Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless!

+8
ellie
OhJay
Tee-Forty
Rosco
0ldcat
SteveCat
SLIM
sean88
12 posters

Go down

Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless! Empty Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless!

Post  sean88 Tue Jul 23 2013, 20:46

Hello all! New to the forum and have been advised this is the place to pop in and show my face! Well howdy all! Picked up my Cat last week after many months of debating getting one.. It's my first big bike after making the jump from a 125cc twist n' go, and must say what an easy transition it's been! Look forward to getting to a few of my fellow cat owners on the forum!!

Sean
sean88
sean88
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 26
Hobbies : Accountant, riding my cat, golf.
Humour : Humour??? I'm an accountant!
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless! Empty Re: Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless!

Post  SLIM Tue Jul 23 2013, 20:52

Hi Sean. welcome3 to the forum .
SLIM
SLIM
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 70
Hobbies : Tig Welder/ Bikes , family, Marine Reef-fish keeping
Humour : yes
Registration date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless! Empty Re: Wet behind the ears but a Cat enthusiast nonetheless!

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 23 2013, 20:52

Hi Sean, welcome. Nice looking 'Cat , might see you on the road you're only a few miles from me!
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:15

Welcome and hello again Sean green smile 

Have a good look around. Something for the Weekend is a good read if your up to forum get togethers and rides out.

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  sean88 Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:27

Thanks for the warm welcome guys..

Steve - Croydon, just up the road! I haven't seen many cats around so if i spot one it could be you! I've had a trawl through the ride out pages and doesn't seem like you guys venture down south much? I could be mistaken.. Could be I've not read the thread yet! I'll keep my eyes peeled for upcoming events!
sean88
sean88
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 23 2013, 21:40

Nope, you've not  misread . . .
It's not for the want of trying. There have been ride outs muted for Wilts, The Cotswolds, The South West and the Issle of Widget . . . but for some reason they remain in the planning stage and come to naught.

There's a lot goes into these things. . . A space in the calendar, Accommodation, Route planning etc. etc.

But one day Very Happy
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 23 2013, 22:12

Sean there are a  few thundercat about, but not many. There's some nice roads about which you probably haven't tried on your twist and go. The eternal problem around these parts is the sheer volume of traffic and speed restrictions. OK for one or two riders, but won't make for a good group ride-out.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 24 2013, 00:15

Hi Sean

Welcome the the fold.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee-Forty Wed Jul 24 2013, 02:13

Hello, Sean.

welcome1 to the forum.
Tee-Forty
Tee-Forty
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2013-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:49

Hi and Welcome

welcome3 

When you come on one of the big ride outs you'll see why there couldn't be anything of the sort down here, there just wouldn't be anywhere with enough of a decent ride for that many of us. I know of a couple of decent roads round Box Hill but they're about 2-5 miles a piece then it's another 10 of drudgery to get to the next one Very Happy
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Jul 24 2013, 07:29

welcome1 

Ellie. flirty1 
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sean88 Wed Jul 24 2013, 09:22

Completely agree on the roads down south. I've taken part in an organised ride that goes up the A12 to Harwich (starts in Brentwood) which is pretty nice, 1000's attend though so if smaller numbers is your thing then this wouldn't be ideal. It's for the essex air ambulance.. I'd be keen to join in on a tour of the north though, there's much of it i'm yet to see!!

Cheers,
Sean
sean88
sean88
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Jul 24 2013, 10:26

Take a look at the ToLClick Here ride out coming up in the Midlands/East Ridings.
Might be right up your ally Smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:37

Hi Sean and welcome pal

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:57

Welcome to the clan Sean and nice looking 'Cat too.

make sure you get on a ride out, it's the best thing to do to learn your new machine and off course to meet all the guys and gals on here, mega fun
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Wed Jul 24 2013, 18:05

hi and welcome mate
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 25 2013, 07:33

Hi Sean,

Welcome. From one newbie to another, the natives do seem friendly great
and here's to many happy hours on your 'cat.

Stephanie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 26 2013, 18:05

Hello and welcome! I was on Woking with Alleycat yesterday so not too far from you... A few of us around the south and mostly always up for a blast Very Happy 
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  sean88 Sat Jul 27 2013, 11:53

Seems a few of you not too far away! A bit later in the year will be looking for a ride out so would be good to travel up north with someone - where the majority of the clan appear to be!
sean88
sean88
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Jul 27 2013, 12:02

Well there's the Taste of Lincolnshire (ToL) in September . . . or . . . Surf n Turf up in north Yorkshire a bit later towards the end of the same month . . . Very Happy left thumb up
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sean88 Sat Jul 27 2013, 12:40

Surf n turf sounds a blast. Am hoping to get a mate involved so will post up on the thread once confirmed!
sean88
sean88
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down