Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

strange noise

4 posters

Go down

strange noise Empty strange noise

Post  mechy69 Thu Jul 16 2015, 20:52

its looking like my faithful old machine might be suffering from the main drive bearing going ,,, so it might be hasta la vista time as dont have the funds to do it ,,,,,have done some remedial work in the hope i can at least survive TOL, but at 90k its a question of 'is it worth doing' ????as if i do i will want to go the whole hog , ie get the frame done, replace the dying electrics,,get the suspension sorted, and if i did that its going to really add up !!!!, whats your thoughts (the people that know this bike) ????, oh and would need it painting by somebody actually capable of using something other than a paint brush dipped in gravel
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

strange noise Empty Re: strange noise

Post  dudeofrude Thu Jul 16 2015, 22:49

I'd say it depends on your cash flow and attachment to the bike. Personally at that milage and condition I'd just go chop it in for something newer but if your funds don't permit or you are quite attached then sort it out bit by bit. Important stuff first and work backwards.

If you've got enough cash then why not get yourself something else to get by on then take the cat off the road and keep it as a project bike, spend some time and bring her back as a one of a kind. Doesn't matter if it takes a few years that way?
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Jul 17 2015, 06:16

If you can find enough cash to rebuild the Fazer then personally I'd probably put that money into replacing it for something with less miles?
I'd happily lend you the Exup for TOL but I'm currently using it as I've sold the Z.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri Jul 17 2015, 20:07

thing is, if i take the engine out and sort it, i have to do the frame as its a bugger being the cradle type , havent the funds to replace it, got double crossed by my old boss over a really nice 54 fazer that a wall had fell on, would have been perfect only done 4500, cant get credit so am stuffed really lol, Thanks for the offer Nick , shame eh, now if you would just go buy a z1000sx , i would gladly run it in for you !!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Jul 18 2015, 00:14

Is it a clicketty clack, coming up from the track?

...oh wait, that's the other one. Smile

Bad news but it sounds like a spares/repairs job for my money, given you can pick up a good runner with low mileage for much cheapness. :/
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sat Jul 18 2015, 01:50

If I have spare wheels by sept the Exup is yours