Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well on way...

+2
Thundercatjs
sep
6 posters

Go down

Well on way... Empty Well on way...

Post  sep Tue Sep 30 2014, 20:31

Got my cbt booked for Sunday and also have my theory booked for the 17th! well excited just hope it it stays nice!!

anyone know if the videos on the official app for hazard perception are the same as on the actual test?
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-09-12

Back to top Go down

Well on way... Empty Re: Well on way...

Post  Thundercatjs Wed Oct 01 2014, 16:34

Good luck mate - as far as I remember I did both my car and bike test in the same week, the only difference between the theory tests was a few bike related questions in the multiple choice - I heard rumors there is a tighter tolerance for getting 5 in the hazard perception but I think that was just rumor...Ive always been very good at reading roads though. *blows own trumpet*

Best advice I could give you is do the cd and pump out as many mock tests as possible I studied for about 9 and a half hours with a few breaks the day before each of my theory and on the majority of clips I recognised the streets so got damn near top marks on multiple choice and for the theory its just common sense usually. But all te best on Sunday do let us know how you got on mate and remember try try and try again took me 4 attempts to get it right - chin up and move on
Thundercatjs
Thundercatjs
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 9
Hobbies : Chilling Riding or Tinkering
Humour : Enjoy a good laugh
Registration date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Wed Oct 01 2014, 17:13

Cheers buddy. I've a full car licence but it's changed since I did my theory.. Ive passed all the mocks just keeping them going and making sure I'm 190% sure. just the hazard perception makes me uneasy as it was just coming in when I passed my car but I missed it just ha cheers buddy
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Thundercatjs Wed Oct 01 2014, 18:06

Nah I personally think its a pathetic way of assessing ability. Think part way through the test the examiner should just ask could you point out the main hazard on the road every now and then during the test. But practice makes perfect good luck again
Thundercatjs
Thundercatjs
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 9
Hobbies : Chilling Riding or Tinkering
Humour : Enjoy a good laugh
Registration date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Roll The Bones Wed Oct 01 2014, 22:02

Good luck sep, the Cat's been put away until Spring now. Did give it a good blast on Sunday, or have you one now?
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 04 2014, 16:10

Cheers lads nervous now lol.. not got one yet roll the bones and luckily I'm starting to work away soon so extra cash coming in so hopefully get my test dome and ill get the penny's together to come view yours
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Sat Oct 04 2014, 20:40

Good luck, I did mine 7 years ago and only just passed. when I did mine the the test centre could see your results and when you clicked. I clicked 1-2 seconds early on every one, I had a matalan lorry driving down a country road to my left you could see miles away, it was going to be joining my road, at which point do you click?
But I passed with no practice as it had only just started so I had no idea I was supposed to do it until I got there
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 04 2014, 20:42

Yeah I've had that on the hazard perception practise.. I've seen things before they think you should and lost marks
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sun Oct 05 2014, 21:04

Woop passed my cbt! what an awesome thing biking is...

also had a go off a 500cc bike doing figure of 8's and the instructor was very impressed. He thinks I shouldn't struggle too much and and to crack on learning once my theory is out the way.

very happy.
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roll The Bones Sun Oct 05 2014, 21:08

YaY
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Oct 05 2014, 21:16

Well done.

sep wrote: what an awesome thing biking is...

Sure is. Biking is for life, not just the occasional weekend kiss
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Tue Oct 07 2014, 12:49

tell me bout it. gutted I can get a shifty on with it until theory is done
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 11 2014, 19:24

Roll on Friday and theory day. Gonna try and get the Monday off to do my conversion day
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:18

smashed the theory in. but work has dropped off and might be looking at layoffs till it picks up so lessons on hold till I find out more...
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:36

The test has changed just a little since I took mine. You just rode around the block a couple of times with the tester observing you from the pavement. The emergency stop was conducted by the tester hiding between 2 parked cars and then jumping out in front of you with a rolled up newspaper. You had to stop before you hit him! Everyone new roughly where he would be, it certainly wasn't difficult, but my god it definitely made us better riders.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:38

Lol think id panic if they jumped out ha!
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roll The Bones Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:45

terry lees wrote:The test has changed just a little since I took mine. You just rode around the block a couple of times with the tester observing you from the pavement. The emergency stop was conducted by the tester hiding between 2 parked cars and then jumping out in front of you with a rolled up newspaper. You had to stop before you hit him! Everyone new roughly where he would be, it certainly wasn't difficult, but my god it definitely made us better riders.

Mine was like that in 81  old  , had the same examiner as my car test two weeks previously and he asked an identical question at the end.

Got a car in 82 and that was more-or-less it with bikes 'til 2011. Smile
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sep Sat Oct 18 2014, 19:48

mad how things change
sep
sep
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Oct 20 2014, 11:41

A similar system is used in South Africa, not sure when it changed for bikes, but car testing was quite rigorous. As long as you didn't do anything silly or fall off, the bike license test was virtually a formality of just being there. No riding schools, just what you figured out for yourself and what friends may have advised.

When I did my 01 (50cc) test in '76, it was all in the test center - think they deemed it too dangerous to go on the road Very Happy I don't recall the emergency stop being scarey - they would sometimes surprise you as you were going around the admin building, or sometimes chose to appear from behind a car which was doing parallel parking! It was the hill start that had us all in a tizz. They'd put a matchbox against the back wheel (cars and bikes) and get you to pull off on a steep incline. If the matchbox was dented, you'd fail.

The 02 (over 50cc) test in '78 was much the same, however I needed to go on the road this time. The inspector watches from the test center. He told me to get onto the main road, turn left up a steep hill and do a right turn into a side road ('see, where all those buses are') u-turn and come back.
'Now watch it son, those bus drivers are maniacs'.
Off I go, no incidents, get back to see he has his back to the road and chatting to a 'mate'. 'Oh you back, OK lets go inside and do the paperwork' Wink  

A few months later did my car test, totally different. Was out for nearly 2 hours. After the test, I found out the inspector had 3 months previously been a passenger in a car involved in an accident (not during a test) and had lost his nerve and had failed everyone since. So I was even more relieved that I passed.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum