Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi everyone.

+3
0ldcat
weasley
Ondurin
7 posters

Go down

ThumbsUp Hi everyone.

Post  Ondurin Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:31

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd post and say hello as I finally got around to buying my favourite bike, the Thundercat! (Pic below!)
Hi everyone. $_57

So a little about myself; Well my name is Raymond but feel free to call me Ondurin.
I'm 29 and living in Oxfordshire, England but I'm actually Welsh. left thumb up
This is now my 3rd bike after a very recent crash on my now dead CBR600F which I managed to survive!
This is how my CBR ended up after a 60Mph head on crash with a stupid car driver that wasn't paying attention to the road!
Long story short, car in front did an emergency stop, I was doing a shoulder check, managed to avoid her! but grounded the bike. Slid into oncoming traffic at 60Mph, had the first 2 cars avoid me but the 3rd car hit me in the face.
Hi everyone. 11751474_10207551247967515_527085403046550431_n
Hi everyone. 11755773_10207551248207521_3490380145693328128_n

I managed to lose my Spleen on impact, fractured four ribs, fracture four spinal discs, cracked my left hip and have several abrasions but I lived!

If you have any questions ect just ask away.

Thanks.
Ondurin
Ondurin
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 121
Hobbies : Bikes & Gaming PC's.
Humour : What's humour?
Registration date : 2015-11-02

Back to top Go down

ThumbsUp Re: Hi everyone.

Post  weasley Mon Nov 02 2015, 10:37

Wow - it looks like you're lucky to be here - good job on staying alive and then getting back in the saddle. Nice saddle too!

I'm also in Oxfordshire, in the OX11 region. Might see you about!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Ondurin Mon Nov 02 2015, 13:37

Thanks for the Welcome.

I have pics of the damage to myself but they are kind of NSFW, kids browsing forums etc don't want to risk it.

I actually live in the OX4 area but work in the OX2 area, nice 14 mile commute to work though Smile

As for the saddle, it's getting replaced with new leather as this is the original still and looks really used in person.
You will see the Thundercat go through a few changes and upgrades, braided hoses, R1 calipers, custom CNC levers, bar end sliders (For that just in case moment), crash mushrooms etc I have a long list that I want to do to it.
Ondurin
Ondurin
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Nov 03 2015, 10:00

Hello & Welcome to the forum.

Glad you survived the off, and as said above, Well done for getting back in the Saddle. Many may have called it a day at that.

I'm sure you have, but, have a good read around the different areas of the forum. You'll find the "How About" section where we have all our annual rides out. They start up again next season now, but do try and get along to any or all of them. You'll get a warm forum welcome.

See you out there green smile

Cheers
Tel Toff

PS:
Nice looking steed you have there. It'll be nice to see the changes you make Cool
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Nov 03 2015, 12:37

Hi Ondurin

That's quite a graphic story....sorry to hear you were in it but glad to hear you made it out the other side.

Great to heave you aboard with your dream bike.

Enjoy.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogsbody Tue Nov 03 2015, 14:53

Hi Ondurin. Good to hear you are still biking after that. How does the T-cat measure up to the CBR ? Bike2
Dogsbody
Dogsbody
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Guitar/Bikes
Humour : Swiss Toni
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  dudeofrude Tue Nov 03 2015, 17:01

Hey ondurin,

I'm interest to know how they compare too as I'm thinking of chopping the 'cat next year for a cbr600f sport.
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Wed Nov 04 2015, 10:04

Hi & welcome. Sounds like you are lucky to be riding again & glad you are.

The blue/silver cats are one of the rarer colours & yours looks nice.

Paul
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ondurin Wed Nov 04 2015, 16:17

0ldcat wrote:Hello & Welcome to the forum.

Glad you survived the off, and as said above, Well done for getting back in the Saddle. Many may have called it a day at that.

I'm sure you have, but, have a good read around the different areas of the forum. You'll find the "How About" section where we have all our annual rides out. They start up again next season now, but do try and get along to any or all of them. You'll get a warm forum welcome.

See you out there green smile

Cheers
Tel Toff

PS:
Nice looking steed you have there. It'll be nice to see the changes you make Cool

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a read whilst at work. I'll defo be joining in some meetup's.
The upgrade's are more of a personal touch but they do add more safety (Missus likes that part of me spending money).

Dogsbody wrote:Hi Ondurin. Good to hear you are still biking after that. How does the T-cat measure up to the CBR ? Bike2

Honstly the T-Cat is so much better than the CBR600f. More agile, better through the revs, brakes are...no need to talk about brakes we have blue dots, lol. Only thing I can say the CBR did well was...erm it was easy to fix.

dudeofrude wrote:Hey ondurin,

I'm interest to know how they compare too as I'm thinking of chopping the 'cat next year for a cbr600f sport.

I'd say stick with the T-Cat, upgrade parts on it to keep it semi up to date but the CBR isn't worth changing to over the T-Cat.

yamahamad wrote:Hi & welcome. Sounds like you are lucky to be riding again & glad you are.

The blue/silver cats are one of the rarer colours & yours looks nice.

Paul

And yes the blue/silver is a rare combo, problem is that my 1 piece leathers no longer match the bike so I have to buy a new set, lol.

And thank you all for the welcomes.
Ondurin
Ondurin
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: