Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

+23
Dogsbody
tcatcarson
Eddie990
athollm123
robertcains
alleycat
furball
SteveCat
Snowcat
ellie
Robcat
mrfrance
Dirt Bike Dave
Radar
MevsyD
terry lees
billyw
Panzerbuilder
Gillybaby
MrNutt
Little Ninja
weasley
Rosco
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) - Page 3 Empty Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 01:37

First topic message reminder :

Hi Folks

Big Mac 2015 - Thinking of going back to Ullapool the first weekend in August (Scottish Bank Holiday weekend) and we need commitment from at least 10 (preferably a few more) that wish to stay at the youth hostel - HERE
Ideally if everyone could stay all 3 nights if possible but we might be able to accommodate less nights if some folks really need it.
(other accommodation available if youth hostel doesn't float your boat)

Friday 31st July for 3 nights - Rideouts on the Saturday and Sunday.

Some pictures of when we were there 4 years ago to whet your whistles HERE and HERE

Prices will be cheap n cheerful as usual - approx £35 pppn (give or take a bit) and that includes breakfast, evening meals and drinks (although we might go out the Saturday or Sunday night)

We'd need a small deposit soon to confirm the booking and the rest in June.

Will work out finer details once we've got enough numbers to go ahead with a booking.

I should be able to put some folks up heading from down south to help break up their journey (as Ullapool is way up North) and to help keep folks costs down.  Some of you might even get a real bed.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Wed Feb 04 2015, 02:09; edited 3 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  terry lees Wed Mar 11 2015, 16:07

Hi Ross, Christian just phoned, will you put his name down for the hostel please.

terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  Eddie990 Sat May 30 2015, 10:51

I am a huge maybe for this, it looks as though the stars may align for me to join you on my way south for a night.

Any ideas on the routes yet Rosco? I'll see how it ties in with ferries and dates.

Looks like I may get my West Coast fix in this year after all! Will keep you posted!
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jun 01 2015, 15:58

Hi All

Remaining £85 due this week please so I can pay the hostel.

Eddie990 is looking to take your space Alleycat (he only needs Fri and Sat night)

There might still be spaces at the hostel so if we get any more takers I'll just add Chris's requirements on and the rest of the booking the same.

We currently have 13 spaces for 3 nights.

Have a look HERE if you need a good reason to attend.

FYI - Saturday's route is likely to include Applecross and Sunday is likely to include the very North Coast.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jun 03 2015, 17:01

Update -
Chris Eddie990 is not able to commit to staying over anymore (he might still try and join us as some point)
TCatCarson is joining us now and is looking to take Alleycat's space.

Alex - Once Lee pays I'll be able to return your deposit Smile
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  tcatcarson Wed Jun 03 2015, 18:22

In a secret message Alex told me just to use his deposit as mine, and that he'd deny this if asked about it later.

Delighted to be back on the 'Cat map and looking forward to revisiting the "best roads in Scotland" (my quote)

Big Mac 2011

See you all there,

Lee

tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jun 04 2015, 09:36

Quality pictures Lee. I'm more a quantity man hoping that a quality one slips through the net every now and again.

Great to have you back for a home run.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) - Page 3 Empty Just checking in.

Post  Panzerbuilder Fri Jul 10 2015, 18:28

Not long to go now. I was just wondering who is stopping with Ross and family on the Thursday? I'm in Hull so can we meet on the way up?

BTW, just to keep things interesting. My chain snapped today.

I now have a broken pushrod, knackered seal and no chain oh and about 2/3rds of my engine oil. All needs to be done in three weeks. Simples!

I do like to keep things interesting. I really should invest in a Scottish passport. Maybe that will improve my luck of getting north of our border. Very Happy

At least i have some time this year, not like Selkirk last year.

Drowning my sorrows with a couple of cans of Carlsberg export. I wonder if they do bikes pr pushrods? wall
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dogsbody Mon Jul 13 2015, 10:55

Hi there.
Will be joining you on this trip hopefully, but does anyone know any biker friendly campsite or recommended B&B as a halfway stop between the border and Loch Lomand ?
Dogsbody
Dogsbody
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 111
Hobbies : Guitar/Bikes
Humour : Swiss Toni
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Jul 13 2015, 11:05

As some of you will know I had a wee off in Spain and won't be fit to ride the bike for at least 4 weeks. Embarassed

So, definitely no Big Mac for me, gutted!

Have a good one clink
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Mon Jul 13 2015, 14:06

Sorry to hear about that Chris - hope you are okay?

Get well soon mate!
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Daz11 Mon Jul 13 2015, 17:30

Ive tried my best to free myself up for the weekend but its a no go im afraid... gutted!

Ross, what route you planning on taking heading up and back down? I may be able to meet up for a run on the Friday/Monday. Smile
Daz11
Daz11
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 15 2015, 11:12

Paul, Are you still planning to stay at the campsite opposite my house?
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Jul 15 2015, 13:50

Hi Terry, yes I am, but I am yet to arrange! Shocked

Will get on to it now...
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Jul 15 2015, 14:00

Booked for Thursday 30th. Could you please PM me your phone number Terry so I can arrange to meet up with you on the Friday? (Or a pint on the Thursday Smile )
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 15 2015, 21:53

Daz11 wrote:
Ive tried my best to free myself up for the weekend but its a no go im afraid... gutted!

Ross, what route you planning on taking heading up and back down? I may be able to meet up for a run on the Friday/Monday. Smile

Hi Daz

Haven't quite decided yet but can do west going up or down for whichever day suits you.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jul 16 2015, 08:51

Hi Paul, land line is 01969623841 mobile 07751120945 but its only about 20 yds. from my front door to the pubs front door, so I'll walk across there about 9.00 p.m. We can fine tune meeting places over a pint. We will meet up with Christian in the morning, don't know where yet, anyone else from this neck of the woods want to join us, just get in touch.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Jul 16 2015, 09:59

Thanks Terry. I will hopefully be getting there nice and early to give me a chance to explore the area.

Looking forward to it.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Daz11 Fri Jul 17 2015, 15:07

Daz11 wrote:

Hi Daz

Haven't quite decided yet but can do west going up or down for whichever day suits you.

Cheers
Rosco

Okay cool, latest is Friday is a no go so Monday it is! Im trying to get up there on the Sunday if so ill just bring my tent and stop at the campsite and join the run back down on the Monday so how about west on the monday? If I cant get away the Sunday ill just meet you guys up the west side somehwere possibly Fort William?

Ill let you know. Smile Daz
Daz11
Daz11
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Fri Jul 17 2015, 15:55

Right. Bike fixed. YaY

Tested it this afternoon for 15 miles. No issues.

Who is off to Rosco's on Thursday? Other wise it will be a lonely trek fro me. Crying or Very sad
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Fri Jul 17 2015, 16:23

Myself and Ewan will be at Rosco's Thursday night (as he has kindly agreed to have us both) but we will be in the car so can't offer you any company on the journey up.

I am really looking forward to the Big Mac even though I will be missing out on the actual rideouts.

Linz
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Fri Jul 17 2015, 20:41

I can always take a pillion if your up for a slow ride up. Ewan can always ride in the rucksack. Wink
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Sat Jul 18 2015, 10:26

Thank you for the offer Rich and I wish Ewan in a rucksack was a possibility Smile
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Jul 21 2015, 01:01

Haha Linz....I was thinking a Euan in a rucksack would be a great idea.....then I realised I was thinking Euan and not Ewan... Every time you scuff your fairings Euan in a rucksack can sort it on the spot!!
Euan, you up for it...lol
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Tue Jul 21 2015, 07:48

Haha Dave! That made me chuckle reading this. Poor Euan and my Ewan would love to be able to go on the back of the bike but has a while to wait yet Laughing
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Jul 23 2015, 18:47

I'll keep an eye out for you all coming back on the Monday 1st as I drive up to Ullapool for the ferry to Stornoway (2005 Honda Accord (Grey) MH55xxx).

As an FYI, I'm heading back on the Tuesday 3rd.
...so if you need a lift back after your bike has fallen apart Ross, I'll be able to collect you if you find digs for an extra night.  Laughing

Alternatively, if anyone requires parts to get home, I could drop them off on the Monday. Keeping in mind that I'd need to be able to pick them up on the Sunday, or have time to cannibalise my own bike to cover any waiting times. (Have room for wheels/tyres or smaller in the boot)

Ullapool to Stornoway ferry is at 17:30 on the Monday, so will be there around 16:30.
Stornoway to Ullapool ferry is at 14:00, so will be in Ullapool around the same time on the Tuesday (It's a 2.5hr sailing)

Ross has my Mobile number and email. Smile

(Just a pity the job didn't take longer, requiring me to be up there earlier, or I could have picked up the bad back brigade from Glasgow, dropped them off for the rides, then picked them up again and dropped them off at Glasgow again.) :/

p.s. If anyone encounters any major bike issues on the long run north, mine is available FOC for the rest of the weekend.
(I wouldn't want to see anyone stuck at the halfway point.) left thumb up
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jul 24 2015, 09:33

That's a very kind offer Alan.

Shall I just come and swap bikes with you now and save the hassle Wink

Hopefully no-one will need to take you up on it.
We'll look out for you and give you a wave if we see you.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next