Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Rule

4 posters

Go down

The First Rule Empty The First Rule

Post  The White One Mon Jul 20 2015, 07:58

I'm sure you guys are aware that I'm rebuildingand respraying the Cat. Only issue is that since its my only for of transport it a case of doing little bits at a time, putting it back together until next time I can work on it. It is taking a lot longer than I hoped for mainly due to the rain.

Well I got home from work last night and with me being off till Wednesday and having my new fork seals arrive thought I would break down the front end and replace the seals. Forks off, oil drained (black, thick and sludgy so about time). Forks now in pieces and thought I can get this finished tonight. Got my new seals and WTF the people I bought them from sent me the wrong size. fuming So I contact them stating they have sent me ones that are too small and rather than saying so sorry we will send you the correct size they say you should have received size 41x53x8/10.5 tell us your make model and year so we can send you the right ones for your bike. Straight away they are assuming I made the mistake not them. So I replied saying yes I should have as that is the size my bike requires but that's not what I received. So now the forks are in pieces, I have no transport until I get the replacement seals.

Piece of advice for everyone. Check the sizes before you take things apart just in case.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 467
Hobbies : Riding, Fixing, Riding Fixing
Humour : Dry, witty, Known as the child.
Registration date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

The First Rule Empty Re: The First Rule

Post  Wooster Mon Jul 20 2015, 09:14

That's a kick in the stones mate. :/

Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 20 2015, 12:02

Yeah, that's not nice at all  sad

Small consolation, it's happened to folk on here before - so good advice check everything before getting stuck into the job
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Mon Jul 20 2015, 15:54

Did they buy the parts from the same place?
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Mon Jul 20 2015, 16:03

I got mine along with steering head bearings from eBay. Went for pyramid parts from eBay for the bearings and turned out to be NTN third party bearings not pyrimid parts at all, funny thing turned out to be that the people I got.my fork seals off is a part of the same people I got my bearings off just trading under a different name. They trade under 4 or 5 different names on eBay but all come from the same place Dumfries.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Jul 20 2015, 17:23

Happens to us all at some point, did it with my brake pads, but that's not so bad...

Hope you get it sorted soon.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The White One Thu Jul 23 2015, 19:19

Well, after having the bad misfortune of being sent the wrong seals I decided to go elsewhere to get my fork seals. Was planning on just oil swop and new seals but a fork rebuild kit with bushes, o rings, crush washers and oil seal clips for just £28! WTF! In the end I settled for the fork rebuild kit from a company called motostore-direct off ebay. To ensure I received them ASAP I rang them up on Tuesday rather than order over ebay. Managed to order the rebuild kit and the seals for a total of £43. Explained that I needed them quite urgently. Well they couild not have been more helpful and accommodating if they tried. Fantastic service, got the kit and seals today. Forks rebuilt, fitted and set up as per factory settings. Front end now is spot on for me. I would seriously reccommend these guys for your seals and bearings and whatever else they sell. I will be using them again thats for sure. Now for the rest of the bike lol.
The White One
The White One
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum