Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 mt-03

2 posters

Go down

2011 mt-03 Empty 2011 mt-03

Post  bobh Thu Sep 10 2015, 23:01

Just in case anyone's looking for a runabout or winter hack, I need to sell my MT-03 as I'm about to inherit my daughter's bike and I don't have room for both.

2011 mt-03 Nov12036

I bought it at just over a year old, when it had a little over 6,000 on the clock and had been used for commuting into London through the winter, so it wasn't in immaculate condition, but being a Yamaha it had stood up to it fairly well. Since then I've done about the same again (it's now at 13,400), tidied it up somewhat, and used it generally for local-ish journeys (but not short shopping trips of the mayonnaise-in-the-oil-generating variety). Furthest I've been in a day is probably around 200 miles, though it's actually comfortable enough to do a lot more than that - it's perfectly capable of touring Europe.

Recent (within the last 1000 miles) valve check and adjust (very easy to do - no shims involved - 3 of 4 needed very minor adjustment), oil and filter change, coolant change, brake fluid change, new chain & sprockets.  Air filter was also changed fairly recently.

Decent Pirelli Strada tyres, also spare pair of wheels (with discs and sprocket) fitted with Pirelli MT60 block-tread tyres (as shown in photo) for winter use.

Givi Monolock topbox rack, Givi screen (makes a big difference cruising at motorway speed), Yamaha engine bars (not shown in photo), Renthal handlebars (saves a couple of Kg), fender-extender, radiator grille (also not shown), charging lead, possibly a few other bits and bobs that I've forgotten. Plus a few spare parts that I've acquired on ebay "just in case", a restrictor kit, and any OEM parts that I've taken off.

MoT'd at the beginning of July.

These seem to fetch around £2,000-2,500 on ebay (without all the extras listed above), so looking for offers around that - pretty cheap for a 4-year-old bike, no? Possibly the most fun you can have on a bike that gives up to 70 m.p.g. - I normally need to put in about 10 litres after the light comes on at 150 miles.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

2011 mt-03 Empty Re: 2011 mt-03

Post  mrfrance Tue Sep 22 2015, 21:34

Gosh that is good for the money! I've clearly been looking for the wrong thing!

Good luck with the sale
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

2011 mt-03 Empty Re: 2011 mt-03

Post  bobh Wed Nov 18 2015, 22:44

Bump.

Definitely got to in the next couple of weeks.

Brilliant economical winter hack, and general all-rounder (there was one on ebay recently that had been converted, with the minimum of changes, to a round-the-world adventure bike).

Sad to part with it, but I just don't have the space now. Couple of grand, or thereabouts, and it's yours, complete with all the extras.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down