Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

+6
Snowcat
mrfrance
thunderstu600
YZFJohn
Cheshirecat
SteveCat
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 3 Empty Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  SteveCat Fri Jan 17 2014, 14:13

First topic message reminder :

Both Eco cabins have been booked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Stevecat & Pam             
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]YZFJohn                            
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Thunderstu                        
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]AlleyCat                             
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]AlleyDad                            
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Snowcat                
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Mike      
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Prime                                
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Cheshire Cat          
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Mr France               sorted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Helmet Dave

Last edited by SteveCat on Wed May 21 2014, 00:09; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : updated the list)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  SteveCat Wed May 07 2014, 22:29

I take it the consensus is to walk back at whatever time and route suits, ordinarily I'd do the same. Pam is joining me this year and she won't be able to cope with the hill climb, so I'll be arranging a taxi to take us and 1 other back, if anyone would prefer to taxi it back please let me know, either in this forum or via PM.

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  SteveCat Tue May 13 2014, 19:18

I may be making a mistake here, but trying a democratic approach to the breakfast's this year. Can I ask all eco cabiners' to have a think what they would like and quantities so I can compile a shopping list. If you want to add some bevvies, what brands you prefer  What a Face (e.g. baked beans, can only be Heinz, maybe Branston or Tesco's own is good enough)

I know there is still some time to the event, but I'm globe trotting (well Uganda and Malawi plus maybe some other countries) and I am hoping I won't be hopping off the plane and straight onto the bike. I'll be finding out in the coming days when I'll be away, but suspect I won't have time to get back and then ask what you'd like.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 13 2014, 21:25

I was happy with last yrs fayre to be honest Steve, I am a bit of a bean snob (Heinz or Branston) but the way I see it if someone is good enough take the time to prepare and put a cooked meal in front of me I ain't going to make any requests, I'm just happy to go with the flow (that's not to say I'm not happy to pitch in if required, just that you and Kev had it pretty well covered last yr)

I would say that I'm not a fan of own brand coffee, Nescafé if poss, beer wise I was going to bring a few tins myself.

Cheers

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Thu May 15 2014, 22:28

I'm easy on food, I eat anything pretty much! Drink wise anything there too haha
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Fri May 16 2014, 12:50

Will Go with the flow Steve.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed May 21 2014, 00:29

You lot are brave trusting me to it again. I think I might know when I'm away, this Sunday till the following Saturday.

I am not organising a taxi other than for Pam, Cheshirecat and myself. The breakfast will be two bangers, two eggs, two rashers of bacon, beans and toast.

Regarding accommodation:
(Cheshire Cat) Kev in the double in the 'lounge'
(Snowcat) Steve and Mike in the bunk room and
Pam and I in the double of the smaller eco cabin

In the fun cabin

(Mr France) Paul on the window sill
(Helmet) Dave in the double in the lounge
(AlleyCat) Alex in bunk room
(AlleyDad) either in the bunk with Alex or the double bed
(Prime) Chris either sharing with Alex or the double bed
(YZFJohn) John bunk room
(Thunderstu600) Stu bunk room

Shout for changes to anything
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed May 21 2014, 07:47

All fine by me Steve, cheers again for sorting it all out pal
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Wed May 21 2014, 13:23

Cheers for that Steve, will be nice to see Pam again.

Bike has no Carbs again at present, the replacements bunged themselves up and now the valve clearances/ shims need doing which is being done on the 5th so hopefully she will be ready for the 6th to ride up to BC.

If they find more wrong then i'm busted - wont be coming.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed May 21 2014, 17:25

Hope there aren't any unpleasant surprises John and the bike is sorted.

Thanks to the time honoured committee of non communicating individuals, I'll now be back on the 4th or 5th  confused_2 The client was told I'd be there a week after I was supposed to be - brilliant.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu May 22 2014, 21:03

Me again, with a request for all the 'Go With The Flow' Eco Cabiners.

I'm not due back now till the 5th, but I don't trust my lot and it could slip yet another day. I don't want to put extra pressure on myself and potentially leave you all in the lurch with no food or other essentials.

This is in case I can't get to Foxholes before anyone else.

The cabins have been paid for, the first one there just needs to get the keys from Wendy Jones in the office. She can be a bit cranky and scatty, chances are she has stapled my two letters to her in her diary. I don't forsee a problem there though.
Who goes where has been sorted in a previous post, hopefully to everyone's 'liking'.

I'll be doing an online Tesco shop in the next couple of days, will book a 5pm-6pm slot - whoever is there if you can please accept the delivery. For those who are not familiar with the service, the driver will give you a list of what I ordered, hopefully there won't be any substitutions, - quick check it's all there and sign either on his terminal or piece of paper

Please can you check the list, I can be even more scatty than the campsite owner, I forgot 70% of what I needed off my last week's list  Shocked 
Quantities will vary to the pack sizes

48 each of  sausages, eggs and rashers of bacon
8 tins Heinz or Branston beans
4 or 6 bog rolls (yeah we have to provide our own!)
small bottle of Fairy liquid
dish/ drying cloths
salt &  pepper (if I can find small containers)
Daddy's Sauce
Bread - probably Brown or Half and Half
Oil
Butter Spread
Yorkshire Tea
Kenco Coffee
Sugar
2 x 2l milk

What have I forgotten?

Last edited by SteveCat on Sun May 25 2014, 09:31; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed delivery time)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Thu May 22 2014, 21:08

Beer haha
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu May 22 2014, 21:10

what kind and how much? What other drinks? I'm getting some Diet Coke for Pam and myself, anyone else? think the liquid kitty will be separate from the food / essentials kitty

Thanks for reading the list and noticing it wasn't there  Laughing wink thumb up

First mistake, I've catered for 11 and there's 12 of us  Exclamation
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Thu May 22 2014, 21:50

Thanks for all the arranging steve, we all appreciate it immensely. Really cant wait, I can smell the breakfast already Smile
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri May 23 2014, 14:45

I have ordered 20 Carlsberg, is that OK? How many will drink it?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Fri May 23 2014, 17:13

I drink anything lol
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Mon May 26 2014, 14:49

Carlsberg is fine by me but will only have the one. May bring some jacks to finish the night nights off.
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon May 26 2014, 16:21

Thanks stuff I like jacks haha!
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Mon May 26 2014, 16:34

If its cold and wet ill drink it steve, cheers. Smile
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon May 26 2014, 17:20

Assuming most will have a can, that'll make 10 people (Pam and I don't drink beer), so basically you have 2 each. Really it's just to quench the thirst after a day in the saddle  Laughing and before Boars Head.

The delivery has been moved to 5-6pm slot.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jun 05 2014, 20:28

Forgot to mention to bring a torch.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Jun 05 2014, 20:32

SteveCat wrote:Forgot to mention to bring a torch.
And a compass!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Thu Jun 05 2014, 22:16

It's OK I know a short cut!!!
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Jun 05 2014, 22:36

Cheshirecat wrote:It's OK I know a short cut!!!
And you're getting us to BC tomorrow, god help us all, probably end up in Lancaster with your directional skills  LMAO
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Thu Jun 05 2014, 22:57

Relax Steve, I have Sat-nav lol
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Jun 05 2014, 23:41

Cheshirecat wrote:Relax Steve, I have Sat-nav lol

As long as you're not like Prime and wear it inside your helmet so you can't actually see it  rofl 
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3