Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling The Cat

+3
mechy69
Snowcat
Cheshirecat
7 posters

Go down

suprise Selling The Cat

Post  Cheshirecat Mon Jul 22 2013, 19:28

Its with great sadness that I have to put my Cat up for sale, for those of you who don't know, I have for some time been struggling with health problems with my hips and lower back, I'm finding the Cat more and more uncomfortable on longer journeys.

Here's the low down on the bike,
Yamaha Thundercat yzf600r

1996 n reg,
Mot expiry 02/2014
Tax Expiry 08/2013
Miles: 46200 (using until sale)

New Fairings, Yamaha 50th anniversary colour scheme (look fantastic)
Scorpion Stainless steel can (sounds nice)
Stainless Steel downpipes
New DID x-ring Gold Chain and sprockets
K&N Air Filter
K&N Crash Bungs
Scottoiler (not connected)
Oxford Heated Grips

The bike has been serviced every 4000 miles and as wanted for nothing, few pics below and I will be sticking around on the forum and still making the rideouts,

Selling The Cat  AEB4C6DE-5A37-4838-A9E7-3C378A2E613A-2683-000001D92525B51C

Selling The Cat  DFD5F7CE-33E4-45FB-B9C0-336E9E8DB940-2683-000001D8FF0F8C8D

The front fender is now black...
Ready to ride away and enjoy!!
Looking for around £1500
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

suprise Re: Selling The Cat

Post  Snowcat Mon Jul 22 2013, 19:47

What are you looking for next Kev?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Mon Jul 22 2013, 19:54

I Have had the Fazer now for a while, and find my back and wrist are so much better on it than a more sport focused machine, i was finding that riding the zx i was getting real bad numbness in the wrist and hand and bad cramps in my legs !!
On the fazer i have none of this even after 250 miles !!
Hope you find a bike you can get comfortable with , because i am now enjoying my riding a lot more for it

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:11

Hi Steve, Looking at a Honda Blackbird with bar risers, or maybe an Fz1, not really 100% sure on what to get next, would like a faired bike, gutted the Cat as got to go though, Mechy I'm getting the same pains on the Cat.
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:25

Hi Kev,

Good luck with the sale left thumb up 

Sad that you have to have a 'forced' sale because of health.

It was for very much the same reasons I moved from sports/sports touring bikes.
The CBF Thou is worthy of your attention . . . see Radars post for what looks to be a fair sniff on offer Click Here
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:39

Good Luck selling it Kev x
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Jul 22 2013, 20:59

mechy69 wrote:I Have had the Fazer now for a while, and find my back and wrist are so much better on it than a more sport focused machine, i was finding that riding the zx i was getting real bad numbness in the wrist and hand and bad cramps in my legs !!

Pete
Since I swapped to the blade, I had started getting pain tingling and numbness in my right hand and wrist, friend said they were sometimes nicknamed "the wrist ripper" so initially thought I'd have to live with it or move on. After my near botched op last year to remove some cartlidge from a couple of knuckles nerve tests uncovered undiagnosed carpal tunnel in my right wrist. The consultant confirmed that the condition would cause the symptoms I was having and am booked in to have the surgery in September. He felt that the op would immediately alleviate the problem, (with 4 - 6 weeks for the wound to heal!!)

Being a biker himself the consultant suggested moving the brake lever around and trying different grip positions on the throttle to find a compromise which has alleviated a lot of the discomfort. I did 400 miles this weekend without much discomfort.

Obviously Kev I know your issues are a bit more complex than that and it's a shame you have to give up the cat but by the same rule at least it isn't making you give up bikes altogether.

Nice choice on the Blackbird incidentally, I believe (speaking to others on here) that with a little tinkering with the suspension the are pretty compliant on the bends, even the tight twisties. Guy we went to Assen with has a 1200 Bandit and that looked comfy as a lazyboy but went like a rocket. Good luck with your hunt.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon Jul 22 2013, 21:07

0ldcat wrote:Hi Kev,

Good luck with the sale left thumb up 

Sad that you have to have a 'forced' sale because of health.

It was for very much the same reasons I moved from sports/sports touring bikes.
The CBF Thou is worthy of your attention . . . see Radars post for what looks to be a fair sniff on offer Click Here

Your right Terry it is a steal but I don't want to really spend that much at the moment 2k max really, I'm back at the hospital soon and the future of my condition is not yet known so I'll just have to buy a runner for now! Thanks for the heads up though mate.
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:29

Not many FZ1's around for 2 grand, but you should be able to find a decent FZ6 for that money. I was going to get rid of mine when I got the Fazer8, but it's just too darn useful as an economical hack. Like the 8, it's definitely a comfortable 500-miles-in-a-day bike. Worth finding a later S2 model with the blue-spot brakes and smoother fuelling etc.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon Jul 22 2013, 22:34

bobh wrote:Not many FZ1's around for 2 grand, but you should be able to find a decent FZ6 for that money.  I was going to get rid of mine when I got the Fazer8, but it's just too darn useful as an economical hack.  Like the 8, it's definitely a comfortable 500-miles-in-a-day bike.  Worth finding a later S2 model with the blue-spot brakes and smoother fuelling etc.

I've seen a couple for under 2k Bob, not sure what there like close up but I'm in no rush really!
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jul 23 2013, 00:30

Hi Kev

Sorry to hear about the issues that mean you're not able to enjoy the cat as much as you should be.

Hope they get well soon if possible or at least don't get any worse.

Fingers crossed for a good sale and good purchase of something that ticks the right boxes for you.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down