Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday.

3 posters

Go down

Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday. Empty Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday.

Post  YZFJohn Wed Oct 09 2013, 19:51

For the first time I went to the Bike Show at Copdock, Ipswich - it's very much like BMF but not quite a big.

I had arranged to meet a friend in a Cafe at Ipswich for 9am so I left at 6.40am, the weather was supposed to be quite warm so went in the leathers. At that time of morning I ended up freezing and stopped for a cuppa half way. Stopped a bit too long and pushed it a bit to get there on time. The rising sun was a bit of a problem with visibility and no I did not have a built in sun visor or sun glasses (someone ran over them on the Saturday - another story).

I was nearly at Ipswich and was approaching another bike quite quickly and then I saw the battenberg - Oooppps! Slowed, put my hand up and passed him slowly. Arrived at Jack's Cafe where I parked up whereupon my cold hands dropped my "Motorcycle" Helmet on the corner of the curb - Blue Air ensued.

After breakfast we went straight to Copdock about ten minutes down the road. Got plenty of filtering practice as all the horde tried to go down the same road.

The show itself was very good, plenty of food wagons, motorcycle parts/ gear stalls, wall of death, some grass racing with old motorcross bikes that we couldn't fathom out and the usual trick rider who did make one booboo and separated himself from his bike but he even managed to make that look good. The parking was very well organized with square bits of wood being given to those who needed as we parked on grass.

Entry was a reasonable at £8 with a helmet/ clothing park just inside the entrance.

Got myself a New helmet a Givvi flip up front helmet which seemed good value at £150 and managed to haggle a pair of Knox Recons for £50 - best gloves I have ever worn, if I could type in them I would wear them now.

In case your wondering I took my Aldi waterproof holdall and a set of Rok straps with me. The holdall comes with 2 straps so it can be worn like a rucksack, so I put the old helmet in the rucksack with other bits, strapped it to the bike with the Rok's and off home I went. For £10 the Aldi Holdall is well worth the money.

Will definitely go again next year, great day out.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday. Empty Re: Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday.

Post  mrfrance Thu Oct 10 2013, 13:40

Glad to hear it was worth the trip John! left thumb up
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday. Empty Re: Copdock bike show, Ipswich last Sunday.

Post  HEHORE Thu Oct 10 2013, 23:21

I was in Ipswich until Friday and saw signs for that everywhere , really wanted to go , shame I missed it
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down