie.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: