Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswold Ride-Out 31st August

+4
0ldcat
stretchie_
weasley
bobh
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cotswold Ride-Out 31st August - Page 3 Empty Cotswold Ride-Out 31st August

Post  bobh Sun Jul 28 2013, 22:42

First topic message reminder :

As I've already posted in the Senate, I think I've got the makings of a Cotswold ride-out route, probably starting somewhere on the outskirts of Swindon (i.e easily accessible via M4/A419).

I'm looking at a southern loop in the morning, with a coffee stop near Cirencester, then a northern loop in the afternoon including an ascent of Fish Hill with a stop at Broadway Tower.  Not sure about lunch yet, but possibly the Cotswold Gateway at Burford. Whatever, some beautiful scenery, pretty villages in abundance and hardly any 50 limits (unless things change a lot between now and then).

It's just a question of finding a date.  I can only do 11th, 24th or 31st Aug or 1st Sept.  7-8th Sept is ToL and after that I'm committed every weekend until 12-13th Oct.  So do we go for sooner, or wait until the autumn?

Last edited by bobh on Fri Aug 02 2013, 11:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Date added to title)
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Cotswold Ride-Out 31st August - Page 3 Empty Re: Cotswold Ride-Out 31st August

Post  0ldcat Fri Sep 06 2013, 01:13

Here's a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]to a guide to up load pictures that may help left thumb up . . . If it's all still Chinese to you (sorry that reads so condescending), drop any of the Admins or Moderators a PM, and they'll be able to help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

0ldcat
founder

Number of posts : 5229
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Sep 06 2013, 01:56

bobh wrote:Right, back by popular demand (as the saying goes).  I'm thinking of Saturday 26th October, which I'm guessing is the day before the clocks go back and it starts to get dark in mid-afternoon (boo, hiss).

I'm also thinking of running it in the reverse direction so it wouldn't be boring for anyone who came this time.  Though I'll make a few tweaks so the start point is a bit easier to find than the pub-in-the-middle-of-nowhere we we finished on Saturday.  Also I'll make sure we go up, and not down, Fish Hill (it's the only way).

So - I'm thinking of starting at Hein Gericke on the A40 west of Oxford, where there's a service area of sorts - well, a burger van, a filling station and a decent-sized car park, at least.  Then the coffee stop will be at Broadway Tower, lunch at the Organic Farm Shop near Cirencester, and finish somewhere near where we started on Saturday, though I'll maybe try to find a pub or somewhere that's a bit more convivial for post-run pi$$-taking than the Esso filling station.

Any thoughts?
Sorry Bob, See this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Kind of self explanatory really, . . . Doubtful that the thumb will be up to it by then, or even this season. Especially if physiotherapy comes into it sad 
Judging by the comments from the last ride out, this'll be another sterling not to miss day out wink thumb up. . . So I'm gutted that is what I'll be doing . . . missing out yet again.

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:39

Gutted for you Tel. Get well soon!
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:40

New thread started for the October version.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3