Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

max weights

+3
0ldcat
Rosco
ddtwelve
7 posters

Go down

max weights  Empty max weights

Post  ddtwelve Mon Mar 16 2015, 22:51

hi all this is not for me my brother has just brought a 600 thundercat great looking bike for the money but he and his missus are say slightly on the large size , we know what the manual says about passenger and luggage weight limits but whats the max weights of what people have put on (bro and missus are 18 stone each ) as his wife says she cant shed all the weight needed to go out with him

cheers all
ddtwelve
ddtwelve

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

max weights  Empty Re: max weights

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 16 2015, 23:18

I used to tip in about 16 and a half stone (closer to 15 and a half now Smile )  and my pillion's was about 12-13.

Tank bag and Top box was a good 3-4 stone too I expect.

Never had any issues.

There was a couple on here a long time ago who were very large and I remember hearing about the back tyre being a bit of a funny shape.

It didn't stop them though.

I think your supposed to increase the tyre pressure but I've always kept mine at 36 and 42 regardless of whether I'm on my todd or pillion-ed up.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly with the textbook answer.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Mar 17 2015, 08:27

Rosco wrote: . . . .

There was a couple on here a long time ago who were very large and I remember hearing about the back tyre being a bit of a funny shape.

It didn't stop them though.
Very large is a bit of an understatement   Shocked
I followed these two, their user/nickname escapes me at the moment, on one or two of the forum ride outs.
He used to throw that bike all over the road like they were on a track day and he was well happy with the bike and never mentioned any handling issues, or lack of power issues  don\'t know
Rosco wrote: . . . .
Hopefully someone will be along shortly with the textbook answer.

Cheers
Rosco
I don't think the "textbook" answer applied to the two afore mentioned folk, . . . And we all know that the SWL (e.g. of a crane), are always underestimated clown

Oh By the way, Welcome to the forum ddtwelve left thumb up Please pass on our web address to your brother. Have a wee snoop about all the boards, especially the How About Something for the Weekend section. We'd be glad to see you along on any of our get-togethers great

Cheers & Happy St Patrick's
Toff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Mar 17 2015, 11:34

Well I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum, but I can only imagine it will increase the torque Very Happy Cool
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Thu Mar 19 2015, 09:38

I'm 15-16 Stone and used to take my brother pillion he's 19stone, only had one problem, being a tit in the new forest found a nice straight road which had a dip to go under train tracks, half way down it levels and drops again, I managed to get air as it dipped again and bottomed out the rear shock as it landed ( I was riding up around 3ish digits) scared the shit outta me
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

max weights  Empty Max weight

Post  sarick1234 Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:07

Hi thanks to everyone for the messages to my brother ddtwelve, he was asking for me and the missus.Im taking the bike in for mot tommorow so fingers crossed. BTW were both on diets cant afford new springs. Bike5
sarick1234
sarick1234

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:29

Very Happy

I reckon that's another + for bikes. It's quite difficult to snack while riding them. green smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum