Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

classified. ads wanted

+4
Snowcat
mrfrance
prime
thunderstu600
8 posters

Go down

solved classified. ads wanted

Post  thunderstu600 Wed Aug 28 2013, 17:56

Looking for an engine. Pm me if you got one for sale pleeeeaaase.
P.s. I promise to look after this one Very Happy

Last edited by thunderstu600 on Thu Aug 29 2013, 00:56; edited 1 time in total
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

solved Re: classified. ads wanted

Post  prime Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:08

what did you do?
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:47

I think i rode it too hard and made it go funny. Not above 10k revs though It now sounds like a tinny v twin but mega worse. Bottom end stuff.

I think there was a weekness in there anyway as if i went too slow in the wrong gear the box made a flat battery ticking noise.
Now she's cream crackered.
Before you ask, yes there was oil in the engine lol
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:36

oh dear. shit one mate, ive been up to 10k plus a couple of times, once accidentaly. didn't look down til I was in red!
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:41

Riding the bike around 10k won't harm it so long as you service to the book. After all they are designed to do it! ...Hope you can get an engine sorted soon mate.

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted the duplicate posts)
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Thu Aug 29 2013, 19:52

I got the trailer today and took the bike to a mechanic with BIGWAN600 (Steve). It's really bad news just as I thought but not as bad as it could have been. it's still badly broke though and he said it wasn't my fault Smile 

I can't remember what he called it but he said something on the lines of a con rod or something else has snapped in the bottom end. oh yeah i remember now, he called it fooked lol.

Bigwan600 Steve, if you see this please post a message and say what it was as I can't remember

He said he could stick a camera down the top end and see what the damage is and then do the job but with that labour charge it would have been a waste of my money. We went through all the options and costs and sourcing a new engine and for him to fit it. It's just not viable with the amout I have to pay out. His words not mine.

Anyway Steve phoned a few places over a cuppa coffee at my house and found a guy that got a 'cat with everything but no side fairings. engine just shy of 40k on the clock, heated grips, new tyres and bar ends etc etc.

The garage was only a few miles away so while I had the trailer for the day we skipped over to view it. Decided there and then I would buy it and do her up with all the bits off 'frankensteen'.

Can't wait for my next day off so I can make a start at stripping them down and making one decent one. Rather than swapping engines over I'll use 'Frankensteen' as a donor and get Frankytwo on the road.

Pics to follow when my phone's charged

P.s ignore my personal classified ads request of an engine as it's now SOLVED. Big thanks to Steve (Bigwan600) for all your help today. any chance a moderator could send over a kudos to Steve as he really deserves one Very Happy 

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:13

Glad you got something sorted, make sure you take plenty of pics of the transfusion in process... good luck Very Happy 
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:54

Will do m8. thanks.

Looks scruffy but with a pretty good donor bike in the name of 'frankensteen' she'll be like new.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

forgot to mention earlier she got stainless downpipes too.
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Aug 30 2013, 07:08

Looks like alls well that ends well plus you get to have a play with the spanners and get your hands dirty, good luck with the undress and rebuild, hope it all goes well for you and I look forward to seeing Frankenstu's Monster at BC next year.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:56

Open a new thread "Thunderstu's Project", perhaps ?

Do we get to rename you Igor now Igor  and you can thtart talking with a lithp pmsl  . . . . it'th alive ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:59

Good luck with the transformation.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:09

Well done pal, keep us updated
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Fri Aug 30 2013, 20:33

0ldcat wrote:Open a new thread "Thunderstu's Project", perhaps ?

Do we get to rename you Igor now Igor
Lol will do. nice one. Ive actually got a t-shirt with Igor on the back from when I did a sponsored bike ride. We all had to pick a nick name that sort of matches our last name. Ill wear it during the process and upload. I start tuesday.

Thanks for the luck guys i need it. I've made a list of everything needing done and collected chinese tubs for the screws and bits to go in. Getting exited mwah hahaa(deep voiced).
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Fri Aug 30 2013, 20:47

nice one on getting it all sorted stu! look forward to seeing the transformation!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down